The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not really that simple.

And even if you were to believe it was that simple, have you not seen the countless pages of folks attempting to purchase during each restock with no success?

Perhaps being dense is fun. I dunno.

Now tell us about how these machines are P.O.S.'s and are two seconds away from bricking. that schtick has way more juice than this "iT sAt FoR hOuRs" bull****.

Lil mama who you talkin to? Like forreal, who you talkin to? Dense? I'll post my receipts of my preorder showing the times to back up my statement that these were available HOURS after initial pre-orders went live. My post made no mention of restocks as I was STRICTLY speaking about the INITIAL drop. Reading is fundamental, or is that too dense for you? "I dUnNo".

Stop crying lil mama. Did you get one? If so cool. Shut up and go play it baby girl.

Last edited:
All I know is I tried EVERY link to preorder the PS5 & only got lucky on the early Amazon link. Bestbuy, target & even Walmart couldn't checkout even if you could get the item in cart in the first place.

Granted I have close to 300mbps internet & secured a total of 3 units from Amazon, Walmart on drop day & PS days later. That being said, it was not easy to secure on the preorder day....for me atleast.

Probably a dumb question, but want to ask to make sure I don't miss anything. I sold my PS4 since I snagged a PS5. Before I ship it out, all I need to do is do a system restore right?

I have a bunch of games from the PS+ account so it'll be tied to that. And some Digital copies but I think those should be tied to my account too. Only thing I'd need to "back up" is saved game data, yes?

Honestly it's been so long since I played some of these games I'd be fine starting from scratch so I think all I gotta do is wipe it.

Yeah just make sure you remember your e-mail & password, and make sure you load all of your save data to cloud storage. It should already be loaded but I would do it manually to be safe. A few of my saves were not loaded to the cloud and as far as I can tell there is no rhyme or reason as to why they weren't.

All I know is I tried EVERY link to preorder the PS5 & only got lucky on the early Amazon link. Bestbuy, target & even Walmart couldn't checkout even if you could get the item in cart in the first place.

Granted I have close to 300mbps internet & secured a total of 3 units from Amazon, Walmart on drop day & PS days later. That being said, it was not easy to secure on the preorder day....for me atleast.

Bestbuy and Target you had to KEEP clicking the checkout button but it worked. Wal-Mart was CAKE.

Just a heads up:

Cyberpunk pre-load is live. 102 GBs but the internet is saying that is 60. Maybe the day once patch downloads in addition to the base game and then replaces a part of it after the full download? I have no idea.
is it playable after download or you mean at midnight?

I can't decide if I should cop digital preorder for $59.99 or the ps4 disc for $49.99 and hope for the free upgrade

Bro, in September the PS5 initial preorders could be had on Bestbuy AND Target upwards to 3 hours after launching. I know because it launched at 5pm I got one off Walmart at 6 one of best buy and when I got home at 7:45 got one off target and another from Walmart.

EDIT:

I noticed I said November, I meant September during initial pre-orders.
In September a lot of those preorders were staggered Best Buy and Target released a couple of batches . And the standard editions were sitting longer than digital. I know because I helped a bunch of friends cop the standards up to 30 mins after release on Amazon and Target and was planning to get digital with a gift card I had and that sold out within minutes.

The fact they sat for so long after gave me false hope for the real release. I was lucky that one of my buddies I helped cop a PS5 in September decided he didn't want it and ooped it back to me.

Back in September I definitely thought I would be able to walk in the store and get one on release day. Didn’t think it would have turned into online only and the hype would be this real during a pandemic.

Cyberpunk disc is $49.99 on Amazon but the Red Dead disc install to PS5 gave me hell. And then needing the disc to play too.

Idk if the $10 difference between disc and digital is worth the savings :lol:

Bro, in September the PS5 initial preorders could be had on Bestbuy AND Target upwards to 3 hours after launching. I know because it launched at 5pm I got one off Walmart at 6 one of best buy and when I got home at 7:45 got one off target and another from Walmart.

EDIT:

I noticed I said November, I meant September during initial pre-orders.
This is so much fax. When preorders went live at Target, I kept debating with myself whether I wanted another one after getting one from Walmart. I kept checking the page every 5 mins and added to the cart and it was still available. 30 mins later I check again and was still able to add to cart. I decided to pass cuz I thought I didn’t need 2. Now I wish I did cuz I’m on the hunt for one to sell to my brother in law for the high, lol.

One thing I will say annoys me about Persona 8 is how impatient these people are. Deadline for the third palace is like two weeks from when it's open and they're bothering the **** out of me every day to go in.

I think I'll try CyberPunk later down the road. Not currently sold that it's first person.

Lil mama who you talkin to? Like forreal, who you talkin to? Dense? I'll post my receipts of my preorder showing the times to back up my statement that these were available HOURS after initial pre-orders went live. My post made no mention of restocks as I was STRICTLY speaking about the INITIAL drop. Reading is fundamental, or is that too dense for you? "I dUnNo".

Stop crying lil mama. Did you get one? If so cool. Shut up and go play it baby girl.
Dense as ****. Point could run you over in a truck and you'd still be talking about your own personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom