THE OFFICIAL 2023 DALLAS COWBOYS OFF-SEASON THREAD || Cowboys Gonna Cowboy

Cameron Erving was signed to a 1 year deal to be the backup tackle.

I think the OLine is pretty much set at this point.

Tyron
McGovern
Looney
Zack
La’el

Cameron Erving
Connor Williams
Tyler Biadasz
Cody Wichman
Brandon Knight / Mitch Hyatt

Center spot can be flipped between Joe and Tyler. But I’m guessing they’ll be cautious with him

1588902153520.png

1588902174499.png

1588902196419.png

1588902217480.png

Last edited:
What's the alternative right now? Andy? Yuck.

At some point, someone's gonna draw the line in the sand with a QB in his prime... But until then, they've basically got franchises by the balls.

We haven't seen Dak's best football yet
He's still learning and getting better

Witten gone and I'm sure McCarthy will develop a tight end to open up the middle of the field
McCarthy loves to run the ball so the offense will be balanced

Don't know much about the defensive philosophy moving forward but Nolan has some skins on the wall
Beefing up the defensive line should help the linebackers move more freely to stop the run

And sign who?

he wants a 4 year offer period and that’s it. Anything longer then that is just a bs report or has been said he wants that to be a 45 million dollar year(which will probably how much qb’s will be going for by then)

some of y’all keep falling for these bs story’s

And sign who?

he wants a 4 year offer period and that’s it. Anything longer then that is just a bs report or has been said he wants that to be a 45 million dollar year(which will probably how much qb’s will be going for by then)

some of y’all keep falling for these bs story’s
Didn’t know you were so plugged in to Dak’s circle

Thanks for keeping us all in the loop

Jerry is making the same mistake he made when he didn't draft Randy Moss
Letting outside perception cause him to second guess what he knows is the best thing for the team

How do you not pay the 4th rd pick that broke multiple rookie records
But you had no problem paying the undrafted free agent that couldn't stay healthy and repeatedly threw interceptions in crucial moments of games that would have sent the cowboys to the playoffs

It’s been reported a hundred times over he wants 4 years so he can hit the market again at 30. Wanna buy him outta that, you gotta pay. Makes perfect sense. He’s not wrong for making that demand given where the QB market is likely to continue to head.

I kinda don’t get why the Cowboys are so adamant about 5 years... Would imagine it’s a cap thing, but not sure.

On a different topic: if the Jets want a 1 and 3 for Jamal Adams, I think I’m in on that.

Jerry is making the same mistake he made when he didn't draft Randy Moss
Letting outside perception cause him to second guess what he knows is the best thing for the team

How do you not pay the 4th rd pick that broke multiple rookie records
But you had no problem paying the undrafted free agent that couldn't stay healthy and repeatedly threw interceptions in crucial moments of games that would have sent the cowboys to the playoffs
Is Dakota was full white he’d have the contract he wants by now.

Is Dakota was full white he’d have the contract he wants by now.
It looks that way but Jerry has paid too many brothers big time money for me to think its a skin color issue
Jerry is trying to help out the other owners by not setting the market too high
Dak is trying to help out the other QBs by setting the market at a very generous number
If Dak gets $40mil, then Deshaun is getting $41mil and Mahomes is getting $46mil

It looks that way but Jerry has paid too many brothers big time money for me to think its a skin color issue
Dak is trying to help out the other QBs by setting the market at a very generous number
If Dak gets $40mil, then Deshaun is getting $41mil and Mahomes is getting $46mil
Lamar gonna get 50

Naw he aint trippin if he thinks it might be a race issue
Race has always been an issue in the NFL
What white QB as average as Dak has obliterated the market on a new deal? It literally hasn’t happened.

Maybe Kirk? But that was and has continued to be panned as a terrible deal almost universally.

What white QB as average as Dak has obliterated the market on a new deal? It literally hasn’t happened.

Maybe Kirk? But that was and has continued to be panned as a terrible deal almost universally.
The race issue in the NFL is bigger than just whether or not Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are hard balling Dak because he's not a Tom Brady prototype

The race issue in the NFL is bigger than just whether or not Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones are hard balling Dak because he's not a Tom Brady prototype
We’re talking specially about Jerry and Dak though

To insist Jerry ain’t breaking the bank for Dak because he’s not white and not because he’s an average QB is just the lowest hanging fruit every time

Jerry Krause
If Jerry was really trying to help other owners out he would not have agreed to that early $90 Million dollar extension for Zeke. That really messed up the Market value for RB’s and showed an owners weakness for RBs holding out. The Steelers and the Laveon Bell contract issue was a stand to help other Owners.

As far as the Dak situation, I view it similar to the John Elway/Tebow relationship. John Elway never viewed Tebow as the future QB he wanted for his franchise and didn’t care if Tebow won a Super Bowl, he was going to get rid of him once the right QB came along (Manning). Jerry is going to dump Dak whenever someone who Jerry wants is available. Jerry was ready to throw the Franchise away over Johnny Manziel cause he viewed him as a Franchise QB... I don’t really think it is racism cause Jerry didn’t really like Troy Aikman the whole time he was with the Cowboys, He felt troy was too conservative but Troy was winning games.

Back
Top Bottom