the NT Wedding season thread vol. tying the knot, attending, crashing?

Joined Oct 12, 2010
From now through September I have 5 weddings I'm attending. I'm a groomsmen in 3. I'm sure there are plenty of NTers getting married and attending as guests. Thought it would be interesting to hear and share wedding/engagement plans, crazy stories, etiquette tips, and so on in one thread.

Being a groomsmen, what is an acceptable gift to give? I'm clueless.

Joined Jul 23, 2005
glad i'm past the age where all my friends are getting married. there was a period there from ages 21-25 where it was nonstop lol.

Joined Jul 18, 2012
From now through September I have 5 weddings I'm attending. I'm a groomsmen in 3. I'm sure there are plenty of NTers getting married and attending as guests. Thought it would be interesting to hear and share wedding/engagement plans, crazy stories, etiquette tips, and so on in one thread.

Being a groomsmen, what is an acceptable gift to give? I'm clueless.
As someone getting married in one week, give a cash gift!  At least pay for the cost of your dinner....

Joined Oct 12, 2010
As someone getting married in one week, give a cash gift!  At least pay for the cost of your dinner....
Appreciate the advice. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to get something sentimental since one is my best friend the other is my sister's. Cash rules I guess.

Joined May 5, 2005
 This.

I'm getting married next year and we are not going the whole wedding shower and registry route - my girl is Vietnamese so we're gonna go with their tradition of the red envelopes. Hopefully that takes care of the cost of the wedding and then some.

akajae

formerly akajaedeuce
Joined Sep 2, 2005
I have 3 weddings this summer...

best man for one of them.

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Groomsman for my cousins wedding in a few weeks, weddings in the Philippines. Its gonna be the first time I go to my homeland, super excited. :D

Joined Aug 8, 2009
Groomsmen for one in mid-August.

If you are attending a wedding I strongly suggest money as a gift, like someone mentioned earlier. A lot of couples look to recuperate from the weddings through the gifts that they receive.

solewoman

Staff member
Joined Jul 27, 2006
^if you don't get anything off the registry I'd go for no less than $200 no more than $500 unless you can afford it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now