The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

3 PM ET start though? I wonder what time the first NFL divisional round game will start, that could kill ratings if the game and event overlap. Though maybe this is only a two hour telecast so I could see them only airing 4 fights (hopefully it's not some dumb thing like the first Fox event that was just the title fight and an hour broadcast iirc). In any case I still think they should have gone for a 7 or 8pm PST start time.

Image-from-iOS.jpg

tenor.gif

Interesting:

"When speaking to the UFC DM chatbot, as you follow along with the conversation and ask for the next event details, the chatbot notes a little something that would be news to the public."

“Don’t miss Poirier take on McGregor for the lightweight title bout. Who do you think will walk out of the Octagon with the W.?” the UFC chatbot says."

1609818535921.png

Well Khabib did say that he believes Conor-Poirier should be for the title so maybe he is indeed going to stay retired. Or take an extended break since it appears the GSP fight isn't going to happen. If this is the case I wonder what they do with Oliveira, Gaethje and winner of Chandler/Hooker.

It should be for the title, nice.

it should be a good year if conor is 55lb champ, we will get those BIG matchups we have been waiting years for.

current landscape of 170 is too big for conor, don’t see him jumping up for that belt.....

BUT I can see him cutting down to 45 ONE MORE TIME to take that belt from whoever has it and become the 1st, 2x simultaneous double champ.

volk, max or ortega...thats light work. Why wouldn’t he?

dood chasing history books and records at this point, he’s not competing against anyone.

im not sure what this means, what matchups have we ever gotten while conor was champ?
Exactly! If the upcoming fight is indeed for the title he's likely gonna continue his tradition of never defending, try to go for another title (presumably at FW) and hold the belts hostage if he wins both.

*Really hope this doesn't happen though....

im not sure what this means, what matchups have we ever gotten while conor was champ?
Ughhh all of them LOL

Mendes for the belt, aldo, alvarez and khabib for the belt....these were all #1 contenders and TOUGH FIGHTS that we all wanted to see...

conor with the belt can’t cherry pick nor has he in the past. He fights.

Y’all act like conor be running from fights LOL

STOP IT.

I mean defend the 45 and 55 belt for pennies or vacate the belts for 100m’s to spar mayweather 🤔

it’s not like he vacated the belts and retired LOL

the fact this dood made 100 m’s from the may fight and STILL comes back to fight in the UFC for pennies on the dollar says ALOT about his willingness to compete.

Man's still never defended the belt. The winner of this should be fighting for the belt next. Fight shouldn't be for the belt. Doubt they want him to win the belt, then turn around right after and fight Manny Pacquiao next. And Dana still praying for that Khabib/Mcgregor 2.

Ughhh all of them LOL

Mendes for the belt, aldo, alvarez and khabib for the belt....these were all #1 contenders and TOUGH FIGHTS that we all wanted to see...

conor with the belt can’t cherry pick nor has he in the past. He fights.

Y’all act like conor be running from fights LOL

STOP IT.

So basically nothing as champion, gotcha

as champion he starched another champion a weight class above, something that had never been done before.

starching a CHAMPION at a HIGHER weight class > defending the belt against a “CONTENDER” in the same weight class.

if you the opportunity to go up for another belt for a bigger pay day and make history OR stay at 45 and defend the belt for probably the same pay......I mean it’s a no brainer.

So he gains 2 belts, and mayweather sends an offer for 100m’s

you would rather this dood to reject the offer and stay in the UFC and “defend” against dos anjos or frankie edgar? Or whoever was next up at the time?

yeah let me just pass up 100m’s to keep fighting for 1-3m’s :rolleyes

and y’all stay talking about fighter pay and how doods are underpaid and need to be more business savvy LOL

so which is it??? Defend your belt for the fan glory or secure your unborn childrens future and get paid?

cmon man.

Conor is an anomaly in MMA. There's really not much to it. While we understand the business side of things we also don't have to love that he never defends and may foray into boxing once again. Sorry we like champs such as GSP, Anderson and DJ that were about defending. The game has obviously changed but is it really necessary to keep going in circles about why Conor should be blessed or given a pass anytime he decides to do something for business decisions?!?

Yeah I wouldn’t say I was anti-conor at the time he was coming up, but like most I recognized the favoritism he was receiving right away and felt like he was being coddled.

But in reality, he laid out whoever they put in front of him (aside from nate, which was one of the best things to happen to MMA) and didn’t turn down or pull from any fights during that run all the while calling his shots. Pretty epic.

I see alot of similarities between style benders current run and conors first.

If Conor recaptures 55, he gears up for another legit run.

Most likely he gets the winner of olivera and gathje.

The winner of hooker and chandler likely gets ferg or the looser of olivera & gathje.

Either way, all legit contenders for the belt. Will be a exciting year for 155lbs now khabib gone.

Back
Top Bottom