The NBA Draft Thread

You comparing Brice as a senior to Wright as a freshman? I would hope that Brice seems better. 

DX had Ben at #3 BEFORE the season. They couldn't wait to write this one :lol:

That was a hating *** article. Comparing him to rondo and Royce white :rofl:

Last edited:
DX had Ben at #3 BEFORE the season. They couldn't wait to write this one :lol:

That was a hating *** article. Comparing him to rondo and Royce white :rofl:
The Royce White line had me dying :rofl:

Dude could not wait to write all of the worst case scenarios on Ben...He must think Ingram is going to become KD.

:lol: at a "More athletic Evan Turner". Poorly written article. This part had me laughing too:

"The debate is on, and the overhyping of Simmons has made its reckoning."

ben is very versatile. kinda like an athletic chuck hayes. does everything really well except shooting
i've said this before, if sixers land that 1pick, they should get buddy hield. the kid is gonna flourish with dantoni.

Last edited:
ben is very versatile. kinda like an athletic chuck hayes. does everything really well except shooting
Well there's one I haven't heard yet :lol:

IMO, Simmons does everything better than Ingram but shoot. A respectable jumpshot can be learned/taught. The instincts that he already has cannot.

I know he speaks against it and the reasons have some validity to them, but that's like total click bait. :lol:

Do you think the competitiveness questions are legit?

Nah. I don't think so. Ben is fine from a competitive standpoint. He's had some big games against big teams in key momments this year. See Uk at home. And also some let downs. It's par the course.

What I DO agree with though that hasn't been mentioned is Ben's stat padding. And not even in the terms of rebound or assist hunting....but FG%.

I truly believe he passes up some of those open J's because of a combination of not wanting to hurt his efficiency and lack of confidence. When he doesn't shoot some of these short jumpers...it hurts the team.

They are completely legit. They were legit before the season, you watched him in HS, he was a little soft and really casual on defense, and would give up on plays and it got exposed at LSU.

I know he speaks against it and the reasons have some validity to them, but that's like total click bait. :lol:

DX hasn't been as high as other on Ben SImmons so the idea that this is click bait is silly, he's been very consistent. It's not surprising that he would think that a team that has zero shooting should take Ingram.

Last edited:
I don't understand the desire by some to anoint Ben SImmons after that train wreck of a season.

PERSONALLY I would take Ben #1.

But he has shown

- an inability to make his team better
- he can't create in the half court against good teams
- a lack of compete in crucial moments
- piss poor defensive effort at times.

it's close between him and ingram, but the concerns are real.

Sure. I also don't think it's anything new. People have been questioning that all year...

What I want to know is what Brandon Ingram did to overtake him? Was it his 5-16 shooting against Notre Dame?

I don't understand the desire by some to anoint Ben SImmons after that train wreck of a season.

PERSONALLY I would take Ben #1.

But he has shown

- an inability to make his team better
- he can't create in the half court against good teams
- a lack of compete in crucial moments
- piss poor defensive effort at times.

it's close between him and ingram, but the concerns are real.

Train wreck of a season as a team....the criticisms seem to be overdone. Ben was who I thought he was. And that's good enough for a #1 pick and potential star player.

Jay Bilas said something real about the "Ben Bashing". “

-"I think some of what this is doing, if you want to call it the Ben Simmons bashing a little bit, some of what this is doing is really signaling to the next Ben Simmons-type talent, you know, go to Kentucky. Because then you don’t have to listen to people questioning your character and whether you’re a winner. They’re just going to talk about your talent and how good you are because winning isn’t going to be the issue.”

Top recruits aren't going to try and blaze a path outside the major schools. The potential to get "exposed" is far greater...and less security. There's a point in some of this. Ben goofd going to play for the worst coach in college basketball.

Train wreck of a season as a team....the criticisms seem to be overdone. Ben was who I thought he was. And that's good enough for a #1 pick and potential star player.

Jay Bilas said something real about the "Ben Bashing". “

-"I think some of what this is doing, if you want to call it the Ben Simmons bashing a little bit, some of what this is doing is really signaling to the next Ben Simmons-type talent, you know, go to Kentucky. Because then you don’t have to listen to people questioning your character and whether you’re a winner. They’re just going to talk about your talent and how good you are because winning isn’t going to be the issue.”

Top recruits aren't going to try and blaze a path outside the major schools. The potential to get "exposed" is far greater...and less security. There's a point in some of this. Ben goofd going to play for the worst coach in college basketball.

I think Jay is being sensitive. I don't give a rats *** about college basketball. I think its a farce and it should be illegal so I don't care where Ben goes to school.

his play merited questions about his character.

I think Jay and the media built this kid up to be the best prospect since Lebron, which was always insane, and always not true, you got Bill Simmons saying on every podcast that he's the best prospect in the last 15 years. blah blah blah.

and now everyone gets to see him, and he's obviously not that so they OD in their criticism. Similar thing happened to Wiggins.

Last edited:
I think Jay is being sensitive. I don't give a rats *** about college basketball. I think its a farce and it should be illegal so I don't care where Ben goes to school.

his play merited questions about his character.

I think Jay and the media built this kid up to be the best prospect since Lebron, which was always insane, and always not true, you got Bill Simmons saying on every podcast that he's the best prospect in the last 15 years. blah blah blah.

and now everyone gets to see him, and he's obviously not that so they OD in their criticism. Similar thing happened to Wiggins.

its close. but ill go Wiggins just because there is a better chance he learns to shoot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom