The Movie Red Tails...Go support your people.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Originally Posted by Put em up

Go support your people.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

oh lawd

I know right? Dude sounds like one of those lame type dudes that go up to you while you're at the mall trying to sell you a cd on some "if you like hip-hop then you gotta support this" steez.
@#+# outa here.  

ronald_mcdonald_gifs_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever-s320x240-160049.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

LOL so now if you don't wanna see the movie you're either racist or don't support your own people
laugh.gif

Give me a freaking break

I'm just gonna assume that this is a troll. It has to be

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

yo its amazing that you dont rock with this thread but yet you keep lurking...whats ups? you really that thristy for somebody to side with you?

you dont like the thread aite i understand that...but like you really heated right now. damn. dont you got something better to do then post gif's for lulz..

yo its amazing that you dont rock with this thread but yet you keep lurking...whats ups? you really that thristy for somebody to side with you?

you dont like the thread aite i understand that...but like you really heated right now. damn. dont you got something better to do then post gif's for lulz..

I just feel the need to understand your logic man, that if one is black, it's imperative that they support this movie. Furthermore they SHOULD also feel compelled to like it....
However everyone else, kick rocks.....

'splain that one Lucy.....

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

I think he was just joking with the title
laugh.gif

and then with the repeated "my people" schtick, within the thread? 
yeah, I totally took it out of context.

indifferent.gif

my problem is that Lucus came out and pulled Hollywood card, right in our face. Said why Hollywood wouldnt get behind the movie. its bigger then if the movie is weak or not.

the message Hollywood sent was insulting, basically saying it wont sale bc theres too many blacks in it.

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Guess I was wrong 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
Fight me
mad.gif

my problem is that Lucus came out and pulled Hollywood card, right in our face. Said why Hollywood wouldnt get behind the movie. its bigger then if the movie is weak or not.

the message Hollywood sent was insulting, basically saying it wont sale bc theres too many blacks in it.

But...it's kind of true 
ohwell.gif
. A great majority of movie goers are white and well, a lot of white people are still pretty (at least on a subconscious level) racist....
Same reason why most Tyler Perry movies attract the black demographic (and none of them are blockbusters but they still do relatively well, well enough to make Tyler Perry quite wealthy). A movie like Red Tails that has a lofty 60 million dollar overhead with a predominantly black cast that portrays whites as the antagonists is just not going to do well from a business perspective.

And you can knock Hollywood all you want, but if they're apprehensive about a movies success business wise then the whole racial perspective is a moot point.

SECONDLY, you're just doing your own people a disservice by alienating other races with this whole "my people" schtick. You want to raise awareness, you want this movie to do well, and just limiting it to one demographic, well, all you're doing is limiting this movie's money-making potential. 

Just a real ignorant way to go about making your feelings aware. 

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Guess I was wrong 
ohwell.gif

Spoiler [+]
Fight me
mad.gif

Slap_Fight_by_Mira_Kajihiko.gif

ohwell.gif
 I don't want any trouble, I'm on that J.Crew steez. 

Just got back. Felt like i was just going to see it just because. It exceeded my expectations. I expected for it to be corny and cliche but it really wasn't at all. Had great action scenes too.

Does anyone else agree with these thoughts below?
[h6]
https://www.facebook.com/umarthepsychologist
https://www.facebook.com/umarthepsychologist[h6]https://www.facebook.com/umarthepsychologist
https://www.facebook.com/umarthepsychologistUmar Abdullah-Johnson
[/h6][h6]DR.UMAR IS LEAVING THE MOVIE THEATRE AND WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH RED RAILS. THE L.FISHBURNE HBO VERSION WAS MUCH BETTER. THE BEST PILOT WAS IN LOVE WITH A WHITE WOMAN WHO HE REMEMBERED JUST BEFORE HE DIED. THE OTHERS, INCLUDING NE-YO, WERE A BUNCH OF LAUGHING SAMBOS. FINAL RATING: C+[/h6][h6]
[/h6][h6][h6]
Umar Abdullah-Johnson
[/h6][h6]I'M NOT SURPRISED AS STEVEN SPEILBERG PULLED THAT SAME %%! WHEN HE MADE A CLASSIC OUT OF SCHINDLER'S LIST BUT A PIECE OF HOT TRASH OUT OF AMISTAD (IF U KNOW THE REAL STORY OF CINQUE'S REBELLION). BUT IF SPOOKED LEE, TYLER FAIRY & JOHN SIMPLETON SPENT THEIR TIME ON REAL MOVIES, INSTEAD OF CATERING TO BLAXPLOITATION FLICKS, WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SETTLE FOR HALF-BAKED DOCU-DRAMAS BY WHITE FILM PRODUCERS.[/h6][/h6]
[/h6]

[h6][h6][/h6][h6]
[/h6]
[/h6]

i enjoyed it.

only bad thing i can say is that you could tell they were trying to fit a lot of the story into the film. it kinda felt rushed...

typical NT response

my people from the Black community please go see this movie...forget what another person wrote about the movie.

