Metta World Peace for head coach?

• A. Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • B. No

Votes: 17 65.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bruh ...

We might look like a circus, mainly because we are ... however, these vets have value to contending teams that arent looking for them to be primary but off the bench scoring or impact....

Randle, Ellington, Portis, especially Morris can and will help a contending team with a strong coach.

I dont know about Payton, dude is trash ....

We need to trade them dudes and get picks and start playing with the younging and Westchester crew.

Best trade I see is Morris for Bazemore to Portland for their first. It likely wouldn’t be lottery but a definitely before 20

We could take Otto Porter’s contract for Markennen

Bucks have the pacers pick but the math would require a third team

none of the young guys should be traded including frank who i was hating his whole tenure lol... but keep frank, mitch, trier, knox, dsjr and obviously rj and iggy....get rid of all the free agents for all i care
I really dont like Trier, but with the right coach he could fit ... but I want to see the Knicks build around their young players.

Frank
RJ
Iggy
Knox
Mitch

Or

Frank
DSJr
RJ
Knox
Mitch

Sounds like a wack squad but they are young and compliment each other with the right coach.

MF thought

Steph
Klay
Dray

Were wack until they started showing out. Obviously we dont have the offensive power of a Steph/Klay, but defensively we have arguably better players and we can get scoring if properly coach and executed from all of them.

trier just hasnt been used correctly like all the other players on this team... all he knows how to do is chuck and iso and not really pass... not to mention he is not a good defender... but when hes playing well he can be a spark off the bench... he reminds me of a poormans lou williams

Melos just about as infuriating to watch with their horseblinder ways as Julius randle - which is sad .

One is a 24 yr old who just received 20 mil a year and the other is a past his prime vet who wants to shoot the ball till he cant no more.

i hope we actually trade up this year, with Edwards/C.Anthony/LaMelo in mind, rather than settling and drafting some scrub at #8
Im a BPA guy nor do I like the Balls, but the time has come to take a point guard. I can t watch these offenses any longer. It’s been so long

I hope somehow we can land cole anthony... he would be nice on this team with the current young players... trade randle somehow and let go of all the free agents after the season

Cole Anthony is really small is my main concern. Listed 6’3 but you know what that means. I think Ball playing so well professionally is a good sign for his transition, since he’s been going against grown men for a while.

Of course Frank could help us make a small PG work defensively.

6'3 is small in terms of a point guard lol? steph curry is that height and is really good... trae young is 6'2 and is pretty good for being considered small... same can apply to cp3 and ai both of which are 6 foot even had really good careers

6'3 is small in terms of a point guard lol? steph curry is that height and is really good... trae young is 6'2 and is pretty good for being considered small... same can apply to cp3 and ai both of which are 6 foot even had really good careers
Those guys you listed are all small and exceptions to the rule, though. You have to be pretty amazing at offense because it’s hard to play defense well at that size. Again, guys like CP3 are an exception.

Also we all know NCAA height measurements are inflated. I’m just saying the chances of busting are higher when someone’s that undersized in the nba. Not a guarantee either way.

Kemba
Kyrie
Dame
Steph
CP3
Trae
Lowry

All of the best PGs in the NBA are 6'3" or under....and have been for a long time.

Nash
Kidd
Parker
Stockton
Zeke

Great tall PGs are the exception to the rule.

Your takes be trash b :lol:
Why don’t you quote my posts when you reply to me homie?

You’re absolutely right, there are a lot of great smaller PGs in the league today though most are bad defenders. I’m wrong to say otherwise and you’re right to call me out.

You carefully left guys like Magic Johnson, J Kidd , Oscar Robertson and Gary Payton off your all time list.

The true PG of the future is the hybrid guard though: Lebron, Luka, Harden as the primary ball handler. So it’s disingenuous to say all the good PGs are small when the best primary ball handlers in the league are bigger guys. I’d like to see the team follow that model.

Happy Thanksgiving bud.

Last edited:
Why don’t you quote my posts when you reply to me homie?

You’re absolutely right, there are a lot of great smaller PGs in the league today though most are bad defenders. I’m wrong to say otherwise and you’re right to call me out.

You carefully left guys like Magic Johnson, J Kidd , Oscar Robertson and Gary Payton off your all time list.

The true PG of the future is the hybrid guard though: Lebron, Luka, Harden as the primary ball handler. So it’s disingenuous to say all the good PGs are small when the best primary ball handlers in the league are bigger guys.

I’m sorry if I offended you and the other small men of NYC this morning: happy thanksgiving.

LMAO you're hella soft breh. seems like YOU are the one that took offense for really nothing. being a primary ball handler does not necessarily mean PG. teams like LA, HOU, and DAL don't have an actual PG, so they just have their best player run the offense. that doesn't they're PGs. you also mentioned 4 of the best PGs in the history of the league, when again the VAST majority that play that position are 6'3 and below.

LMAO you're hella soft breh. seems like YOU are the one that took offense for really nothing. being a primary ball handler does not necessarily mean PG. teams like LA, HOU, and DAL don't have an actual PG, so they just have their best player run the offense. that doesn't they're PGs. you also mentioned 4 of the best PGs in the history of the league, when again the VAST majority that play that position are 6'3 and below.
You make it sound like those guards are running those offenses by default because no one else is available. But in reality there isn’t anyone that would be better off running PG for those teams.

When I say the Knicks need a PG I mean someone who can get them into their offense and run it. That’s the definition that matters and what the team has lacked.

Back
Top Bottom