THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

We’re talking specially about Jerry and Dak though

To insist Jerry ain’t breaking the bank for Dak because he’s not white and not because he’s an average QB is just the lowest hanging fruit every time
But I don't fault anyone for thinking that Dak's skin color is part of the reason he hasn't gotten the contract he is asking for
The history of bigotry and discrimination in the NFL as it relates to black quarterbacks is still an issue

What white QB as average as Dak has obliterated the market on a new deal? It literally hasn’t happened.

Maybe Kirk? But that was and has continued to be panned as a terrible deal almost universally.
Jared Goff recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on it. He's crumbling.

I came in here to ask your thoughts on this. The new coaching staff seems big on locker room culture.

and earl thomas is getting bad reviews on that and he doesn’t have kris Richard to back him up anymore

Darian Thompson has been playing over ha-ha so there is that.

Usually when the Cowboys take chances, they've got a support system existing and in place...

The guys they gambled on this offseason all have that right now.

Earl's stuff has gotten WAY extra lately. He's been in a spiral since the injury in Seattle.

Would've been nice to start the season with a W obviously, but I wont get too worked up over a week 1 loss. Biggest concerns for me is the TE spot with Jarwin out, and the LBs with Jaylons slowness & Vander Esch being Sean Lee 2.0

Would've been nice to start the season with a W obviously, but I wont get too worked up over a week 1 loss. Biggest concerns for me is the TE spot with Jarwin out, and the LBs with Jaylons slowness & Vander Esch being Sean Lee 2.0

Horrible hearing jarwin tore his ACL was hoping for a big year from him.. and was also hoping LVH was gonna be a stud this year again like his rookie year but this is definitely concerning if he is getting hurt like this already. Also agree that jaylon looked hella slow.. hopefully this is just alot of rust but there were other teams that didn't seem to have these problems. Looks like Kellen moore is running JGs system still which doesn't surprise me but daaaamn come on..

Missed field goal hurt because if he makes it McCarthy doesn't go for it on 4th&3

Rams misdirection was just too good in the first half
Second half Aldon Smith was ready for it

Zeke and Pollard looked good

Cee Dee looks like he's still at OU :lol:

Offensive line was decent. Tyron looked good.

Keep telling yall Van der Esch was a bad pick

Schultz cant catch :lol:

Last but not least, Dak finally has someone to help him with his mechanics:nthat:
Footwork looked much better and throws were very precise

Trust Dak over the kicker
My brother said the kicker even looked shaky on the extra points
Cee Dee ran the route short but the safety was lurking so Dak couldn't lead him
That's where having a Kelce/Kittle type TE makes life easier for the QB and OC

I Realized I've Been So Conditioned By Playing It Safe During The Garrett Era Im Opposed To Being Aggressive.

Them Committing To Going For It On 4th 3 After Running On 3 and 6 And Getting 3 Yards Really Isnt That Bad A Call. Just Didnt Work.

And The Defense Was Better In The Second Half And Thanks To That Block In The Back Penalty They Held The Rams To A Punt And Gave The O Another Chance.

Now That The Dust Has Settled Even If The Game Is Tied The Always Will Need Another Score + Defensive Stop For A Win.

I Respect Taking Chances With Your Best, Even If It Doesnt Always Work.

We can't ***** for years about Jason Garrett being a passive ***** and never playing to win, then complain about McCarthy going for it on 4th & 3 on the road against a good team that was playing well with more than enough time to get the ball back and make another drive.

Had chances to win. Just didn't.

After watching yesterday, I'm more sold on the idea we may have to gamble on Earl Thomas and just hope we can control him... We need more on the backend.

Back
Top Bottom