The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say give it a year or two and we’ll probably see the power gap that favors Xbox. If not, then I don’t what the hell all them teraflops mean :lol:

Cerny tried to tell people in the talk in March that Teraflops are not everything. It's just one of the pieces of the puzzle.
PS5 also has some advantages because of the much higher clock speed of the GPU.

The power gap even on paper between just the GPU is 17% so even if MS fix their tools, I will expect parity or slight advantage for either console.

It was just the way my dude was spreading FUD, talking about there would always be a gap and now has to eat crow.
MS was smart telling people it was the most powerful console. Definitely influenced some peoples purchase.

120 Hz doesn’texactly mean a TV can do 120 FPS. Hz is how often the TV can refresh the image and FPS is how often the TV can change frames. Visuals vssmoothness in a sense. Most TV’s do half the frame rate of it’s said HZ so a lot of TV’s doing 120FPS are 240HZ

Hz is the refresh rate of the TV and FPS is how fast your Graphics card in your console or PC can render the frames in the game.
So a TV at 120Hz can keep up with a game that's 120fps because the TV can refresh fast enough to receive each frame at 120fps.

I forgot about those TV's with fake specs.

Basically If your spec sheet says your TV's panel is 120hz then it can run 120fps game but some TV's use software tricks to try and simulate 120fps and will put that on the spec sheet even if it's not a 120fps panel.

1606322240037.png

Most of these motion rates are disabled in game mode because they add lag and won't make your game look good because of the soap opera effect.
They help with movies from what I hear but I haven't used them in a while to see if they've improved them.

I’m cool with my 60 FPS on my main TV may get a smaller tv for 120 later

I don’t think my PS5 experience has been less than great.

HDR 4K with 60 still making good specs. GoT looks amazing.

The ERA bubble is funny as hell. String sums up EA in this clip well

Any and all references to The Wire ( :emoji_hugging:) will get a like from me, but this is so on point.

EA charging $70 for a "next gen" Madden that's suppose to be out next week, and not a single lick of gameplay has been seen yet. :lol:

Speak of sports games, gonna finally pull the trigger on MLB The Show with it being $10.

yall know of any blk friday/cyber monday deals coming up for external SSDs?
Word, im annoyed that i cant even keep all the games i want on my system. I need an external

Anyway, Best Buy came through with theeary pickup today, was supposed to be Friday. Finally got my hands on a headset

For those on the fence about a TV I highly recommend to come into the PS5 with 4K and 120FPS. Even if you have to wait a while to get or play your PS5 because you have yet to get a next gen TV, you can’t dilute the experience for yourself. HDMI 2.1 will get cheaper as time goes on but it’ll get to a point where it’s mandatory. Get it out the way now. Playing DMC5: SE at 120 FPS is out-****ing-rageous

all games set and compatible for 120 hz? Or only afew games??

Cerny tried to tell people in the talk in March that Teraflops are not everything. It's just one of the pieces of the puzzle.
PS5 also has some advantages because of the much higher clock speed of the GPU.

The power gap even on paper between just the GPU is 17% so even if MS fix their tools, I will expect parity or slight advantage for either console.

It was just the way my dude was spreading FUD, talking about there would always be a gap and now has to eat crow.
MS was smart telling people it was the most powerful console. Definitely influenced some peoples purchase.

Hz is the refresh rate of the TV and FPS is how fast your Graphics card in your console or PC can render the frames in the game.
So a TV at 120Hz can keep up with a game that's 120fps because the TV can refresh fast enough to receive each frame at 120fps.

I forgot about those TV's with fake specs.

Basically If your spec sheet says your TV's panel is 120hz then it can run 120fps game but some TV's use software tricks to try and simulate 120fps and will put that on the spec sheet even if it's not a 120fps panel.

1606322240037.png

Most of these motion rates are disabled in game mode because they add lag and won't make your game look good because of the soap opera effect.
They help with movies from what I hear but I haven't used them in a while to see if they've improved them.
Read an article the other week about tv's with exaggerated specs when it comes to refresh rate. My 65" Samsung is 120hz but tops out at 60 fps. That being said, games run damn smooth for me, but im for sure curious to see 120 fps in 4k in person.

I imagine I will copp a 4k 120 monitor when thsoe prices go down.

As far as I can tell I would rather have 4K60. I can't give up that crisp I am sorry y'all.

I don't think we will see 4K 120 locked games on current gen for years if at all.

Maybe on the PS5 Pro Remix or whatever it is they will drop in 3-4 years.

I have a LG B8 OLED. Im not getting hdmi 2.1, 120 fps, vrr

But i got the TV for cheap, its mounted, i think its good enough until prices come down a bit in a couple years

Y’all picking resolution or frames when playing y’all games tho.

I'm both.
Demon Soul's cinemativ mode is useless though. I don't even know why they bothered :lol:

I imagine I will copp a 4k 120 monitor when thsoe prices go down.

As far as I can tell I would rather have 4K60. I can't give up that crisp I am sorry y'all.

I don't think we will see 4K 120 locked games on current gen for years if at all.

Maybe on the PS5 Pro Remix or whatever it is they will drop in 3-4 years.

Yea native 4K/120 is going to be rare unless it's one of the last gen games patched for current gen.

Main reason to have a 4K 120Hz TV is to have the option of both but not necessarily at the same time.

The higher the fps, the lower the lag so 120fps could give you an advantage

COD did a good job of 120Hz. It's not 4K but if a AAA game like this is 1440p /120fps right out of the gate then It's a good look for the future.

1606334138041.png

Picked up both Kingsman movies in 4K UHD for $15 at Target on my lunch break. Saw and was about to pick up Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Edition $15 for PS5 but passed since fighting games aren't my thing.

Last edited:
It has 1440p 120hz which upscales very well to 4K.

Let's be honest also, how many games you think we're gonna get native 4K with 120hz?

We're most likely gonna get 1080p, 1440p, or dynamic resolution at 120hz this gen.
if a game offers 120 fps im playing with that on dont care if its in 1080 or 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom