THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

IMG_0211.JPG

Got a mini pin wheel going after my 103s came in today. I haven't been this excited about a shoe pick up in a while.

It seems that Nike may have fixed the dip in the front of the midsole on the 103s. Which is what made the March Pinnacles and OG releases look off. What country were the 103s manufactured in compared to the pinnacles and the 100s?

If you're an avid collector of AM1s, slight shape/detail difference is noticeable. Hence why a number of people here are saying 100 > 103.
Most people won't notice or care though. Wearing my 103s right now as we speak! 100s are sitting on ice for special occasions.

It doesnt make a difference to me, if anything the dip in the front of the midsoles on the 100s make them look worse, as they seem to have fixed it on the 103s. I had the royals, and couldnt get over it, so I sold them.

Last edited:
It seems that Nike may have fixed the dip in the front of the midsole on the 103s. Which is what made the March Pinnacles and OG releases look off. What country were the 103s manufactured in compared to the pinnacles and the 100s?

It doesnt make a difference to me, if anything the dip in the front of the midsoles on the 100s make them look worse, as they seem to have fixed it on the 103s. I had the royals, and couldnt get over it, so I sold them.
I legit feel bad for you if something that minor bothered you so much that you sold your Royals.

I legit feel bad for you if something that minor bothered you so much that you sold your Royals.

Dont feel bad, I still have my Blue HOAs, so with not being happy with the anniversary's I couldnt justify the resell price I paid and just got my money back or almost all back.

I still have my Blue HOAs, so not being happy with them I couldnt justify the resell price I paid and just got my money back or almost all back.
You literally can't even see it on your foot. I just can't grasp not being happy with a shoe bc of something so minor that I or anyone else can even see when I'm wearing it.

Extreme pettiness

Im not being petty. It seems that some people think the 103s are inferior to the 100s, and to me they are not, and Im giving my reason. At the end of the day, all of it is subjective and relative to each persons taste. Dont take it as hate towards one shoe or the other.

Im not being petty. It seems that some people think the 103s are inferior to the 100s, and to me they are not, and Im giving my reason. At the end of the day, all of it is subjective and relative to each persons taste.
The slight difference in midsole isn't why they look sleeker though. It looks sleeker bc the mudguard is much smaller.

The slight difference in midsole isn't why they look sleeker though. It looks sleeker bc the mudguard is much smaller.

Thats fine, we have different opinions. No hate Brother. I would still buy the 100s for retail, dont get me wrong. I just dont want people to think that what they bought is inferior to a previous release. They both have their flaws, and its okay if you own either one or both.

Thats fine, we have different opinions. No hate Brother. I would still buy the 100s for retail, dont get me wrong. I just dont want people to think that what they bought is inferior to a previous release. They both have their flaws, and its okay if you own either one or both.
I have a friend named Luke that drives a beat Jeep Patriot. He makes good money and could easily afford to drive the same Grand Cherokee that I do. He says he likes his Patriot though. It'll never make sense to me or 98% of the rest of the world but it is what it is.

I'm going to start calling you Luke. :tongue:

Exactly. I don't get how some people can enjoy life being that picky about something so minor. To each their own though. I'll proudly wear the **** out of the 100s and 103s.

Maybe cause they appreciate things they are 100% for them 1000times more than orhers?!? Whatever! 100s vs 103s wtf???

Wasn't the rumor that Nike wasn't happy with the re-shape of the 100s? I thought it was discussed on here that they weren't happy with the final result and would continue to tweak it.

If you're an avid collector of AM1s, slight shape/detail difference is noticeable. Hence why a number of people here are saying 100 > 103.
Most people won't notice or care though. Wearing my 103s right now as we speak! 100s are sitting on ice for special occasions.
ditto.

This is why the 103s look sleeker than the 100s

IMG_2931.JPG.jpeg
A 2 minute search will find you more than 1 example of 103s with the same shape as this 100 pictured left.
Really has nothing to do with difference between the 2 releases, they're the same shoes, it's just quality inconsistency, and also a result of how shoes are manufactured.

Do another 2 minute search and you will also find 100s where that area is slightly lower/sleeker.

Back
Top Bottom