Have your own mind don't be a robot, and go see it. Make the decision on your own and see how good the movie is.

must admit...i hated Neyo

yup going to see this movie this week. i dont give a !@*% about the reviews or ratings.
if this was an all white cast i bet this movie would get better reviews. and i dont want to see no bull %$!$ stoneface because you know its true.

smh at a movie like pearl harbor  making 300 million...but i bet them same people aint going to see this because of the black cast..

same dudes saying this looks corny or wack is the same dudes going to see transformers...

you fools need to prove these studios wrong...

you sure talk about tyler perry but thats all your gonna get along with the stereotypical hood movies AND Big mommas house part 6 if you dont support this

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I'm prolly gonna pay to watch this, even tho it doesn't look appealing to me---something about this movie looks hella cliche
nerd.gif
and it has nothing to do with race
what lucas is trying to do is make this movie look appealing to all groups, ages, and races. thats why its watered down. but you still get the idea of what these men were all about. 

Like I said in the other thread, any and every black person needs to go see this movie. Some black people get it and some black people dont.

First off this whole black ppl need to prove something aka get massa to accept me and like us bs is old worn out and tired. You could remake and tell every story about every single triump and tragedy in black history and at the end of the day... the same ppl you trying to impress and get acceptance from still aint going to be impressed nor accept you.

Second to support a movie just because it has ppl of your race in it despite whether it is good or quality is just outright stupid. I mean real talk especially with black folks. I mean we have folks out here who wont buy a person rap album because they arent street cred, or arent real hip hop, etc... or just outright garbage in their opinions. But if a movie express these same traits you should go see it..

Its basically like saying oh I wont by a waka flocka cd etc.. souijah boy, bow wow etc. Because its garbage no good. But ill support a movie with actors I dont like and think are garbage and a movie that I think is garbage just because their black. Well arent these so called garbage rap artist etc black also? So how is it different?

Also not to mention that if you support a grabge movie just cause its black, you in a sense are hurting your cause, because hollywood will think ok this sell so we should produce/create more garbage black movies. Then you back at square one.

This same thing happen with tyler perry. Black folks were complaining about blaxplotation and boyz n da hood/menace to society.. type movies and wanted more down home family oriented and relationship type movies. Then black folks were like regardless of whether or not this movie by this guy tyler perry is garbage or not go out and support it, or else we will keep getting menace to society, juice, south central type movies.

Well of course like sheep black folks in packs went and support tyler perry just cause. Now these same ppl are complaining that oh we have to many of these garbage tyler perry movies. When all this could have been avoided by not going to support the garbage just because it was a certain type of black film in the first place.

If this movie isnt all that and it smashes the box office, watch hollywood flood the market with half-baked garbage watered down movies of this nature. Then them same folks who said support red tails and other movies to follow suite, will be dissing and saying stop supporting the garbage, and direct black folks to support whatever is out thats different from these type of movies just because its different and because its black.

End of the day go see the movie and enjoy/dislike the movie based on the body of work, not because of the race of ppl in the movie, nor because your tired of other type of black movies, or just to show hollywood entertainment that black folks count. they already know this cause they counting your money all the way to the bank. And at the end of the day the same folks you trying to impress get acceptance from feelings aint gonna change. Only acceptance you gonna get is them accepting your money.

It's always that one black dude, I swear that will knock anything that promotes blacks in a positive light.
30t6p3b.gif

I just feel the need to understand your logic man, that if one is black, it's imperative that they support this movie. Furthermore they SHOULD also feel compelled to like it....
However everyone else, kick rocks.....

'splain that one Lucy.....

i think dude is saying since hollywood wouldn't back this movie saying an all black action movie will fail, that we should go out and prove them wrong by spending our dollars. trying to turn things around in hollywood. if money talks, let's spend our money and show em what up? is that right OP?

but the movie was good. i liked Neyo's character. dude was funny. true DSGB from back in the day. dip in his mouth and all. lol.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

sad to hear about how Hollywood tried to carry George Lucas and not stand behind this film.

Info?

[h1]George Lucas says Hollywood won't support black films‎[/h1]
_57841684_001184727-1.jpg
George Lucas has invested $93m (£60m) of his own money into the movie

Director George Lucas says it took 20 years to get his latest film made, "because it's an all-black movie".

Speaking on The Daily Show, Lucas said he had to self-fund Red Tails, the true story of a group of African-American pilots who fought in World War II.

He claimed major film studios would not back the movie because "there's no major white roles in it at all".

"I showed it to all of them and they said, 'No. We don't know how to market a movie like this,'" he said.
lulz says the guy who only had like 2 black people in the entire Stars Wars universe 
laugh.gif

seems like dude is tryna rectify it with this movie and his girlfriend 
laugh.gif

It's always that one black dude, I swear that will knock anything that promotes blacks in a positive light.
30t6p3b.gif

Um if you havent seen the movie.. 1 how can you say what light it shows the movie in before you have seen it? 2 why see something that you dont find interesting? So your in essense saying you should go enjoy something despite being uninterested in it simply because its a so called good look.

Whats next ppl should go out and see anything regardless of quality and content just cause its positive and you think it might be positive? I would rather see a good quality movie with good quality black actors in a serial killer movie, hell even a goofy comedy movie like a hangover, then a bunch of horrible black actors, in a bad quality movie, about something like lets say the rosa parks story.

Ok seeing you have that mentality why dont you stop buying nikes, and pick up some starbury shoes, or some antwan jamison kicks. Its the same theory. They are as of now bad quality bball players, making bad quality kicks, but hey they doing something positive by giving most/almost all proceeds to black communities. But nope instead you are going to still by them j's them air max etc... why? Because they promoting a good quality athlete, a (questionable on this) good quality product, despite they arent really doing anything significantly positive.....(see sweatshops, and horrific pay and work conditions.)

i swear folks and their hypocries these days.

Back
Top Bottom