The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

This is bs lol the worst thing in mma is when you have an obvious rising contender and you can’t get him fights

Khamzat is a scary prospect. Gilbert Burns is down for whatever. Folks like Colby, etc see it as a lose/lose in fighting him. Khamzat has done enough to fight for the WW title. MW nah. He could stay busy fighting a MW top ten.

MMA is better than boxing in that promoters will normally make the fights fans want to see. The only negative is the promoter walls and cross promotion. Nemkov isn’t fighting Glover or Jiri to prove who is the P4P best LHW in the world.

Man…I thought that tweet was about Dana White. Crazy how with all this event news, more and more, the whole thing will be forgotten.

You guys were fooling yourselves even wondering how the world would react to the Dana white slap

It’s been proven time after time since the beginning that nobody cares about mma like that

Hella disappointing that there’s no real intrigue for Francis outside the ufc

I’m sure he’ll get taken care of wherever he ends up so that’s dope as hell. But let’s be honest nothing out there is exciting at all

Hella disappointing that there’s no real intrigue for Francis outside the ufc

I’m sure he’ll get taken care of wherever he ends up so that’s dope as hell. But let’s be honest nothing out there is exciting at all
One Hundo

As fans, we’re going to be greedy about getting the hyped up fights. But, at 34, Frahncis has to do what’s best for his long term prospects. It’s a violent sport. He was out a year due to injury. Gotta get the bag however you can.

I wouldn’t be mad seeing him KO cans in PFL or Bellator.

Depends on how they still feel about his weight miss and if they trust him to make champ weight. I don't see why they aren't booking Belal/Khamzat since Colby ain't fighting. That's the obvious number 1 contender fight and Belals been screaming for it.

One Hundo

As fans, we’re going to be greedy about getting the hyped up fights. But, at 34, Frahncis has to do what’s best for his long term prospects. It’s a violent sport. He was out a year due to injury. Gotta get the bag however you can.

I wouldn’t be mad seeing him KO cans in PFL or Bellator.
If Francis signs with Bellator or PFL and goes on a Tysonesque run of destruction, that’s huge for bringing eyeballs to those organizations.

Meanwhile if Gane beats Jon Jones and goes on his own run, the UFC will be stuck with a heavyweight division that becomes an afterthought in the sport.

…that’s the ideal scenario for making the UFC regret their decision to let Francis walk.

If you would of told me summer of 2020 during the start of fight island when Jones said he would fight Francis for the right amount of money we would never get that fight because Francis would walk away and become a free agent in 2023 I would never believe you.

Can’t believe how long this super fight had been drawn out just for this to happen.

If you would of told me summer of 2020 during the start of fight island when Jones said he would fight Francis for the right amount of money we would never get that fight because Francis would walk away and become a free agent in 2023 I would never believe you.

Can’t believe how long this super fight had been drawn out just for this to happen.
So ****ing stupid because in the end they gave Jones the money he wanted. All of this could've been avoided if they just paid him and Francis is happy that he gets the fight he really wanted.

So ****ing stupid because in the end they gave Jones the money he wanted. All of this could've been avoided if they just paid him and Francis is happy that he gets the fight he really wanted.
Someone asked if Cyril was making more money and Dana scoffed. And then he turned around and said Jon signed a new eight fight contract, which means he’s making more money (not sure why he’d sign eight fights at his age 😂 but he can always retire).

The allure of Fran Cis was definitely him touch of deathing the best in the UFC. I’m sure other orgs can claim they have the baddest man on the planet but can they create compelling matchups/stories for him? I’d prefer Bellator (with boxing which UFC won’t match). And convince Fedor to fight one more time 😂. Then have him kill Bader. Then Kongo lol. Kill kill kill.

Hopefully, he can get his boxing bag with Wilder, Joshua or Fury or Usyk.

Wow can't believe they just let Francis walk but I'm assuming they wanted no parts of him boxing after fighting Jones. Hope Francis dominates elsewhere and gets a boxing match against a top HW.

Gane-Jones isn't a fight I really wanted but if JJ gets the win and then fights Stipe I'd be all in for that matchup.

I laughed so hard when that reporter asked Dana is Gane was making anymore money for fighting jones

Assuming new eight fight deal pretty much locks Jones in for life with the ufc

I’d bet Jones is favorite by fight week
Betting lines aside, I am still leaning towards Gane

When Francis was able to wrestle him it did kind of scare me in terms of a Gane matchup with Jones-- but I think the length on the feet might be enough to get a decision or better

I think Gane will come up with a game plan to be able to still use his kicks and avoid being controlled/taken down at will

I don't think Gane will face anything in Jones' striking that he hasn't seen before

But yeah, I'm hoping Jones makes the walk. Would still like to see how a move up in weight translates to his skill set

DC going to call Jones/Gane lol.

So many questions Jon can answer. Is his wrestling a plus at HW (and better than Blaydes)? Does he have more power? How does he move with the extra weight? Were those last fights at LHW just him being uninspired or the game catching up?

Hopefully, he can get his boxing bag with Wilder, Joshua or Fury or Usyk.
I don't think any of them are going to waste time with Francis when they have real options/money to make fighting amongst themselves.

He’s still rehabilitating the knee. Things might clear up Spring wise. Maybe Fury can fight him after Usyk. It’s an easy bag for him. Baddest man versus baddest man. Lineal champ versus lineal champ.

Regardless, BKFC, Jake Paul, Bellator, PFL, etc have all publicly said their interested.

Won’t lie. Dana being Dana. I’d have locked him up. They lost two high prospect free agents. Not going to lie. Can’t really say how many buys it’ll do but folks might turn into a MMA PPV with Kayla Harrison, Jake Paul, Nate Diaz, and Francis N’Gannou.

Back
Top Bottom