THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I think if I could put in my retro-request, it would be of some of the 1998 SC Leather styles. There were so many released back then, but if I could chose a few, these would be it: 604005-163 (Varsity Red), 604028-171 (Maize), 604005-146 (Navy Blue), 604028-131 (Forest Green), 604028-104 (White/Grey Miniswoosh) and 604028-161 (Burgundy). Ideally (since we're fantasizing) done in nice thick and soft full grain leather (not the paper-thin split-leather with PU coating and backers that everything is nowadays). I may just have gotten myself slightly aroused.

Ugh the White/Grey 604028-104 Leather pair is an insane grail. I remember voting for these during voteback. I would love for nike to bring these back. As a GR please so I can grab 5

@singledout yes the first pair and the second pair are really nice and are my favourites! i love it!

effectively the last pair ("carhartt" duck canvas) is made by bespokeIND ( https://www.bespokeind.com.au/ ), that's why on top of the picture i wrote "not nike", yes super dope! more pics (see wave.fr link ):
une-nike-air-max-1-duck-canvas-creee-par-bespokeind.jpeg

materials look amazing (but price also is amazing lol, overpriced imo)
une-nike-air-max-1-duck-canvas-creee-par-bespokeind-6.jpeg

Photo+22-3-18,+2+27+26+pm.jpg

otherwise this pair is also really nice, same vibe as the second pair...
20180320_162051.jpg

:emoji_ok_hand:
Somebody's nike made one off carhartt
Screenshot_20190314-225356_Instagram.jpg

I think you misunderstood my post. It wasn't a direct comparison it was context for my experience with a range of material quality.

My point is I wouldn't classify the bespoke suede as superior. I would say it's marginally better. Agree to disagree with you on that one since I don't think either one of us is going to change our minds.

To my point about construction to me it doesn't matter how good the material is if you don't even bother to try and have a matched nap from the left shoe to the right.
amCapture.JPG
It's all good.

As an owner of 7 bespokes, in comparison directly to suede and nubuck on other high quality sneakers, bespoke is by far superior to others. In the grand scheme of available suedes worldwide? Maybe not. But, imo, to have experience with Lamborghinis and then say GTRs suck because Lamborghinis are awesome is a little unfair.

the suede bags bespokes come in are higher quality than most suede on sneakers. On the pair in your example, with a casual brushing of both with a soft bristle brush would match them. Some of my pairs were the same.

That issue is not really a material quality issue. It's more of a inventory storing issue imo. I.e. Scoring materials in a drawer on top of each other instead of hanging individually. 21m would gladly send that pair back to fix if you had an issue.

Respectfully of course

Last edited:
Length or width wise? Pause ...

For me, they felt a little snug width-wise, and I don’t have wide feet. Length was fine
Width wise, exactly. Also top-down they are smothering my toes. I could probably replace the insole, but I like the quality of the insole and would rather keep it in.

I can’t even do ID well. I can’t even imagine what $1K piece of trash I’d make with Bespoke. And when I do think I’m making something fire on ID, there’s always something missing that I want. With Bespoke, I think it would sensory overload; too much to take in at once. And no way could I finish in the time allotted. >D

It's all good.

As an owner of 7 bespokes, in comparison directly to suede and nubuck on other high quality sneakers, bespoke is by far superior to others. In the grand scheme of available suedes worldwide? Maybe not. But, imo, to have experience with Lamborghinis and then say GTRs suck because Lamborghinis are awesome is a little unfair.

the suede bags bespokes come in are higher quality than most suede on sneakers. On the pair in your example, with a casual brushing of both with a soft bristle brush would match them. Some of my pairs were the same.

That issue is not really a material quality issue. It's more of a inventory storing issue imo. I.e. Scoring materials in a drawer on top of each other instead of hanging individually. 21m would gladly send that pair back to fix if you had an issue.

Respectfully of course
All good over here too.

To be clear I don't think they suck. I just nike could do a little more to get them closer to 100%. I also accept that someone like me is not the target customer for these.

One of the pairs I seen in person had mismatched suede that brushing didn't help. You have more experience so I can accept that there's a good chance that brushing would fix those. Nike should probably be checking and brushing them before giving them to the customer, but hey.

Do the suede bags that come with them match the suede you put on the shoe?
Curious if you seen the suede on a pair of Common Projects? A coworker had a pair on last week and they looked pretty good. I've been meaning to go check them out to see if they're nice in general or if he just got a good pair.

Other things that would bother me....

Stitching spacing change after the turn
ams1.jpg

Stitching going left at the end
ams2.jpg

Bespoke Ind got stitching issues too
ambi1.jpg

Again that's just me. The owners of them probably don't even notice these things.

Other things that would bother me....

Stitching spacing change after the turn
ams1.jpg

Stitching going left at the end
ams2.jpg

Bespoke Ind got stitching issues too
ambi1.jpg

Again that's just me. The owners of them probably don't even notice these things.

Is this real life? Even with your comments i can't see what is wrong with any of these pictures. Feel like its one of those magic eyes where you stare and have to like cross your eyes while squinting and being upside down to have the image appear

These are now live on ndc GB. Was not aware of the black c/w. Hopefully this kicks off another good spring for GR AM1s, these are good.
Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 12.58.50.png
Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 12.59.07.png

i like the AH8145-014 black pair, for the winter/fall or rainy days they are perfect! and imo the shape on pics look good

and "leather" quarter panel it's cool! (is really leather?)

it's just missing to my taste white eyelets... i like to have the eyelet that match the swoosh and the nike air branding on the heel (like on the AH8145-009 pair :wink: )

PS: for me the stitching is perfect on the pics...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom