THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I saw this comment last night, about 10 minutes after I bought a pair of Currys off eBay. So, unfortunately, I went tts. Clearly I should’ve done more research. Looking at prior posts about Currys, it looks like this is a pretty common sentiment.

Ah well. If I can’t squeeze into them I’m sure I can move them, and then buy the correct size. Annoying, but lesson learned.

Price with coupon was pretty good, but not amazing (about $97).

Niiiiiiice cop. Curry the greatest of all time in my opinion. You're gonna love em!

Finally got these in hand.

Few things...

There's two different meshes on it. The collar and the little peek hole are different than the toe box.

The blue part of the mudguard and the orange/pink on the heel are a soft felt material. The striped mudguard feels more like a nubuck. It's definitely two different materials on the mudguard.

Few things...

There's two different meshes on it. The collar and the little peek hole are different than the toe box.

The blue part of the mudguard and the orange/pink on the heel are a soft felt material. The striped mudguard feels more like a nubuck. It's definitely two different materials on the mudguard.
overall impressions?
connect retail pricing or early pre-sale?

as long as they dont disappoint. will be picking these and the size exclusives up - something about that safari/mini swoosh combo.
Everyone is different so I don't want to say if they'll live up to your expectations or not. I'll just say it, they aren't Cherrywoods. That chenille swoosh and tongue are just next level. That doesn't mean this isn't a great shoe. I love that he used a white base and played with colors rather than textures. It's kind of the opposite of Cherrys where he went darker base and just bits of color but the materials were bonkers. This one the materials are more traditional but the colors are dope. I kinda wish he had done a chenille tongue on these but I get why he didn't want to. I'm really surprised he didn't put some type of logo on the tongue or heel though.

After reading that paragraph I feel like a big nerd. Shoes aren't that serious. But yea, it's a cool shoe.

Few things...

now that u have em
they worth the price??
or nah

Everyone is different so I don't want to say if they'll live up to your expectations or not. I'll just say it, they aren't Cherrywoods. That chenille swoosh and tongue are just next level. That doesn't mean this isn't a great shoe. I love that he used a white base and played with colors rather than textures. It's kind of the opposite of Cherrys where he went darker base and just bits of color but the materials were bonkers. This one the materials are more traditional but the colors are dope. I kinda wish he had done a chenille tongue on these but I get why he didn't want to. I'm really surprised he didn't put some type of logo on the tongue or heel though.

After reading that paragraph I feel like a big nerd. Shoes aren't that serious. But yea, it's a cool shoe.
I asked because I knew I'd get a thoughtful response. Thank you. Nerd away bruh!

You "finally" got them .. a week before they release! FINALLY! Haha

Congrats dblplay1212 dblplay1212 . I hope to be a proud owner, as well. We shall see if the SNKRS Gods bless me.

You "finally" got them .. a week before they release! FINALLY! Haha

Congrats dblplay1212 dblplay1212 . I hope to be a proud owner, as well. We shall see if the SNKRS Gods bless me.
Oh no, sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. I don't own these... yet. Just meant I finally got my hands on them. My local store got them in and I swung by to check them out. They won't sell anything early though. No fake flex here.

Oh no, sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. I don't own these... yet. Just meant I finally got my hands on them. My local store got them in and I swung by to check them out. They won't sell anything early though. No fake flex here.

Ah, gotcha! I did think it was odd that they weren't on your feet yet.

Soon enough, my friend. Soon enough.

AE42FFB1-4A00-4ABD-8A48-0B14ABB48249.jpeg
Aquas just came in to complete the anniversary collection.

Last edited:
They had a 15% coupon on ebay yesterday right? I'm not seeing it anymore. There was a couple of things I was keeping an eye on.

Few things...

Looks like they went with a similar mesh combo used on the OG’s and anniversaries.

Few things...

That would be what I meant by these having OG style mesh. Back when the pics first surfaced and I was trying to point out the positives while being blasted for liking them.

congrats on #1, now blow my mind by getting the f&fs lol

Did these drop on NDC already?

Back
Top Bottom