Originally Posted by Flightposite

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

i know i asked this question before

but i always got a smart answer

but can i wear my deadstock pair of space jam's from 2001

or there gonna crack in half ?

thanks for a real answer
There may be some separation.
thats what i am worried about a friend had a pair and rocked them a few times and now the shoe is worthless
im not sure how they r worthless... there is no material on the shoes that crumbles... there is just separation from the glue getting old. peopleusually just reglue the problem areas. ive seen whole soles come off, but they just get glued back on or people use it as an opportunity to seaglow the soles.

footlocker manifest says "christmas present" to be released on 12/23 for $175. think about, why release a shoe like the space jams on the busiestshopping day of the year (12/24)

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

^ nah i dont wanna go through all that

i just dont want them to fall apart

I bought a DS pair in October '07 and, as I said, 160 I wore them 3-4 times they're solid as a rocc no break-up whatsoever.... will wear to the mall onRD to grab these 09

smokin.gif

The only thing that caused separation on one of my older pairs is using seaglow. Other than that, they were just fine.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

I'm out in Huntington. Only one spot out here (besides the chain stores) and the guy loves to overcharge for J's. Bellport. man I doubt there's spots out there.
Yea, there's a couple of spots around me but I'll be at one of the malls more then likely. As far as stores on the Island they allovercharge for the most part, but here's a list of the top of my head:

Sports Plaza
Sneaker Bistro
Dunk Sports
Renarts
Extra Butter
Sidanas
Sneakers & Stuff

Originally Posted by The Genesis

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

Yea I bet...What shoe store in Pedro you talking about??
I've been talking to a couple of workers at Ftl and a lot of em are telling me that the shoe is a GR and they should get about 8 of each size.
Yes they will bee a GR but what stores have you been going to that will receive 100+ pairs? unless you're in a huge market (Time square stores) i just can't see that happening.
How many are y'all getting
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by crooklyncon

footlocker manifest says "christmas present" to be released on 12/23 for $175. think about, why release a shoe like the space jams on the busiest shopping day of the year (12/24)

are you kidding?? why would JB release one of the most popular shoes on the busiest shopping days of the year?? smh young man. use your brain.

i cant believe some of you guys. asking other people what they think the best way to get the shoe. dont you like the "hunt"?? in my 26yrs ihave only been shut of a shoe 2 times and thats because i was out my area/country. dont you guys like calling stores and trying to figure out for your selfwhat the best way to get the shoe?? calling tons of stores seeing if they can hold a pair for you? i dont undersand why you guys preorder and spend 2x theamount. you should all save that 300 that you pay for the preorder the spacejams and get 2 pair on release day. i dont know about you guys but paying 300 fora pair of shoes that are releasing is unreal, you all cant wait months/days til they actually drop?

JAEGER13 wrote:
I live in the Dallas area and was wondering how early i should get to one of the local malls....
thanks!

where in Dallas do you live? i stay in oak cliff and theres about 5 different spots to get these at that are less than 1 mile apart from each other. if you goto redbird and towneast you need to camp out but your best bet is to go to the parks mall about 2 hrs before they open and you should be ok. the parks mallgets more invertory than all the malls around Dallas.

the owner of one of my local spots is in disbelief
that I don't want to buy these (not a patent leather fan)

the economy is bad, a few years ago - he would have cared less

he wasn't even quick to reply when i said they would surely sell out
regardless...

they don't have em in house yet i don't think
but he said something like 18 x 3 or 4 i think

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

I'm out in Huntington. Only one spot out here (besides the chain stores) and the guy loves to overcharge for J's. Bellport. man I doubt there's spots out there.
Yea, there's a couple of spots around me but I'll be at one of the malls more then likely. As far as stores on the Island they all overcharge for the most part, but here's a list of the top of my head:

Sports Plaza
Sneaker Bistro
Dunk Sports
Renarts
Extra Butter
Sidanas
Sneakers & Stuff
Ahh Dunk sports, i worked there 11th to 12thgrade.
Love that store and they get plenty of limited drops but they absolutely do overcharge,
They Hittin people for $300+ for the SpaceJams since last month and people been copping at that price too
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

I've been talking to a couple of workers at Ftl and a lot of em are telling me that the shoe is a GR and they should get about 8 of each size.
Yes they will bee a GR but what stores have you been going to that will receive 100+ pairs? unless you're in a huge market (Time square stores) i just can't see that happening.
How many are y'all getting
nerd.gif
Idk how many pairs the spot you normally see me at is getting (im not there anymore) Butas soon as they get their Shipment ill let you know.
PM me and ill tell you where i'm currently at
nerd.gif

i'm ready for these to come out. never owned a pair of space jams so i'm hyped!

I'll be at Serramonte mall here in Daly City CA waiting in line by the footlocker door.
2 pairs for me and 1 for my son
happy.gif

manny1- i live in north dallas off coit and 635... i was considering the galleria or valley view...where exactly is the parks mall?

