THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Not all off white are created equally, but I can think of more than a few that were fire...

The first zoom fly sps
Menta 97s
Desert ore 90s
The first AJ1s
The chuck Taylor’s with the strips on the midsole
White prestos
Black prestos with white midsole
Serena blazers

Just to name a few

The tinker 3 is a pass for me. Even though the replaceable swoosh is a nice touch but something about a Jordan 3 with a swoosh just doesn't sit right with me.
The Off-White Nikes to me were almost all great IMO. I love the deconstructed, "under Construction" feel. That being said they are still sneakers. i got lucky with early access to the OG presto's and sold them right away for $1.1k. I loved them...they were great...but i ain't sitting on shoes that are worth that much in the resale market.

the jordan 3 is more than an easy pass for me too, my last pair of jordan it was in 1995 or 1996... lol, and it was to play basketball (since no infidelity I wear only air max)

Last edited:
The Jordan 3 is probably my favorite shoe ever, and I actually like the Tinkers, but that AM1 colorway is an easy pass. Would rather just wear the AM1 og colorway.

Damn there was a pair of us11 Seersuckers on stockx for $200. I was doing a few things and they sold in the 5 minutes it took me to get back to buy them.

Every OW release is pure and utter trash so how about no to an OW AM1.
And that Fieg clown should stay away too. Or whatever hype designer that is hot hype now.

I'm a major hater of Virgil but the OG presto x OW are flames.

every single OW I've had I've sold to buy **** I'd wanna wear, the prestos would be the only pair I'd be pressed to part with

I'm a major hater of Virgil but the OG presto x OW are flames.

every single OW I've had I've sold to buy **** I'd wanna wear, the prestos would be the only pair I'd be pressed to part with

I dunno - that pair was an easy decision to offload for me.

Bought for retail. Wore like 5 times. Flipped for $1200 profit.

I dunno - that pair was an easy decision to offload for me.

Bought for retail. Wore like 5 times. Flipped for $1200 profit.

upload_2019-3-14_18-38-47.gif

Oh, and those Bi prices are on the Premium build slots for those Carhartt designs etc, not their every day bespoke customer shoes. Although ive never asked and to do you own design may well cost the same.

You can order your shoe any design you want, any material you want, and colour combo you want.

Not from whatever swatches they may have at any time.

Totally custom.

You can't compare suede on a shoe to suede in a ferrari. That's not a fair comparison. When you compare the suede on bespoke to any other suede in the sneaker industry, the bespoke suede is superior. Same with the nubuck. The other materials, ostrich, gator etc etc are all synthetic and/or embossed.

By that comparison bespoke suede is the "ferrari suede" of the sneaker industry.

Is the 1k price tag worth it? That's on each individual to decide.
I think you misunderstood my post. It wasn't a direct comparison it was context for my experience with a range of material quality.

My point is I wouldn't classify the bespoke suede as superior. I would say it's marginally better. Agree to disagree with you on that one since I don't think either one of us is going to change our minds.

To my point about construction to me it doesn't matter how good the material is if you don't even bother to try and have a matched nap from the left shoe to the right.
amCapture.JPG

I think you misunderstood my post. It wasn't a direct comparison it was context for my experience with a range of material quality.

My point is I wouldn't classify the bespoke suede as superior. I would say it's marginally better. Agree to disagree with you on that one since I don't think either one of us is going to change our minds.

To my point about construction to me it doesn't matter how good the material is if you don't even bother to try and have a matched nap from the left shoe to the right.
amCapture.JPG
Hard to compare those two. You can see the nap on the left bc of a dark background. Any nap on the right blends into the white background.

got a pair of air max 1 curry, and even after sizing up, they are tight as hell at the toe box. I'm new to air max 1s, are they supposed to be so tight? Will they break in or should I return?

got a pair of air max 1 curry, and even after sizing up, they are tight as hell at the toe box. I'm new to air max 1s, are they supposed to be so tight? Will they break in or should I return?

Length or width wise? Pause ...

For me, they felt a little snug width-wise, and I don’t have wide feet. Length was fine

Back
Top Bottom