The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

If they close it, I think they'd all have to move up to 135. I just don't see them making super fights at 125.

DJ has proved time and time again he's the best 125er in the world. TUF brought the champs of many different organizations together and the winner still couldn't beat him.

DJ should want a belt from each of the other organizations because he's now the lineal champ of every organization that participated.

That picture would outdo his UFC picture 2 fold easily. 10 UFC, the titles from all the organizations that participated in TUF, and any other belt he's won in the past? Nobody else in MMA could top that photo as far as accomplishments go.

Beating tim Elliot is cool but Jesus it's not that big a deal to claim all the belts of all those orgs lol

Them other orgs had decent flyweights but I'm guessing a majority if not all of the best are already in the UFC

DJ has 6 fights left on his UFC contract too. Should be interesting to see how they book him going forward.

I'll tell you this.

This gives some steam to the "UFC/Race" arguments that always come up.

"You gotta do this for TJ," ... Dana's tripping.

I'll tell you this.

This gives some steam to the "UFC/Race" arguments that always come up.

"You gotta do this for TJ," ... Dana's tripping.
Thought the same thing as soon as DJ mentioned it

To go back to the pay topic.. you would think it would be in the UFC's best interest to pay their fighters well... well paid fighters= able to train= able to afford to train at the highest level.

Last edited:
Sound like the usual **** show.

Dana know he ain't right. Let DJ get some meat off the bone. All the things he have done for UFC.

Korean Zombie just revealed that he completely tore his ACL & MCL. He's out until 2018

Jason Knight is replacing him at 214

Beating tim Elliot is cool but Jesus it's not that big a deal to claim all the belts of all those orgs lol

Them other orgs had decent flyweights but I'm guessing a majority if not all of the best are already in the UFC

I'm not saying it's a big deal, but it did make him the lineal champion of all the orgs involved. No other champ in the UFC will ever do that.

I think it'd be pretty dope if TJ focused on getting his loss back from Dom or Dodson

This whole thing is goofy. And Dana is a POS as usual

Last edited:
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/demetrious-johnson-is-staging-a-goddamn-revolution

Found this funny....

It seems Johnson was inspired to rethink his relationship to the UFC and his approach to negotiating at the UFC's own Athlete Retreat last month, an event put on by the promotion's new owners, Hollywood talent agent WME|IMG, and which featured presentations from, in their words, "a wide variety of experts across sports, entertainment, and business." Which is just where WME ****** up. Here they thought they would hire a bunch of big names from other sports to inspire their new employees (the fighters) to view their careers as opportunities for brand synergy and cross-promotional marketing integration, thereby benefitting the UFC brand and WME, and what they did instead was inspire their best employee to view his career as an opportunity for brand synergy and cross-promotional marketing integration, thereby benefitting himself. All those rich athletes on stage convinced Demetrious Johnson of one thing: to do whatever he can to become one of those athletes, which means being an athlete beyond the control of your promotion.

Yah, they had Kobe there telling all the fighters to unite and what not, telling em they needed continuity if they wanted to succeed 

Lol

Offer DJ his million dollar pay day(he deserves imo) but no ppv points and I'm sure he would do it. Can't blame him for trying to get paid after cleaning out his division. Whole UFC looks Bush league right now. Don't even think new ownership cares.

TBF Dj put an end to that divison years ago.. they literally let a TUF winner fight for the belt

No reason to discredit Tim just cuz he's a "tuf winner" he is super legit

And I don't buy that "do this for tj" statement coming outta Dana's mouth... He's not conor or rousey, why would dana cape for him

Last edited:
Sound like the usual **** show.

Dana know he ain't right. Let DJ get some meat off the bone. All the things he have done for UFC.

He really hasnt moved the needle for the ufc
It is messed up, but the guy never put butts in srats or sold out ppvs
Little guys just arent exciting to the casuals or even some die hard fans.

Last edited:
The relative failure of the flyweight division is entirely on the UFC.

Everybody ***** with the womens Strawweight division so why not flyweight dudes??

DJ is fun to watch, he finishes more often than not and he's good on the mic.

The UFC hasn't done enough imo. If you hear the promoter talking **** about the fighters and the division on the whole why would your audience ever buy into it?

He really hasnt moved the needle for the ufc
It is messed up, but the guy never put butts in srats or sold out ppvs
Little guys just arent exciting to the casuals or even some die hard fans.
He finishes most of his opponents though, short from talking **** to everyone, what else could he do to sell ppvs? I agree with DJ and that the UFC isn't marketing that division well. 

I wouldn't call myself a die hard fan, but I've enjoyed his fights

Back
Top Bottom