The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
October 2021
It was bound to happen but good to see it finally confirmed.
Also good to hear they're working on a new IP. They deserve it at this point.

In other news

They took their time but its finally coming.
Once the A80J and A90J gets it then those will my go to for OLED

talk about timing.. I Just bought a 65A90J and their new HT-A9

It was bound to happen but good to see it finally confirmed.
Also good to hear they're working on a new IP. They deserve it at this point.

In other news

They took their time but its finally coming.
Once the A80J and A90J gets it then those will my go to for OLED

I have the X900h.

I read that the VRR update would be coming out by the end of this year.

What exactly does that do?

talk about timing.. I Just bought a 65A90J and their new HT-A9

How is it?
Heard so many good things about it.

I have the X900h.

I read that the VRR update would be coming out by the end of this year.

What exactly does that do?

It's out in China now and some US users were able to find the update for US so should be rolling out soon I would think.

The update brings in VRR (Variable Refresh Rate.) and ALLM.
VRR basically syncs the framerate of the game with the refresh rate of the TV so it means games that aren't locked at a framerate won't have screen tearing and judder and will still be relatively smooth.

People wild spending $400+ on SSDs for the PS5.
I want a SSD so I can play PS4/5 games. But those prices flagrant. Might have to just go for 1 TB. Two to four TB is cost prohibitive.

So I guess there's no hope of copping a PS5 this holiday season, right?
Always. Target just dropped today. I was able to get one off of PS Direct last week. It's all timing. Obviously best case is just walk into a store and buy. But COVID has created so many supply-chain constraints.

I want a SSD so I can play PS4/5 games. But those prices flagrant. Might have to just go for 1 TB. Two to four TB is cost prohibitive.

Always. Target just dropped today. I was able to get one off of PS Direct last week. It's all timing. Obviously best case is just walk into a store and buy. But COVID has created so many supply-chain constraints.

You can still use a regular external harddrive to store/play your PS4 games. It's currently what I do This is what I have, WD Black 5TB P10 External HDD.

But is it possible to have a regular External HDD (for PS4 games) and NVMe SSD (for PS5 games) at the same time?

I'd assume. You can use both. One is expanding the internal storage, offering PS4/5 play. The external can be used for external storage and PS4 play. Maybe that's the sweet spot right now.

I hear what you're saying, but EVERYTIME I try to cop online, it instantly sells out.

Or if I make into the waiting room, by the time it's my turn--it's OOS. This has been one of the most frustrating purchases I've ever tried to make. Feels like it was easier to buy real estate, than a PS5 🤦‍♂️

How many game are people planning on playing at the same time that they require 3 TBs anyways? I'd just cop a cheaper compatible 1 TB for now atleast till prices come down.

Last edited:
How many game are people planning on playing at the same time that they require 3 gbs anyways? I'd just cop a cheaper compatible 1gb for now atleast till prices come down.
TB? No idea. Probably just pack rat mentality or future proofing.
I hear what you're saying, but EVERYTIME I try to cop online, it instantly sells out.

Or if I make into the waiting room, by the time it's my turn--it's OOS. This has been one of the most frustrating purchases I've ever tried to make. Feels like it was easier to buy real estate, than a PS5 🤦‍♂️
I understand. It's not easy. I just happened to be home last week and saw the tweet. And nah. Real Estate is worse right now based on scale/price. But you're right based on the resell percentage (50% vs 20%).

How many game are people planning on playing at the same time that they require 3 TBs anyways? I'd just cop a cheaper compatible 1 TB for now atleast till prices come down.
You can fill 3tb up real quick. I have 8tb of of PS4 games cause of all the psn sales. I like my games downloaded and ready to go when I’m ready to play it. Not gonna wait for the download or delete other games

As someone that used to do that, guaranteed you start a game you had downloaded and sitting for months you're still going to have to wait for that massive update to complete.

Back
Top Bottom