The NBA Draft Thread

Of course. He's one of the best coaches in the league.
Off the strength of a paper tiger 1 seed where they were non competitive in the ECF, he is one of the best coaches in the league.

Up there with Popovich, Carlisle, Spoelstra, Kerr?

Atlanta had the #1 seed the year before.  Is Mike Budenholzer one of the best coaches in the league?

Yes, Stevens is a good coach.  But this is exactly what I'm taking about.  You don't get called "the best' for above average results.  Sooooo many coaches have achieved what Stevens has in the last decade.

Off the strength of a paper tiger 1 seed where they were non competitive in the ECF, he is one of the best coaches in the league.

Atlanta had the #1 seed the year before.  Is Mike Budenholzer one of the best coaches in the league?

Yes, Stevens is a good coach.  But this is exactly what I'm taking about.  You don't get called "the best' for above average results.  Sooooo many coaches have achieved what Stevens has in the last decade.
Yes, he is right up there. Draws up better ATO plays than pretty much everybody in the league (even Pop says he studies his plays), and got a team that was probably the 4th-5th most talented team in the East to a 1 seed. You are just in full hate mode if you think otherwise.

Of course. He's one of the best coaches in the league.

Stevens draws up plays Budenholzer dreams of

Look at all the out of bounds **** he's created

Last edited:
Yes, he is right up there. Draws up better ATO plays than pretty much everybody in the league (even Pop says he studies his plays), and got a team that was probably the 4th-5th most talented team in the East to a 1 seed. You are just in full hate mode if you think otherwise.
I'm in full hater mode when I say a guy who's best achievement is losing 1-4 in the ECF is not on par with 4 coaches who've won championships and repeated his achievements 10x over.  OK.

Last edited:

I'm in full hater mode when I say a guy who's best achievement is losing 1-4 in the ECF is not on par with 4 coaches who've won championships and repeated his achievements 10x over. OK.
Yeah you in hate mode if you think Brad Stevens isn't among the best coaches in the league. For sho. Of course he isn't going to have the achievements of Popovich who's been in the L for 20 years.

We're not talking all-time here. We're talking best coaches in the game today.

I'm sure Bill Simmons' dad had the foresight at the time to draft Draymond or Khris Middleton in the 1st unlike all 30 GMs in the league.

I'm in full hater mode when I say a guy who's best achievement is losing 1-4 in the ECF is not on par with 4 coaches who've won championships and repeated his achievements 10x over.  OK.

What aspect of his coaching is overrated?

You don't think Stevens could win championships with the teams that Spoelstra and Kerr had??

Come on man :lol:

Stevens has at least 4 imaginary rings from coaching Miami and golden state these past few years. You can't say he's overrated

Everyone knows my thoughts on the Celtics but I can't fault Ainge for missing guys like Jokic, Draymond, or Gobert.

If Ainge drafted one of them with a 1st round pick he might've been fired on the spot.

Ainge hasn't missed on any obvious picks at the time he was drafting ....he just made a really questionable call now trading the 1st pick when they finally got it

Fultz, TLC, Simmons, Saric, Embiid. That core is phenomenal. I don't think the average fan realizes how good Saric is. Luwawu is another solid piece nobody talks about.

I've never ordered league pass but I'm considering it to watch the process.

Last edited:
Only thing is how will guys like saric, tlc and even embiid who had monster usage adjust once they get less touches and have to play team ball?

Back
Top Bottom