THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

tbh i dont think that they will be able to get the shape back exactly like how it was in the early 2000s

to do that they will need the same equipment like what they had at the thailand factory
Agreed....it's like the "remastered" Jordans.

But man, they just need to take all the measurements from the best pairs in the early 2000s and mimic them as much as possible - give us the monster mudguard and give us the wrap on the toe cap and we're good.

But when the shape is back, people will need a new thing to complain about. So then they will  become....MATERIAL POLICE 

I completely agree. I'll be satisfied if they at least start making strides towards a better shape. A bigger mudguard and toe wrap would be a massive improvement IMO.

NB England made a huge improvement on the 1500 by simply removing an unnecessary "toe puff". That minor change has been well received in the NB community.

If Nike actually acknowledges the need for shape correction, we'll be on the right track.

Last edited:

Agreed....it's like the "remastered" Jordans.

But man, they just need to take all the measurements from the best pairs in the early 2000s and mimic them as much as possible - give us the monster mudguard and give us the wrap on the toe cap and we're good.
if Nike is smart they would take the moulds from the Ultra's or the HFs, it would save them a lot of money by doing that

It has been difficult to me to understand why there's an official air force one thread (even a foamposite thread) and no air max (1, 87 or what else) thread.

This thread should be a 1000 pages thread in the next years. I don't know a single person who doesn't love these air maxes.

BTW, not the best CWs for me, this time.

Funny, not a couple of years but close. Just over 5 years ago.
Edit- thought y'all might find that interesting

Last edited:
Funny, not a couple of years but close. Just over 5 years ago.
dude i dont know if you have noticed but that post that you have quoted

is from centuries ago that member is not even active here anymore on NT
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I do. It references a 1000 page thread in a couple of years, and y'all hit 1000 pages.

One of the first couple posts of the thread. Just happened to notice that it's at 1000 pages now and thought it was interesting is all.

@MadeInUSA84   I had Anthony and Jonathan also for my appointment - those dudes are super nice and so easy to work with. I've been contemplating making another pair, Jonathan kind of gave me the OK to make them via email/txt since I have been in there already had gone through the motions and already know what I wana do for my second pair. I think I'm just gonna wait it out though in hopes that with this new "shape" coming that the bespoke shape may improve as well.

I have spoken to my buddies who have been spot on with AM1 news in the past and they have also heard the same rumor from reliable sources that in 2017 the shape is supposed to improve.

But do NOT take my word for it - I am just relaying what I have heard from others, I'm just as skeptical as all of you haha.
Yeah, those two are great. My son (9 yo) and daughter (1 yo) came with me and those guys treated them like royalty. They were patient with my son explaining the entire process and giving him some sneaker knowledge. I will definitely be doing another pair. This pair was on Father's Day and the kids had input so I look forward to creating the next pair. 

Yeah, those two are great. My son (9 yo) and daughter (1 yo) came with me and those guys treated them like royalty. They were patient with my son explaining the entire process and giving him some sneaker knowledge. I will definitely be doing another pair. This pair was on Father's Day and the kids had input so I look forward to creating the next pair. 
That's so awesome man. Same thing happened with me - I went with my wife. We flew from Indiana to NY to do a little NYC trip and hang out in the city. My wife was starting to get little hungry and tired by the the third hour ( we ended up in there for nearly 4 hours) we were sitting back there and they offered her food and beverages and were extremely polite and nice to her. It was top notch service to say the very least.

I felt like they were dudes who I would actually kick it with on the weekend. 

been trying to find a pair of those patches in a sz13 for awhile now….

if anyone see's em i'd really appriciate a heads up….i check all the usual spots daily so i can't see how i've missed them if they've been listed.

Received my pair of flyknit air maxes today, does the toebox feel a tiny bit roomy for some of you?

Last edited:
Received my pair of flyknit air maxes today, does the toebox feel a tiny bit roomy for some of you?

Leave em in the car for a little bit, it'll tighten up - but it's a gamble if you leave them baking in there for too long haha

Idk about doing this on the AM1's because of the mudguard but I steamed the toe box on all my flyknit racers to get more of a fitted feel.

Leave em in the car for a little bit, it'll tighten up - but it's a gamble if you leave them baking in there for too long haha

Last edited:
@SingledOut

Did you order your Patta inspired iD's?
What all have you ordered other than the USA?

I am so tempted on making a pair of them.

Need some advice. I obviously know that I need to re-glue these down but could someone shed some light on the best products?

It's been years since I've tried doing any restoration but I'm not planning on getting rid of these.

And I already know that they need a good cleaning. :lol:

@SingledOut

Did you order your Patta inspired iD's?
What all have you ordered other than the USA?

I am so tempted on making a pair of them.

Only pair I have ordered are OG USA, and I will be ordering my OG Pattas tomorrow.

Decided to go straight OG on both pairs - so black sole on both. Contemplated trying to leave the back heel on the Pattas "blank" like on OG pair. But my only choice would be doing a " . " (period) on the back of each, hoping it would blend in with the heel since it's all flyknit but just decide to go with a navy Nike logo and just have it blend in with the navy/blue flyknit

So they'd both look like:

Ugh...the rendoring of the Patta IDs looks soooooo nice! I want to pull the trigger so badly on one, but I am waiting till the In person pictures come through. 

Lol all of NT bout to have the same two pairs of ID flyknits. 
smokin.gif

Need some advice. I obviously know that I need to re-glue these down but could someone shed some light on the best products?

It's been years since I've tried doing any restoration but I'm not planning on getting rid of these.

And I already know that they need a good cleaning.
laugh.gif
So I know Barge cement works well, and then ive seen people tie shoelaces around that part real tight until they dry.

I have never done it personally, but Ive seen it lol. Hope that helps in any way. 

@APlus18  most will say e600, but the latest craze is gorilla super glue because of how thin of a compound it is and how fast it dries.  i plan on using it when i swap some soles. 

Damb it sucks that even the bespoke a have that awful shape. Like the front of the shoe crashed head on into a wall.

Let's hope ALLL these sources about the 2017 models having the OG shape is true. Can't wait for the big bubble to come back

Ugh...the rendoring of the Patta IDs looks soooooo nice! I want to pull the trigger so badly on one, but I am waiting till the In person pictures come through. 

Lol all of NT bout to have the same two pairs of ID flyknits. 
smokin.gif
Dude worst case scenario....you send them back. I literally just sent back two HTM iDs last week - and one pair I wore! You have up to a year to return any iDs! You can mail them back or return them at any outlet or Nike store.

Just saying - you know you'll be kicking yourself if the options run out in the next few weeks like USA all because you were "waiting" to see them in person.

(I do realize at times Nike should be paying me for persuading others to spend their hard earned money on more shoes that are truly unnecessary)

Back
Top Bottom