The Murder Of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr - Dr. D ick Gregory and Steve Cokely Vol. Wooow

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

swear I thought EVERYBODY knew that 'bout jesse--like for real.....

I think I found out....I know I was in high school.

but for real, how can ya'll NOT follow those pics??? He usually makes it more confusing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I cant front I never heard it before. This is even my first time hearing that King's mother was shot and killed
smh.gif
They was trying to get Coretta. Neverknew that

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Man. Sigh. Lets talk about Malcolm though. Forget Dr Martin Luther THE King as some refer to him.

"...see success is like suicide, if you succeed prepared to be crucified....mmmmm....."
Best verse of the decade quite possibly. Too bad he will never actually rap on an album. Someone must have called him after that freestyle and told him never again.
Who is this again? Isn't that a jay verse?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Yup thats Jay. The real Jay. The Jay we may never know. Hopefully he got some lost tapes some where. Hes recording those kinda bars for us to examine later.But who knows.

Originally Posted by GTEK

You know whats funny though?

When MLK was rambling and going on about saving our race,
he could easily be pushed aside to the the public (Caucasian) view as a weirdo,
someone out of his rabbit mind.

But it wasn't until he started talking about unity between all races
that he became a problem and got sniped out.

Same instance with Malcolm.

Inside jobs get the job done everytime.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Malcolm was talmbout having the US go before an international court--INTERNATIONAL. You know that man had to go
eek.gif
(in their eyes)

i only saw first vid up to where dude said he got out the way for a clear shot..

my internet conn. too slow, taking forever to load.

what other two vids say!!?!!?

Originally Posted by Marv Machamp

"And it hurts to see these companies be stealing the life
And I love to give my blood sweat and tears to the mic
So y'all copped the LPs and y'all fiends got dealt
I'm Jesse Jackson on the balcony where King got killed"

Was the first thing I thought of
laugh.gif

I thought about that too, and got a deeper understanding of the line.............

anyways...

On page 438 of the paperback copy of the Malcolm X autobiography in the Epilogue, Malcolm "says" this to Alex Haley in "digression".

"But, you know, I'm going to tell you something, brother- the more i keep thinking about this thing, the things that have beenhappening lately, I'm not all that sure it's the Muslims. I know what they can do, and what they can't and they cant do some of the stuff recentlygoing on. Now, I'm going to tell you the more I keep thinking about what happened to me in France, I think I'm going to quit saying it's theMuslims."

That's one reason I think alot of politicians and leaders are afraid to step up because if we make change, somebody has to die look at Malcolm after hisreturn from Mecca, Kennedy, Tupac if he would have stayed alive any longer. The government see people with a stong message/ voice as a threat because they aretrying to break the mold and make a stand/change that's why so many people keep quiet because they don't want to be made an example of.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Marv Machamp wrote:

laugh.gif

I thought about that too, and got a deeper understanding of the line.............

anyways...

On page 438 of the paperback copy of the Malcolm X autobiography in the Epilogue, Malcolm "says" this to Alex Haley in "digression".

"But, you know, I'm going to tell you something, brother- the more i keep thinking about this thing, the things that have been happening lately, I'm not all that sure it's the Muslims. I know what they can do, and what they can't and they cant do some of the stuff recently going on. Now, I'm going to tell you the more I keep thinking about what happened to me in France, I think I'm going to quit saying it's the Muslims."

What verse is that?

What exactly do you think Malcolm was referring to? The Bureaus?

what happened to Malcom in France?

I've been meaning to pick up The Autobiography for a while now.

anybody have any info on the chapters Hailey omitted?

Originally Posted by cartune

eek.gif
Haze did u know that about the Green Mile?
smh.gif
Dammit I need a contact for my third eye
I figured it out watching it with my mom and my brother the second time. I got excited and tried to explain it to them....they were looking at melike I was crazy.

Theres so much that goes on behind the scenes and plot lines of these major movies...its ridiculous.

These people know our stories and capabilities but we don't.

"Its the return of the GODS..."

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Marv Machamp wrote:

laugh.gif

anyways...

"But, you know, I'm going to tell you something, brother- the more i keep thinking about this thing, the things that have been happening lately, I'm not all that sure it's the Muslims. I know what they can do, and what they can't and they cant do some of the stuff recently going on. Now, I'm going to tell you the more I keep thinking about what happened to me in France, I think I'm going to quit saying it's the Muslims."

What verse is that?

What exactly do you think Malcolm was referring to? The Bureaus?

Its Nas on Last Call off Late Registration.

The answer is in the NOI doctorine, and whom the leader is today....

actually Malcolm puts it in black and white for you with in the book
Louis X? preacher of NOI, Boston temple, 32 degree?

"Man is GOD"

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by 18key

What are you guys talking about with the Green Mile?
nerd.gif
I love that movie...
Check the end of the 3rd video
Oh @!%+
eek.gif
That makes too much sense, I'm never gonna seethat movie in the same light. But was he talking about the movie in a critical standpoint or praising it? Regardless, when the dots connected I had my mindblown.

nerd.gif
I love that movie...
Oh @!%+
eek.gif
That makes too much sense, I'm never gonna see that movie in the same light. But was he talking about the movie in a critical standpoint or praising it? Regardless, when the dots connected I had my mind blown.

He was praising it...

I just wanna commend Late Night NT for keepin this thread goin w/o any bickering and nonsense. This is the NT we've come to know and love.

As far as ppl not understanding the pictures, u have to know the story about Jesus and Judas. I'm sure yall understand now tho

Can't wait to get home to watch the videos

From my perception of things, if u try to make change, u get offed, simple as that. Whenever u don't comply w/ social norms of a group, u become the enemy

nerd.gif
I love that movie...
Oh @!%+
eek.gif
That makes too much sense, I'm never gonna see that movie in the same light. But was he talking about the movie in a critical standpoint or praising it? Regardless, when the dots connected I had my mind blown.

He was praising it...

Just making sure. It sounded like it with his tangent about King and getting hit by the car. But still, that movie is even more amazing to me now.

nerd.gif
I love that movie...
Oh @!%+
eek.gif

He was praising it...

Just making sure. It sounded like it with his tangent about King and getting hit by the car. But still, that movie is even more amazing to me now.

Now I get it....

So wait, this guy thinks the man in that clip must have had something to do with Dr. King's death because of the way he phrased the incident?

I can't believe people were oohing and ahing at that clip.

I mean, he has more "evidence" or whatever, right?

laugh.gif
at him bringing up what would have happened in a jury room. That'sincredibly unfair and stupid logic.

And that clip is very dear to him, too. He actually said it was valuable and that copies needed to be produced.
laugh.gif

Whatever, I haven't watched everything yet. I'll probably watch the rest later.

Back
Top Bottom