Votes: 1 2.7%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • 11+

• Total voters
honestly man I still can't believe it :frown:

It is what it is bro. I’ve been a fan long enough to know when disappointment is just the norm. It’s funny how a lot of people in he comments sections on IG think that Mack looks unhappy. That’s what you get though. You can’t want all that bread and expect to get traded to the Patriots. Realistically, I honestly believe he will regret this more than the team will. Unless he wins a ring, which I highly doubt with the bears.

It is what it is bro. I’ve been a fan long enough to know when disappointment is just the norm. It’s funny how a lot of people in he comments sections on IG think that Mack looks unhappy. That’s what you get though. You can’t want all that bread and expect to get traded to the Patriots. Realistically, I honestly believe he will regret this more than the team will. Unless he wins a ring, which I highly doubt with the bears.

I feel like he truly did want to stay here, and ride his career with DC just how they planned it. But not all stories have that fairytale ending.

I don’t know if he will come to regret it or not. Jon came across as lightweight disrespectful with his little smart *** comments about how having him didn’t equate to much when the defense still ranked ****ty. Like having an incompetent defensive coordinator and head coach at the time wasn’ta big part of that equation.

So, when Mack turns around and says all he wanted was to feel wanted - yeah the $90Mill guaranteed is a big part of it, but I think that comment was a big time shot at Gruden and the Raiders.

Raiders have no where else to go until 2020 :lol:

If they have to play at San Boyd Stadium, I’m gonna laugh so hard. That place is even worse than coliseum :rofl:

I feel like he truly did want to stay here, and ride his career with DC just how they planned it. But not all stories have that fairytale ending.

I don’t know if he will come to regret it or not. Jon came across as lightweight disrespectful with his little smart *** comments about how having him didn’t equate to much when the defense still ranked ****ty. Like having an incompetent defensive coordinator and head coach at the time wasn’ta big part of that equation.

So, when Mack turns around and says all he wanted was to feel wanted - yeah the $90Mill guaranteed is a big part of it, but I think that comment was a big time shot at Gruden and the Raiders.

Being wanted and playing where you want are completely different things though. At the end of the day, do you play for your brothers/teammates or the coaches? That’s all I’m saying. I wanna win for my teammate, not the assistant special teams coach.

Being wanted and playing where you want are completely different things though. At the end of the day, do you play for your brothers/teammates or the coaches? That’s all I’m saying. I wanna win for my teammate, not the assistant special teams coach.
IMO - you don’t play for your teammates or the coaches. You play for the money first and foremost.

All them dudes literally put their bodies through hell and risk life long injuries week in and week out.

IMO - you don’t play for your teammates or the coaches. You play for the money first and foremost.

All them dudes literally put their bodies through hell and risk life long injuries week in and week out.

I guess we just have different views on sports. I played bc I'm competitive. I want to win at everything. Yeah, money is great, but I wouldn't play for the Brooklyn Nets just to get a check. Losing frequently would ruin me. I'd rather give up some money to be competitive. As much as I dislike the whole super team wave in the NBA, I can understand players taking pay cuts to win. Its the same with football. The Pats don't pay anyone top dollar and are still in the SB damn near every year. Even Brady isn't top 5 in QB salaries and he's arguably the GOAT.

I guess we just have different views on sports. I played bc I'm competitive. I want to win at everything. Yeah, money is great, but I wouldn't play for the Brooklyn Nets just to get a check. Losing frequently would ruin me. I'd rather give up some money to be competitive. As much as I dislike the whole super team wave in the NBA, I can understand players taking pay cuts to win. Its the same with football. The Pats don't pay anyone top dollar and are still in the SB damn near every year. Even Brady isn't top 5 in QB salaries and he's arguably the GOAT.
Yeah, I don’t mean to come across as a **** or anything - we can have different perspectives on this and it’s all good.

The way I see it is this - this is their full time job and if I got paid $20 million to work at my current job but had the opportunity to make $30 million doing the same exact thing elsewhere, of course I’ll take more money.

Because I know the first chance my current job can find someone else to replace me for cheaper - they’ll do it. So let me get mine before it’s over and done with.

Which may be part of the equation here - maybe the Raiders think Arden Key and the young bucks on the DLine can carry the weight of a Khalil Mack. Which is the most frustrating part, cause I feel like we finally have a competent Dline and we just let go of our biggest asset on that line.

1F2EE02E-B0EA-48B5-9064-A1C542D27973.png

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, I don’t mean to come across as a **** or anything - we can have different perspectives on this and it’s all good.

The way I see it is this - this is their full time job and if I got paid $20 million to work at my current job but had the opportunity to make $30 million doing the same exact thing elsewhere, of course I’ll take more money.

Because I know the first chance my current job can find someone else to replace me for cheaper - they’ll do it. So let me get mine before it’s over and done with.

Which may be part of the equation here - maybe the Raiders think Arden Key and the young bucks on the DLine can carry the weight of a Khalil Mack. Which is the most frustrating part, cause I feel like we finally have a competent Dline and we just let go of our biggest asset on that line.

I feel you. There isn't a "wrong" approach. Everyone has their own motivations.

That's actually why I'm not all that upset about the trade. Of course I would've preferred to keep Khalil in silver and black, BUT I'm not nearly as upset as others. If Arden can be 75% of the player Khalil is and we can spread that money to improve our secondary, I'd be more than happy. Our DL as a whole probably has the most potential than we've had in years. I'd rather have a top 10 defense, than one DPOY.

Anyone watch Hard Knocks? I found it interesting that Hue Jackson said the price was "steep" for the Bears regarding the Mack trade. Gm also said, "That's QB money." lol.

Toms made his money and can afford to take less now. His career life has been say longer than average. This is Mack’s first payday and it can easily be his last.

I just wanna know if 20 mil and 23 mil is THAT big of a difference. He probably would’ve gotten close if not the same amount of guaranteed money anyway. People making it seem like Reggie pulled up with 12 mil.

I just wanna know if 20 mil and 23 mil is THAT big of a difference. He probably would’ve gotten close if not the same amount of guaranteed money anyway. People making it seem like Reggie pulled up with 12 mil.

What has the raider org done for him to take a discount? They have had 3 coaches, a move to a different city and an owner who really hasn’t proven he can set up a winning system. Be real, what do the raiders offer that would attract you to take less? Everyone comes here for the money only.

What has the raider org done for him to take a discount? They have had 3 coaches, a move to a different city and an owner who really hasn’t proven he can set up a winning system. Be real, what do the raiders offer that would attract you to take less? Everyone comes here for the money only.

That’s the problem. We’ll always be trash until players actually wanna be here. He clearly didn’t bc he took the money, and that’s fine. I just don’t like the narrative that “oh the raiders are dumb”. Just say you wanna be the highest paid, you don’t wanna be here, and keep it pushing. Don’t act all sad bc you’re now a bear when you could’ve stopped this at any point. Again, if you miss playing if you miss your boy DC, then show up.

Look at how Donald handled the situation. He’s publicly said that he’s confident that a deal will get done and it did. Mack hid all offseason. Donald made it apparent that he wanted to stay. Mack just tryna get paid, and that’s fine. Just don’t make it seem like Jon premeditated the trade before he took the job.

Back
Top Bottom