The Oakland Athletics 2018 Offseason Season Thread | One and Done Again

DEAL IS DONE: #Cubs send Samardzija and Hammel to #Athletics for Addison Russell, per sources. May be other players and team(s) involved.

All in, guys. Enjoy this year and next year. We will be awful soon after that. Hopefully we can find a bat at 2nd then go to war against the league.

Trade a pitcher for a 2nd basemen. We had to go all in. I'm so ready.

Addison, you will be missed.

Wrap up: #Athletics have traded for Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel at cost of Addison Russell, Dan Straily & Billy McKinney. No PTBNL

Yup, and Tampa didn't care too much abt the offer

From last night...

Alan Torres ‏@cuppingmaster
My AN buddy @JerryBrewerEBHI, a hitting instructor, decided previously that Russell, Choice, Green, and McKinney have questionable swings.

Alan Torres ‏@cuppingmaster
Now, as he points out, all those guys are gone. #secretagent

A's released their 2007 first rounder in Simmons, traded their 2008 first rounder in Weeks, 2009 first rounder in Green, 2010 first rounder in Choice, 2012th first rounder in Russell, 2013 first rounder in McKinney in the last calendar year

Guys, I know we all wanted to see Addison dawning SS for years to come but this team is too close to not go all in. I would have preferred landing Price for losing Addison but I am ok with this. Samardzija is having a very good year.

The way I am looking at this is we are going all in for this year and possibly next year. If something goes wrong next year, Beane will flip Samardzija for a few prospects.

I am glad the organization sees how close we are and are taking a shot to win it all. Now lets go find a 2nd basemen.

We have Gray/Kazmir/Shark/Hammels/Chavez/Milone/Pomeranz/Mills to chose from. :lol: Mills will probably be cut because I think he is out of options. I would try to deal Chavez or Milone for a 2nd basemen. Pomeranz was pitching very well before he got hurt so he can definitely hold down the 5 spot.

Ideally we wouldn't trade anything important off this coming off season because we succeeded this year in winning it all. Back to back titles can't be denied by making core trades for the future, our time is now.

After a couple days of going back and forth, I 100% support this trade. Next year, we'll have the same offensive lineup, with this starting pitching staff:

1. Shark (I refuse to learn how to spell sammaarjidjda)
2. Sonny
3. Kazmir
4. Parker
5. Griffin, Chavez, Milone

:x.

We've been saying all year that the window is closing after next year, might as well go all in.

After a couple days of going back and forth, I 100% support this trade. Next year, we'll have the same offensive lineup, with this starting pitching staff:

1. Shark (I refuse to learn how to spell sammaarjidjda)
2. Sonny
3. Kazmir
4. Parker
5. Griffin, Chavez, Milone

:x.

We've been saying all year that the window is closing after next year, might as well go all in.

Flip Kaz and Sonny and I'm 100% for that rotation.

We still need a MIF bat. Make the trade for pure hitter and we're in the money.

7 if you count Shark.:smokin

I know it's way too early to start thinking about 2015 free agency, but the A's have ~23 mil coming off the books with guys like Hanley, Zobrist, and Asdrubal becoming free agents. I say trade Milone for a competent loaner middle infielder before the break, and find the longer term solution after this season.

Imagine if there was a breakthrough for our stadium hopes within the next year and a half.

We could suddenly see our money open up to preserve the core of this team and outfit new parts with fresh cash. Suddenly this brief window becomes a constant threat for a deep run. It makes me a little teary eyed just thinking about it.

Apparently Buster Olney went on ESPN and said that the A's could have had Price, but the A's wanted two starters.

Back
Top Bottom