THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I posted a pair i bought in the last couple pages. I got them for $100 usd. I can post more pics for condition if that would help.
Thanks AMD! dblplay, I found them a few pages. Is that the size 11 someone from the FB group was selling? I actually just messaged that guy tonight and he said sold but I think 11 would be too tight - I most recently had 11.5 in a pair of 2013 am1s and they were a perfectly snug fit. The seller for the size 12 pair I posted the photos of was asking 100 euros+shipping to U.S.

Thanks AMD! dblplay, I found them a few pages. Is that the size 11 someone from the FB group was selling? I actually just messaged that guy tonight and he said sold but I think 11 would be too tight - I most recently had 11.5 in a pair of 2013 am1s and they were a perfectly snug fit. The seller for the size 12 pair I posted the photos of was asking 100 euros+shipping to U.S.
Yea I bought mine from Axel Robino. They were $110 usd shipped.

^^ i sold that dude a pair of forest greens way back when. ^^

@vinnuendo  for some reason, non hyperstrike hufs have decreased in price dramatically.  @dblplay1212  copped his for the low, and mine were 140.  the ones youre showing us are within of range of condition of both our pairs.  so i feel you have a little wiggle room with price.  

Appreciate the help, folks! If I pick em up, I'll post em up.

edit: any difference in sizing between older am1s and post-2012 am1s?

Last edited:
Do fogged up air units mean that the sole is close to crumbling? How can you determine at what point a sneaker can crumble by just looking at a pic?

Appreciate the help, folks! If I pick em up, I'll post em up.

edit: any difference in sizing between older am1s and post-2012 am1s?
Not that I've seen. You'll notice the heal is lower pre-2007 and there's more heel padding in all pre-2009 but sizing is the same.

Do fogged up air units mean that the sole is close to crumbling? How can you determine at what point a sneaker can crumble by just looking at a pic?

No. I've gotten years off of pairs (with visible air units) while periodically defogging them. 8)

But you can't always tell for sure just from pics unfortunately. :\

It's a pair by pair thing and risk will always be involved.

Last edited:
The air unit does need to be able to hold air though for a while....weeks....months w/o a defog.
I've had to defog wearable pairs a few times a year...older pairs can slowly decompress...

If you defog, and they're fogged back up by the next day - they're probably on their way out close to cracking or unwearable...

Last edited:
The air unit does need to be able to hold air though for a while....weeks....months w/o a defog.
I've had to defog wearable pairs a few times a year...older pairs can slowly decompress...

If you defog, and they're fogged back up by the next day - they're probably on their way out close to cracking or unwearable...
Best way to defog? I have some ds AM1 Leather Currys coming in and the air bubbles are completely fogged.

Wills came in.
2akmyyf.jpg

looking huferrific. best way is with a heat source.  theres a grip of videos.  its only temporary doe..

I set the hairdryer on high & point into a small plastic funnel as posted...with the small end pointing into the air unit...

this way you don't unnecessarily heat or dry what you don't have to of the midsole

I used hot water to defog..Worked fine for me , just dry the pair after

Thanks. Didn't think it was that easy. I always thought the fogging came from inside the air unit.

Back
Top Bottom