THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

A52BEBBB-D7AC-45A6-B217-C29E9C2A6D9D.jpeg
C556DD3E-5534-4EC3-8FA5-F2FD11C680C2.jpeg
99AD5DF6-BDB7-41A7-B110-2468FEDB6DE2.jpeg
665A1B0E-389C-4DC8-A66B-88CAEC143DE5.jpeg
E733102E-1E55-4218-8D4A-813C9614EF97.jpeg
Need these bad. @nonheinous you found these anywhere yet?

Regarding SW, his amd hybrid was cool, and his bespoke was ok. Both weren't worthy of the extreme amount of slurping that went on for them. Imo

I think my biggest pet peeve when it comes to sneakers is...

That if a regular old sneaker enthusiast comes up with that same design, the reception is Luke warm at best. But because it's SW, it's widely praised. Not sws fault though...he didn't create the game.

That's life though.

My second biggest pet peeve? Black hole sneakerheads.

where are made the recent crepes? always in China or in Indonesia perhaps? the sizing is like the others premium AM1? (for the sizing i think yes :wink: )

I believe than some recent pairs (especially womens) are made in Indonesia, that's why I ask

(personally i like a lot the obsidian it's a nice pair imo, perhaps my next pickup :tongue: )

Last edited:
Sean Wotherspoon is the human personification of what is wrong with "sneaker culture".
He's really not worth the energy it takes to think negatively about him. I don't like the store he and his associates run (speaking mainly of the NYC store) but he's nothing and no one new to this "sneaker culture." If your gripes are about how the 97/1 release was done, that's mostly on Nike, not him - little pawns like him don't mean **** to a giant company like nike.

Honestly, what bothers me is the pass that "OGs" get because they've been doing the same **** but they just so happened to be born earlier and have been doing it longer. Like good job, your parents ****ed 15 years before mine. I've seen folks get heated when round two posts full size runs before release dates, but when someone like croatianstyle does it, it's respect for the OG that's always been doing it.

I agree with you on that - I got into sneakers in the early 2000s and elitism is never a good thing. Especially concerning sneakers. This all just a couple of dudes and gals liking shoes.

I
Regarding SW, his amd hybrid was cool, and his bespoke was ok. Both weren't worthy of the extreme amount of slurping that went on for them. Imo

I think my biggest pet peeve when it comes to sneakers is...

That if a regular old sneaker enthusiast comes up with that same design, the reception is Luke warm at best. But because it's SW, it's widely praised. Not sws fault though...he didn't create the game.

That's life though.

My second biggest pet peeve? Black hole sneakerheads.
If the 1/97 had been released as just the AMD release and no name attached, I think it would have been just as big as it was. It being the AMD shoe gae it the hype, not him. I think the shoe made him famous, not the other way around. I'd never heard of the guy before the shoe. He benefited from the relationship 100x more than Nike did.

Last edited:
agreed ^ unless you had an instagram account or followed their youtube channel, you probably didn't know who Wotherspoon or what round two were.

Noto Noto I'm 24 and in my ~10 years of paying attention to this sneaker stuff, I've just seen the same trends and patterns recycled. Nike gives great quality for 3 years, takes it away for the next 5, then brings it back. Collabs are hot for two years (ronnie fieg asics in 2012-2013 are my fav example) and then the majority forgets. That's why I try not to get too worked up about it, it's the circle of sneakerhead life.

Really? smh no chance these release in men's sizing? I wish they were men's... I really really dig that colorway. Have any of you bought women's AM1's?
Insole says it's probably womens only. And yea I have lots of womens am1. I actually prefer the cut bc they are wider than mens. What size are you in mens? Just add 1.5 to womens. I'm a 10.5 in mens, so 12 womens.

Insole says it's probably womens only. And yea I have lots of womens am1. I actually prefer the cut bc they are wider than mens. What size are you in mens? Just add 1.5 to womens. I'm a 10.5 in mens, so 12 womens.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm a US men's 10 so 11.5? I'll be looking out for these!

Noto Noto I'm 24 and in my ~10 years of paying attention to this sneaker stuff, I've just seen the same trends and patterns recycled. Nike gives great quality for 3 years, takes it away for the next 5, then brings it back. Collabs are hot for two years (ronnie fieg asics in 2012-2013 are my fav example) and then the majority forgets. That's why I try not to get too worked up about it, it's the circle of sneakerhead life.
Patterns fading away and coming back is true, especially in fashion. Nikes extremely crappy quality is something that came about in 2007 I'd say - look at the neon marker Air Tech Challenge IIIs that came out that year (or 08, not so sure right now). Those, for me at least, are the point at which they mostly stopped giving a ****. After that they had the badly shaped Air Max 1 for almost 8 years. I don't think it's something nefarious in all honesty - it's just that Nike are extremely, extremely cheap and cut corners where they can. Adidas retros are almost always spot on but Nike is usually best with newer silhouettes. They only start changing stuff up if customers are extremely fed up and complain. That's also where older folks need to speak up and expose them for providing bad products.

I often posted this but I'm fine with modern day hype culture - hypebeast brands make stuff for hypebeasts who admit they are hypebeasts and embrace it. It was insufferable a couple of years ago when people pretended to be totally into basketball retros and Jordan/Pippen/Penny. It's just ****ed up when they try to promote once readily available sneakers as hot **** to young people by making them artificially scarce. Thank god that has stopped to some degree.

Will I have a chance in fitting the biggest woman’s size if I normally wear 11.5 in air max but could prob drop to an 11 or 10.75 :lol:

I

If the 1/97 had been released as just the AMD release and no name attached, I think it would have been just as big as it was. It being the AMD shoe gae it the hype, not him. I think the shoe made him famous, not the other way around. I'd never heard of the guy before the shoe. He benefited from the relationship 100x more than Nike did.
You're right. 100%

When I mentioned the shoes popularity being because it's a SW, it's kinda what I meant...the SW/amd/limited thing etc. If that same shoe releases as a gr, on a regular day, it would still be a good release...just not the sneaker of the year candidate it is/was. But same can be said for a lot of limited, hyped releases.

Back
Top Bottom