THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright so I played in my Pioneers for the first time today and these things are just too damn heavy. Felt like bricks on my feet and too damn stiff. Nice looking shoes but I'm gonna have to return these cause I was only planning on wearing them for basketball.

Played ball in the "imma stars" the other day... cushioning was great to me, laces were a problem but I tied them tight and double knitted them and I was fine...might switch to flat laces tho... overall I was happy with the feel of the shoe and comfort...got a size 12 cuz I double sock when hooping....

View media item 2255954Used my Batman Curry laces. Definitely a big improvement. Good luck trying to relace these ******* though. Make sure to pinch the lace holes together in the lateral side so you can lace it through.

Not surprised that Harden went with a firm, court-feel setup vs Ultraboost CEboost as Harden played in Nike Run One, Crusader. But for such a nice looking shoe (esp. Pioneer other than the all-white outsole) I was hoping for plush boost for casual wear. Its hard to get a hold of ultraboost in nice CW or any NMD so I have to resort to beautiful basketball shoes to rock casually.

It's hard to describe how I feel about this shoe. I guess one way to put it is like it's an abusive significant other. You love them, but there are just so much bad sh*t that they do to you. Like for this shoe, I can see the potential of the shoe but the lacing system is just garbage. I had to take out the default laces just to not feel pain. And even then, the TPU backing for the laceloops or whatever it may be, also hurts when you walk because it hits leather toe cap. I understand that it will eventually go away as you break them in but they seem to be more focused on the aesthetics of the shoe rather than the user comfort.

I don't know if others are having it because I'm getting some heel slippage. I already have the half size down from my true size and have tightened the laces as hard as I could. Yes the shoe is hugging my feet from the front to the middle part of the shoe but I can feel some space around my heel. I don't know if it's because of the padding in the heel but it's definitely there.

Like I said though, I love the shoe. But there just seems to be a lot of unnecessary annoyances that I am finding about the shoe that I'm second guessing if it's really worth it for this price.

If you took a L on the Hv1 so far I wouldn't be upset at all as there are more dope CW coming as you can see. Them Cargo and White and Gold are beautiful. I ordered the Pioneer but will be keeping it DS as the white outsoles I dislike. Hoping for something similar to the Lillard 2 "Rip City 2" or Rose 7 "Home"...anything thats majority white with non-white outsole.

It's hard to describe how I feel about this shoe. I guess one way to put it is like it's an abusive significant other. You love them, but there are just so much bad sh*t that they do to you. Like for this shoe, I can see the potential of the shoe but the lacing system is just garbage. I had to take out the default laces just to not feel pain. And even then, the TPU backing for the laceloops or whatever it may be, also hurts when you walk because it hits leather toe cap. I understand that it will eventually go away as you break them in but they seem to be more focused on the aesthetics of the shoe rather than the user comfort.

I don't know if others are having it because I'm getting some heel slippage. I already have the half size down from my true size and have tightened the laces as hard as I could. Yes the shoe is hugging my feet from the front to the middle part of the shoe but I can feel some space around my heel. I don't know if it's because of the padding in the heel but it's definitely there.

Like I said though, I love the shoe. But there just seems to be a lot of unnecessary annoyances that I am finding about the shoe that I'm second guessing if it's really worth it for this price.
Sounds like me! Like the looks not a bad shoe but lots of better shoes out there.

Yeah removing and putting the laces through the eyelet is a pain in the ***. Worst than the Lebron 12. I undo one eyelet then put it back. I may try it again because I want to put black laces but it probably not worth the agony.

I agree it's heavy but it's not noticeable on feet. There is fit annoyance on the frontal portion but I think it will go away after some time. The heel hugs my ankle nicely no complaint there. Let's just say the shoe is not for every foot type. Definitely not worth $160/$140. I'm cool with the 40% off deal on it :tongue:

Last edited:
^^^ agreed, put mine out straight from the box in TTS and no pain in the lacing and very minimal heel slip. They are heavy, but most Boost shoes are. However if the response and bounce is there it shouldn't be noticeable while playing. I haven't had the popping on mine either. Extremely happy so far.

^The laces being worse than the Bron 12 to tighten is annoying, but I suppose the perk is that you don't get much loosening once they are cinched up? 

The Dark Ops has Xeno on the 3 stripes. Releases 12/16
CzQOeP6UoAAC_sG.jpg:large

Last edited:
Are the Gila monsters a massive GR like the pioneers? Wondering if I should I hold off for now even if I like them in person

didnt realize the gila monsters was that salmon toe pair. in definitely gunna need those.

^^^ agreed, put mine out straight from the box in TTS and no pain in the lacing and very minimal heel slip. They are heavy, but most Boost shoes are. However if the response and bounce is there it shouldn't be noticeable while playing. I haven't had the popping on mine either. Extremely happy so far.

I'm happy with my Pioneer pair too. Really like the overall design and the colors and materials used on the Pioneers. I find the fit to be great when I went 1/2 size down - no heel slip, no lace pain, no excessive deadspace, etc. Not a light shoe, but I don't notice the weight when playing. Traction is good to very good on the courts I play on. Minimal wiping so far. Lacing system is annoying to get tight - reminds me of trying to get snowboarding boots snugged up. I get a good fit but the laces dig into my fingers and I have to double knot. Might try different laces to see if it improves. Cushioning is responsive and court feel is very good for me. Knees and feet feel great while I play, but both have been a little sore after I'm done playing. Hopefully that goes away with more break in. If not, then these will be limited to lighter and/or shorter sessions of playing ball.

These are now #1 in my rotation. All around excellent performer for me and fit is fantastic. I like them so much that my CEs are on the bay right now and my Kobe XI elites and EMs are collecting a little dust. I'll get at least one more cw for casual wear and maybe a workout pair.

Last edited:
These are now #1 in my rotation. All around excellent performer for me and fit is fantastic. I like them so much that my CEs are on the bay right now and my Kobe XI elites and EMs are collecting a little dust. I'll get at least one more cw for casual wear and maybe a workout pair.
did you get the same size in all those shoes?

Are the Gila monsters a massive GR like the pioneers? Wondering if I should I hold off for now even if I like them in person

Should be widely available. Doubt it will have the same numbers as Pioneers but close to it.

I'm happy with my Pioneer pair too. Really like the overall design and the colors and materials used on the Pioneers. I find the fit to be great when I went 1/2 size down - no heel slip, no lace pain, no excessive deadspace, etc. Not a light shoe, but I don't notice the weight when playing. Traction is good to very good on the courts I play on. Minimal wiping so far. Lacing system is annoying to get tight - reminds me of trying to get snowboarding boots snugged up. I get a good fit but the laces dig into my fingers and I have to double knot. Might try different laces to see if it improves. Cushioning is responsive and court feel is very good for me. Knees and feet feel great while I play, but both have been a little sore after I'm done playing. Hopefully that goes away with more break in. If not, then these will be limited to lighter and/or shorter sessions of playing ball.
I went a half size down also, 11.5, in adidas. Played in my black/gold ones the other day. I love them but I don't think they beat the feel and comfort of the crazy light boost lows I have a couple pairs of. Can't beat that softness and responsiveness on anything right. even the kobe a.d. Shoes but thats just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom