THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Notice the toe on the blacks. It's not suede or leather.

Clear soles on the Dark Ops and Gila monsters 
mean.gif

Someone please tell me these things eventually stop making that damn popping noise when you walk...

Just ordered another pair of size 14s and saved $49.
smokin.gif

I'm returning this first pair...the leather toe cap on the right shoe completely covers the first lace and pushes it down into my foot.

Last edited:
Someone please tell me these things eventually stop making that damn popping noise when you walk...

haha i had the same issue, it seemed to be better by the end of the day after my first wear. havnt worn them again yet though.

Not sure why but I went my regular size 9 on my pair but when I walk the top of my foot is getting hit by something. Does anyone else have this problem? Feels like the last lace set is hitting it.

I have this issue too but only on my right foot. Sizing for this shoe is crazy. I'm a 11.5 in Nike but I fit a 10.5 in these just fine, length wise. The top of my right big toe when the shoe is flexed is hit by some material when the toe box creases. Not as bad when I tried on the 11 but the 11 is too long length wise. Gonna try on a different pair of 10.5s and see if the issue is still there but I might have to go with an 11.

Just putting it out there but I highly doubt these will be on mi adidas. Haven't heard anything about it and they have 14 (that I know of) colorways coming out so there should be something for everyone. Remember that this is his first sig and the goal is to land the shoe as a premier signature shoe. Once that's established, I'm pretty sure they'll open up mi adidas for Vol. 2.

The pic of the white pair coming out on the 20th is very likely the Christmas pair. Think they're calling it Below Zero.

$100 or below for the Pioneers and I'm in.
This is confusing. It's a top tier basketball performance shoe. Don't see the price ever dropping this low when it already starts at $140, a reasonable pricepoint

Adidas basketball performance shoes, even sigs, always make their way to my local outlet eventually.

My local Adidas outlet is stockpiled with D-Roses year after year. I don't see these being any different. Colors will vary but they'll be there.

It's just a matter of when and how much.

View media item 2253730

Got this from Eastbay. The 30% off right now is tempting for the "Pioneer" colorway from Adidas (if my size pops back up), but I personally want the "Home" color instead. Not sure if this release info is for sure, since I saw some details saying the "Home" dropped in 2017, but just wanted to share in case they are out tomorrow.

These aren't slated to drop until early Jan. Eastbay doesn't usually get RDs wrong but perhaps they get to drop them early and then ADC will have them in early Jan? I'm leaning towards the 12/8 date being wrong. No way they drop two pairs within less than a week of each other. Not to mention both are GRs.

So are the "Imma be a Star"s officially limited and sold out? Won't ever be restocked?

So are the "Imma be a Star"s officially limited and sold out? Won't ever be restocked?
They dropped 2 weeks ago and sold out then, I wouldn't count on them being restocked. There might still be straggling pairs in store but nothing online. 

So the Dec 20th release isn't the white/gold/black? Anyone know when those are coming out then?

Lol... saw the size on ADC for Pioneers w/ the FF 30... contemplated for about 5 minutes... looked back and size gone. Damn.

Oh well... we'll probably get something close to that price or lower sooner or later

Lol... saw the size on ADC for Pioneers w/ the FF 30... contemplated for about 5 minutes... looked back and size gone. Damn.

Oh well... we'll probably get something close to that price or lower sooner or later
Same with me yesterday morning. Couldn't add anything to cart due to website glitch. $98 is worth it rather than waiting for them to hit sale. Oh well x2

What sizes did you see? Pretty much everything from 8.5-10.5 was gone when I checked yesterday

What sizes did you see? Pretty much everything from 8.5-10.5 was gone when I checked yesterday
There was my size 11 and then about 3 other random sizes like 25-30 minutes ago.  I stopped looking to work on something and then felt I was good with that price and looked back shortly after for that 11 to be gone. Perhaps it was OOS anyways and would have been cancelled. I don't know

Ok guys I've got a big problem and I'd like to know what solution you guys came up with. I went with my adidas size (half size down from Nike size) and the fit is perfect. But just like many of you, the bottom shoe lace is hitting my feet and causing pain whenever I walk. I can see this a very big issue if I were to play with it.

Now, would switching to flat laces fix it? I don't want to take out my laces until I'm sure it will be fixed as I know that with this setup, the laces will be close to impossible to put on.

OR would go up a half size make the pain with the laces go away? As much as possible I would not want to go up as there would be too much toe space but I'm wondering if that would be the only solution.

Ok guys I've got a big problem and I'd like to know what solution you guys came up with. I went with my adidas size (half size down from Nike size) and the fit is perfect. But just like many of you, the bottom shoe lace is hitting my feet and causing pain whenever I walk. I can see this a very big issue if I were to play with it.

Now, would switching to flat laces fix it? I don't want to take out my laces until I'm sure it will be fixed as I know that with this setup, the laces will be close to impossible to put on.

OR would go up a half size make the pain with the laces go away? As much as possible I would not want to go up as there would be too much toe space but I'm wondering if that would be the only solution.

I think it's the upper more than the laces. I loosened the lace on the bottom and when you flex your foot all the way that's where the upper is pushing into your foot. Guess you have to break in the upper and see if that'll help. There is absolutely no dead space on the top of the toe box. Maybe going half up might help. I think Primeknit is a better option for this shoe. I see why the Rose 5 (it's a similar upper material) had dead space on the toe box so there is minimal to no pinching from the upper.

I'm just gonna stick to what I said and only own the Pioneer since I got through on the 40% off deal. Aside from the tightness on the top of the forefoot, the cushion on the heel feels great and with the court feel of the forefoot boost is fantastic. The ankle area feels better than the Kobe A.D.

To my knowledge, the Adidas NYC store made the Gila Monsters available for purchase starting 12/07.

I dont know what it is, but the Vol 1's are one of the more fun models i've played in recently.

That isnt to say that there arent some flaws.

I do feel the pressure a bit on where the leather toebox presses downward a bit but it does disappear during gameplay.

The laces are the most annoying to me. I have to relace them (even when double knotted) frequently and i wish it would just stay laced.

Comfort increases throughout gameplay and traction does well for me even on 24 Hour's dusty and slippery *** courts.

Can't wait for those Homes though. Them jawns sexxxyy.

1. Where are you guys getting the 30% coupons from, and

2. Any word on release dates for the Gila Monsters and Cargos?

Back
Top Bottom