The movie 'Kids' vol. Is this whats really good in the streets?

partying in a crack house? what are you talking about? that was a regular home

i dont know how most of you grew up but maybe you dudes are from the suburbs or some wack public schools

id say these kids are probably high school freshmen and I know i was drinking, smoking, hanging out all day and trying to pipe girls cause our parents werenowhere to be seen and all my friends were doing the same thing as me.

maybe you dudes just werent getting the best out of your life.

and whos to say this was meant to repreent every kid at that age everywhere in America?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Reginald Noble

Originally Posted by Mdotte

That movie isn't really that realistic I mean sure some of it is but damn I'm in HS and have never seen some *%%! like that at least to that extent....Maybe I need to movie to Nyc or grow up in the 90's?

what are you talkin bout???how can you make an opinion sayin it's not that realistic when your not from ny?nothing magnificent happened.movie revolves around sex and cuttin school.care to elaborate buddy?
laugh.gif
Did we watch the same movie you acting like....All they did was skip some random day of school, smoked a little weed, and only one dude got to hit....They got all types of @!+! I don't see....All them little +++ jits on drugs, partying in that crack house type @!+!, raping !$%%*@+, kids with aids etc..I mean sure ALOT of it is on point but some of that @!+! is o.d

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it did seem like i had a director's cut or somethin.im sayin i can only vouch for the weed.cutting skool and seein my friends smoke at cut partiesthat was natural,so was the daily snatch n runs from the store.BUT im from brooklyn,they was from uptown so i cant tell you what they do up there...we wasstealin haagen-dazs...they was stealin 40's weed was being passed around at the parties they had that crank balloon thing being passed around.just causeyou dont see people with aids and still havin sex doesnt mean its not goin on.and we aint have no pools to go to at night.

i will honestly say that being 30 years old, born and raised in NYC, it was actually a very accurate description of teenage life at the time..there missingaspects of course (wish there was more graf) but i would say it also left out the seedier side especially concerning harder drug use which was HEAVY at thattime..

I say this every time somebody brings this movie up, too much time was wasted on the marijuana and skateboarding scenes. Yea I know that was NY in the 90s, butit doesn't mean I'm going to find it entertaining just because I grew up with friends who had older brothers doing the same crap. Good story, but poorexecution imo.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Every time I see the scene where the skaters jump that black dude I wish i could jump in and help

frown.gif

oh yeah????you would got twerked too chief.Casper tried to let him slide.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

i will honestly say that being 30 years old, born and raised in NYC, it was actually a very accurate description of teenage life at the time..
Those weren't necessarily teenagers though... weren't most of those kids like 12 years old? Was that really what the majority of 12-year olds were doing at that time?

That's why I say it's unrealistic. Larry Clark used some young $%+ kids, if they used 16-18 year olds it would have been more believable.

i see where you comin from...i think... but the only thing that i never saw goin on was how they let jenny in the club no line or nothin.She was poppin at ayoung age,thats one of the few things i see in the movie that was a lil outlandish.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

i will honestly say that being 30 years old, born and raised in NYC, it was actually a very accurate description of teenage life at the time..
Those weren't necessarily teenagers though... weren't most of those kids like 12 years old? Was that really what the majority of 12-year olds were doing at that time?

That's why I say it's unrealistic. Larry Clark used some young $%+ kids, if they used 16-18 year olds it would have been more believable.
They actually were around that age. That's why that girl was making fun of telly for trying to have sex with a 13 year old.

Classic flick and the music is dope too! It actually takes place downtown and yeah NY was a bit ruff in the 90's but it in every major city stuff like thisoccurs...

classic movie.. i think most ppl who went to public hs in an "urban" city can relate to it

Man, I'm not sure where some of ya'll are from, or how old you are, but that is a pretty accurate version of my childhood right there. It came out whenI was 15 (same age as most of the kids in the movie) and even living in the midwest that was basically my daily life. You cats are acting like they were doingsome really WILD stuff, but on the real... Stealing/getting some dude to buy us 40's for a couple extra bucks, smoking weed, doing whip-its, tagging randomchicks, all while going from skate spot to skate spot is basically how I spent the majority of my teenage years. Granted the whole "onlyvirgins"/aids storyline is slightly contrived, but it isn't like I didn't see mess like that going down.

I've been assuming that kids now-a-days have only gotten worse... But between you kids and my little step sisters I'm starting to wonder if I was justa "bad kid". You might want to expand your horizons. I attribute my teen years for the reason I was looking at kids wilding in college like they wereridiculous. Get it out of your system now.

I ain't from NY but I'm curious to know how some of that of is "unrealistic" to ya'll...I see most of that !$%* happening TODAY. Youngfolks running around wild and reckless *!%%%*+ everything moving unprotected catching all types of !$%*. Thats real life.

Movie is crazy. The craziest, random, and realist part of the whole flick is when Telly spits on the kitchen table. Like, who does that?
laugh.gif

That movie isn't really that realistic I mean sure some of it is but damn I'm in HS and have never seen some *%%! like that at least to that extent....Maybe I need to movie to Nyc or grow up in the 90's?
Nothing extraordinary goes down. You go to high school in a big-medium sized city, I can damn near guarantee you somebody you know or have classwith has at least a medium-degree STD, maybe even AIDS.

You never got messed up at a party ? We all have, I did last week, I even deflowered some chick and made her call me telly

"Virgins, I lub em"

A lot of yall really missed out...the best part about being a teenager is acting reckless, having fun and being care-free

That movie is piff
pimp.gif
I was in 5th grade when it came out, i was like
eek.gif
this is what high school will be like?
laugh.gif

I can never get that part out of my head when Rosario said she got the kids stuck in between her teeth
sick.gif
laugh.gif

If you think Kids was pushing the envelope...try and find Ken Park. This movie is on a whole notha level. It was banned in some states...I mean full on teenagesex and orgies.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

movie isnt that great, but it's entertaining. A lot more realistic than Ken Park that's for sure. If you ever get a chance, watch Kidulthood, also a very good movie IMO.. it's made in london and it's much more relevant to our times since it was only made 2 years ago.
is it really that good? i seen the cover for it and it looked like a low budget movie

movie is overrated. its like making a movie out of your trip to the grocery store. the actors were like all over 20 as well....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

movie is overrated. its like making a movie out of your trip to the grocery store. the actors were like all over 20 as well....
Co-sign, whats entertaining about watching the average day of your typical worthless kid? Some of the lines were funny but I have no motivation togo watch it again. The plot line is very weak.

Back
Top Bottom