Originally Posted by JAEGER13

manny1- i live in north dallas off coit and 635... i was considering the galleria or valley view...where exactly is the parks mall?

its off I-20 and cooper in arlington. its about a 25 min drive from where you stay. but you can get them from dk casual in garland. have you tried callingthem?
[h1]
[/h1]

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

footlocker manifest says "christmas present" to be released on 12/23 for $175. think about, why release a shoe like the space jams on the busiest shopping day of the year (12/24)

are you kidding?? why would JB release one of the most popular shoes on the busiest shopping days of the year?? smh young man. use your brain.

i cant believe some of you guys. asking other people what they think the best way to get the shoe. dont you like the "hunt"?? in my 26yrs i have only been shut of a shoe 2 times and thats because i was out my area/country. dont you guys like calling stores and trying to figure out for your self what the best way to get the shoe?? calling tons of stores seeing if they can hold a pair for you? i dont undersand why you guys preorder and spend 2x the amount. you should all save that 300 that you pay for the preorder the spacejams and get 2 pair on release day. i dont know about you guys but paying 300 for a pair of shoes that are releasing is unreal, you all cant wait months/days til they actually drop?
A lot of the time all the hunting still doesn't get you a pair of shoes. (depending where you live at) No, stores won't hold shoes for you(not suppose to) No, you are not always going to get accurate information on stock numbers and sizes and when all the "hunting" fails you still haveto pay 300.00 from resellers after the shoe is sold out...so easy up a little brother, I believe this is what forums like this is for..questions, answers, helpand ideas. I'm 26 and been wearing Jordans since the 2nd grade..It still difficult to get Jordans sometimes even with all my tricks, sometimes pre-order isthe only way, if you REALLY want the shoe.

I plan on gettin em too... Guess I'll have to post up at my usual spots in Houston... Hope everyone is lucky!

Yo! Anybody here from Brooklyn know an area where there won't be a full-house?

Because every mom n pop/retail store that I go to is always packed.

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM F23

Originally Posted by GreatAbyss43

i cant believe some of you guys. asking other people what they think the best way to get the shoe. dont you like the "hunt"?? in my 26yrs i have only been shut of a shoe 2 times and thats because i was out my area/country. dont you guys like calling stores and trying to figure out for your self what the best way to get the shoe?? calling tons of stores seeing if they can hold a pair for you? i dont undersand why you guys preorder and spend 2x the amount. you should all save that 300 that you pay for the preorder the spacejams and get 2 pair on release day. i dont know about you guys but paying 300 for a pair of shoes that are releasing is unreal, you all cant wait months/days til they actually drop?

A lot of the time all the hunting still doesn't get you a pair of shoes. (depending where you live at) No, stores won't hold shoes for you (not suppose to) No, you are not always going to get accurate information on stock numbers and sizes and when all the "hunting" fails you still have to pay 300.00 from resellers after the shoe is sold out...so easy up a little brother, I believe this is what forums like this is for..questions, answers, help and ideas. I'm 26 and been wearing Jordans since the 2nd grade..It still difficult to get Jordans sometimes even with all my tricks, sometimes pre-order is the only way, if you REALLY want the shoe.

thats the best way you could have ended your statement. "if you REALLY want the shoe" the "hunting" never stops until you have it locked up but maybe thats just me. you say that stores wont hold shoes for you because they are not suppose to but they really arent suppose to sell shoes for above retail either but you see that happen all the time, it all depends on the hype. im not sure where about you live but after i posted the original msg, i called my local sneaker king which is located in Scranton, PA about 2 hrs north of philly and 2 hrs south of NYC. this is a heads up to all of you who live in these places and dont mind the drive. all i did was call them and ask if they were getting the air jordan 11 coming out around christmas time and and they said yes we are selling them on the 23rd. i asked is there any chance that you can hold me a pair or 2 and she said let me check the size and if we are getting the sizes you need (10.5 and 11) so she said they are getting a full size run, asked me my name and phone number and she said just come in anytime on the 23rd and we will have them in the back for you.

all that i was saying in the original post was i dont understand why people pay $300 for shoes that didnt even hit the stores yet. save that 300 then save another 50 on top of that and right there is your second pair, its as easy as that. you make a great point by saying it depends on where you live and i really think that is a true statement because up here in northeastern pa there are not a lot of people who enjoy rocking nice kicks and maybe thats part of the reason why i dont understand why people go for the presale.

btw if any of you guys do live in Philly or NYC and are having trouble finding these give the Sneaker King in the Steamtown Mall in Scranton a call and see if they have your size left, they will hold them for you. 570-207-0200.

hopefully this will be an easy cop, but even if its a gr the hype will be like last years 11/12 CDP
grin.gif

This is why I don't like releases close to Christmas. You either have to know someone or get real lucky cuz this release will be crazy.

i gotta get a pair, as a matter of fact, im aiming for 2.....i need a pair for hoopin and stuntin'...

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

Originally Posted by less than heavenly

So my peeps in So Cal. Torrance area

What stores yall thnking about copping from?

if u head to Del Amo, better get there early. try that shoe store in San Pedro.

HOHLA said they were getting close to 150 pairs.

At FTL in Del Amo mall is where dude told me they were getting 8 of each size.

It's official, I'M COPPIN' ....took a lot of thinking. These shoes are really nice, can't wait to get it.....................hopefully lol.

Hi NT!!!

Would they be available @ footlocker.com/eastbay.com?? In the night of Dec 22-23 or 23-24??

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom