THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So I know Barge cement works well, and then ive seen people tie shoelaces around that part real tight until they dry.

I have never done it personally, but Ive seen it lol. Hope that helps in any way. 

@APlus18
 most will say e600, but the latest craze is gorilla super glue because of how thin of a compound it is and how fast it dries.  i plan on using it when i swap some soles. 

Thanks for the input, fellas. Repped.

@APlus18  most will say e600, but the latest craze is gorilla super glue because of how thin of a compound it is and how fast it dries.  i plan on using it when i swap some soles. 
Was going to say I've used e6000 in the past....it does take some time to set. I always did it right before I went to bed so I knew it would be getting at least 6-8 hours of set time.

I'm getting ready to glue some patches on the back heel of a pair of 2007 iDs to cover up the iD tag that read "FOOD MAN"....yes it really says that. So maybe I'll try the gorilla glue for that this weekend and see.

Yeah, that gorilla glue is good stuff. I know you don't wanna use too much at all (as it expands as it dries). Also, misting a small amount of water onto the application and the glue itself will cause the glue to bond much quicker than normal.

Was going to say I've used e6000 in the past....it does take some time to set. I always did it right before I went to bed so I knew it would be getting at least 6-8 hours of set time.

I'm getting ready to glue some patches on the back heel of a pair of 2007 iDs to cover up the iD tag that read "FOOD MAN"....yes it really says that. So maybe I'll try the gorilla glue for that this weekend and see.

Yeah, that gorilla glue is good stuff. I know you don't wanna use too much at all (as it expands as it dries). Also, misting a small amount of water onto the application and the glue itself will cause the glue to bond much quicker than normal.

Thanks for the additional feedback.

singledout singledout :lol: Come on....you can't drop that comedy on us and not give the full story.

Thanks for the additional feedback.

@SingledOut
laugh.gif
Come on....you can't drop that comedy on us and not give the full story.
Haha well it's this pair, that I scored off ebay few weeks ago for the low, $60.

I knew buying them that they had the stupid iD, but I thought at $60 the shape is great and I really liked the colorway as well.

So...

I first attempted to take my little exacto knife and un-do all the stitching.

I think it took me about 20 minutes to "almost" get the letter "n" off. So I said f*ck that.

And decided to get these nice perfect oval sized patches to just stick riiiiight over the iD! 

I have no idea  what " FOOD MAN" means or what the dude was thinking haha- I always go with the classic nike logo on my iDs! I'll post pics of the final product this weekend. Overall they will be a $70 investment with about 30 minutes of labor I'm hoping haha. 

Last edited:
I dig the translucent sole with the logo, very jewel-esque 

Cork insole they clearly stole from my bespoke, taking fullllll credit on that 
wink.gif

Regular air max 1 is gone off Nike ID right now. Air max 90 just introduced waffle texture mesh. Perhaps the same coming for the 1? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Dude worst case scenario....you send them back. I literally just sent back two HTM iDs last week - and one pair I wore! You have up to a year to return any iDs! You can mail them back or return them at any outlet or Nike store.

Just saying - you know you'll be kicking yourself if the options run out in the next few weeks like USA all because you were "waiting" to see them in person.

(I do realize at times Nike should be paying me for persuading others to spend their hard earned money on more shoes that are truly unnecessary)

Man.....every single Nike doubt I ever have singledout clears up. Haha your right.

But financial I won't be able to. B days comin up, hopefully I get some gift cards or somethin.

And they definitely took the cork idea from you haha.

Man yeah those icy soles are so sick!! Love the Nike underneath

Quote:

lpu: needs a little cleaning up, but im glad i scored them. 
What did you pay for a beat up pair like that? Can you post pics after you've cleaned them up? Just curious how much can be done to a pair like that.

Last edited:

Quote:

What did you pay for a beat up pair like that? Can you post pics after you've cleaned them up? Just curious how much can be done to a pair like that.
i paid retail.  many will say its overpriced, especially for the condition, but these are not on my grail list like the hyperstrike would be, so i dont care to find these DS and have to pay 300+ for them.  for me its also about the chase, not just the condition of the sneaker.  as long as its wearable and in decent condition, im down for it. 

i paid retail.  many will say its overpriced, especially for the condition, but these are not on my grail list like the hyperstrike would be, so i dont care to find these DS and have to pay 300+ for them.  for me its also about the chase, not just the condition of the sneaker.  as long as its wearable and in decent condition, im down for it. 
Idk man that's not wearable in the pic imo. Post pics after you clean them up. I'm really interested to see how clean they come.

Idk man that's not wearable in the pic imo. Post pics after you clean them up. I'm really interested to see how clean they come.
if theyre not hella creased,  i can put them on my feet and not crumble, ima rock them.  each to his own.  i own a pair and you dont, so keep your imaginary DS hufs in your imaginary OG box and keep it moving.  i'll post pics when i clean them up the best i can. 

Last edited:

if theyre not hella creased,  i can put them on my feet and not crumble, ima rock them.  each to his own.  i own a pair and you dont, so keep your imaginary DS hufs in your imaginary OG box and keep it moving.  i'll post pics when i clean them up the best i can. 
haha no need to get all defensive man. Nobody is talking ds but that pair is f'in beat. Looks like my shoes I use to cut the grass. I'm really hoping they clean up well for you bc it's a sweet colorway and that's why I asked for pics. Wearing a beat up pair of shoes bc they used to be a nice pair is silly though imo. Beat is beat. Good luck on the clean up though.

haha no need to get all defensive man. Nobody is talking ds but that pair is f'in beat. Looks like my shoes I use to cut the grass. I'm really hoping they clean up well for you bc it's a sweet colorway and that's why I asked for pics. Wearing a beat up pair of shoes bc they used to be a nice pair is silly though imo. Beat is beat. Good luck on the clean up though.
nah im messing with you.  no beef.  but by your logic, you only roll in new cars, classic cars that have never been driven, or pristine restorations of classic cars?  i have a 91 mr2 3stge turbo in my drive way that im tryna restore.  i guess i should not get into that either because its been driven?  

Moving house so wanted to het these sorted before the move. Placed in somewhat color order, might move a couple and there are a few 90's stragglers in there. This was my collection size last year but then got robbed so glad to have it back where it was. Ill get back into buying older CW's when im in this house

nah im messing with you.  no beef.  but by your logic, you only roll in new cars, classic cars that have never been driven, or pristine restorations of classic cars?  i have a 91 mr2 3stge turbo in my drive way that im tryna restore.  i guess i should not get into that either because its been driven?  
Na man. I'm a Jeep guy. I love my 98 TJ. It's far from perfect and I take it deep into the woods camping so it has scratches on it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm not driving a hooptie rust bucket with holes in the seat though. There's a difference between being rough and beat. Those Hufs are currently dirty af but I think they could possibly clean up well. I've seen a couple I wanted to try it on but have never taken the gamble. So go clean the damn shoes so I can see how they turn out.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom