The Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Blk/Red "BANNED" Sept 3 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a harder than should have been to cop. Got size 13. Probably going to keep my older pair (because they are so comfortable) and do a trade for SBB size 13, wonder how hard it's going to be to find any takers on this because SBBs are all practically pre-owned now. 

This guy's comment *should* be in this thread. He answered exactly what I wanted to know about these before they arrive -- that the quality is not good and a slap from Nike in its shoe buyers face. Because of this comment, I compared online close up pictures of the 2016 release with others he mentioned. It is plainly obvious that the 2016 version is worse in quality than 2011/2009 banned/shadows.

Thanks bro. Yea, the quality is not that good but the market has lost its willingness to care.

Enjoy your pair and if you ever get a chance, pick up a pair of 09 Shadows for cheap. You can get a pair ds for ~$300. It's ridiculous the quality and craftsmanship that went into those. That's Jb at its best. And it was only a few years ago. Rttg Vegas from 2012 were solid as well. Not to the same degree that the 09 Shadows and 2011 black/red were but the leather, on average, is late-90s, early-2000s good.

Good luck in unearthing good shoes from Jb. They're out there. Just stay off the hype train and demand more for your hard earned money.

You Do Realize This Is Business 101 Don't You?

:stoneface:
Bruh Of You're Giving Props To AJ1s From 08-2011, You've Lost All Credibility In The AJ1 Thread :lol:

Please Stop

Yes I am. But then I own Shadow 09s and Banned 11s. I can't imagine that you do because if you did, you'd realize the inanity of your statement.

my order just shipped from snkrs
smokin.gif

yes Yes YES

JB Nike Adidas they are all catching on to this reseller wave and want to capitalize off of it, be patient, there are so many surprise restocks nowadays you just gotta b patient

NYC Heads remember when the Flight 23 store on 34th Re released black and gold 1's almost 2 YEARS after initial release, raffle line was for miles lol

Why would they care about resellers? Fakes are what they are more concerned about. If they gave even an second of thought to the way shoes sell out and people dump hundreds into resellers hands no shoe would be limited period. It will be like walking into footlocker to get a pair of white Air Force ones. Shoes that sell out create buzz, buzz creates high stock prices, and that makes investors money.

people just gotta complain about something, yet do nothing really about it.

1st world problems.

Protest with your pocket. That's doing something. Force a quality shift. People won't because they'd rather "break necks" than have a company provide a product that justifies the cost.

Yes I am. But then I own Shadow 09s and Banned 11s. I can't imagine that you do because if you did, you'd realize the inanity of your statement.

2011 Banneds still reign supreme for me in terms of Breds, overall execution on those were beauts

You Done On Your Soapbox Now?

Personally I'm 32 And I'm More Than Happy To Pay The $179 Nike Asks For Me To Relive The Nostalgia Of My Childhood.

I Own Every Pair Of Black/Red AJ1's Released Since 1985 Other Than '94's And "Banneds" And With The Exception Of The Tumbled Leather On These, Am More Than Pleased With My Pairs From This Release. The Quality Has Improved Since Last Release Arguably, Shape Has Moved Closer To The 1994 Form, And Price Hasn't Changed In 3 Years......

In The End, Being A Happy Adult Is About Spending Your Hard Earned Money On What Makes YOU Happy And Not Worrying About How The Next Spends THEIRS :wink:

It's One Thing To Be Unhappy With The Perceived Value You're Getting Out Of These Remastered Releases And To Share Your Opinion My Dude. But Don't Sit Here And Try To Convince Me That I Need To Reevaluate How I Spend MY Money :lol:

And Damn Sure Don't Act Like Somehow Everyone Here Needs To Mature More In Order To Reach This Same Epiphany As You :rolleyes

Buy What You Like Homie, And If The Brand No Longer Satisfies Your a Needs/Wants.....

Keep It Moving

Friend I didn't say that you should reevaluate how *you* should spend *your* money; however I did say that there comes a time when we all want the maximum value for our dollar and when we realize that we aren't getting it, it can be disconcerting.

For some that comes earlier than others.

I just hope that everyone has that moment of clarity. Perhaps then Jb will do something about these pathetically constructed shoes. But as long as there are so many people acting as apologists for Jb and carrying their water, that won't happen. Whatever person that's running Jb right now is reading this thread and saying:

"how much cheaper can this shoe be made before it detaches at the seams? .90 cents cheaper? Ok, good. Do that and we're going to raise the price $20 on the next go round. These idiots will buy it anyway."

Last edited:
Friend I didn't say that you should reevaluate how *you* should spend *your* money; however I did say that there comes a time when we all want the maximum value for our dollar and when we realize that we aren't getting it, it can be disconcerting.

For some that comes earlier than others.

I just hope that everyone has that moment of clarity. Perhaps then Jb will do something about these pathetically constructed shoes. But as long as there are so many people acting as apologists for Jb and carrying their water, that won't happen. Whatever person that's running Jb right now is reading this thread and saying:

"how much cheaper can this shoe be made before it detaches at the seams? .90 cents cheaper? Ok, good. Do that and we're going to raise the price $20 on the next go round. These idiots will buy it anyway."
But you still purchased the shoes... Maybe you should practice what you preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom