THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I feel like some of y’all are Seinfeld characters, where there’s a lot of talk about a lot of nothing. It makes for great entertainment. Please don’t take offense to this because I won’t get into World Wide Web feuds. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, we gotta do something to pass the time while we wait for our table at the Chinese restaurant

I think if I could put in my retro-request, it would be of some of the 1998 SC Leather styles. There were so many released back then, but if I could chose a few, these would be it: 604005-163 (Varsity Red), 604028-171 (Maize), 604005-146 (Navy Blue), 604028-131 (Forest Green), 604028-104 (White/Grey Miniswoosh) and 604028-161 (Burgundy). Ideally (since we're fantasizing) done in nice thick and soft full grain leather (not the paper-thin split-leather with PU coating and backers that everything is nowadays). I may just have gotten myself slightly aroused.
Pics matching your post

nike-air-max-1-leather-sc-varsity-red-1997-41-1.jpg

i.php.jpg

nike-air-max-leather-sc-jewel-1996-01.jpg

AIR-MAX-1-LEATHER-22FOREST-GREEN22-2.jpg

nike-air-max-leather-grey-white-mini-swoosh-1998-01.jpg

AIR-MAX-1-LEATHER-22BURGUNDY22-2.jpg

All good over here too.

To be clear I don't think they suck. I just nike could do a little more to get them closer to 100%. I also accept that someone like me is not the target customer for these.

One of the pairs I seen in person had mismatched suede that brushing didn't help. You have more experience so I can accept that there's a good chance that brushing would fix those. Nike should probably be checking and brushing them before giving them to the customer, but hey.

Do the suede bags that come with them match the suede you put on the shoe?
Curious if you seen the suede on a pair of Common Projects? A coworker had a pair on last week and they looked pretty good. I've been meaning to go check them out to see if they're nice in general or if he just got a good pair.
The bags suede is different. Not long haired.

Last edited:
Other things that would bother me....

Stitching spacing change after the turn
ams1.jpg

Stitching going left at the end
ams2.jpg

Bespoke Ind got stitching issues too
ambi1.jpg

Again that's just me. The owners of them probably don't even notice these things.
dont torture yourself like that man. i am sure that there are very few sneakers in the universe that dont have an imperfection or 2.

Here’s my Fall 2015 Bespokes (been nearly 4 years this fall since I made these damn things) to show materials upclose; sidepanel in vesuvio suede and thick canvas swoosh outlined in pebble leather.

Wanted chenille swoosh but they didn’t offer the material, but the canvas still looks dope since it pops out pair almost like chenile.

791E26A9-C690-4123-AAC2-856B24C780DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom