THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I don't think they're 'vaulting' AM1s, just back-burner'ing them for the AM90 30th anniv. I predict we'll probably see 8-10 total releases over the next 14 mos or so, including all GRs, limiteds and collabs.

Does anyone have pix of the 'university gold' AM1s with the red lace swap to make them look like Bruce Lee themed? I'm debating on copping them and would like to see some pix. Thanks in advance!

Man, have the Toddler Wotherspoon’s always been this high?

Never paid attention to them but my wife and I are expecting our little girl to arrive next month.

Man, have the Toddler Wotherspoon’s always been this high?

Never paid attention to them but my wife and I are expecting our little girl to arrive next month.
Yea it's pretty dumb. Retail was $100 and they were about $200 right after release and gave climbed since then. I got lucky on a 4 on snkrs and man she wore it so much right when she started walking bc they match everything. Do not do a 2. She'll rarely wear shoes in that size so it's a waste. Not saying to not buy any 2s, just dont waste $300 on a 2. I've been fighting the urge but I'll probably break down and buy her a 7 for her 2nd bday next month.

If there’s any advice I can give when it comes to toddler shoes, don’t pay retail or anything over it. In the beginning, I was doing it heavy for my two little ones then when you realize how fast they’re growing - they either wore it less than 3x or your significant other decides to buy clothes that don’t work with the shoes at all.

Long story short, I buy discounted shoes for my kids - always searching online Hibbet, eBay, Mercari, etc. I know we want our kids to be in the same heat we have but honestly they’re either not going to be in them long or going to destroy them.

For those TL:DR - just buy your kids shoes cheap if you can. At one point, they’re going to prefer the light up sneakers then the heat you’re getting them lol

Yea it's pretty dumb. Retail was $100 and they were about $200 right after release and gave climbed since then. I got lucky on a 4 on snkrs and man she wore it so much right when she started walking bc they match everything. Do not do a 2. She'll rarely wear shoes in that size so it's a waste. Not saying to not buy any 2s, just dont waste $300 on a 2. I've been fighting the urge but I'll probably break down and buy her a 7 for her 2nd bday next month.

Eff that, don’t support these resellers.

Get that 529 / savings acct started if you haven’t already.

I’m not one to tell others what to do with their money because it’s just that, YOUR money but just a suggestion for child/children’s future

If there’s any advice I can give when it comes to toddler shoes, don’t pay retail or anything over it. In the beginning, I was doing it heavy for my two little ones then when you realize how fast they’re growing - they either wore it less than 3x or your significant other decides to buy clothes that don’t work with the shoes at all.

Long story short, I buy discounted shoes for my kids - always searching online Hibbet, eBay, Mercari, etc. I know we want our kids to be in the same heat we have but honestly they’re either not going to be in them long or going to destroy them.

For those TL:DR - just buy your kids shoes cheap if you can. At one point, they’re going to prefer the light up sneakers then the heat you’re getting them lol
You should start a kids shoes deals thread. Serious.

Eff that, don’t support these resellers.

Get that 529 / savings acct started if you haven’t already.

I’m not one to tell others what to do with their money because it’s just that, YOUR money but just a suggestion for child/children’s future
I get what you're saying but her 529 is already funded and will be enough for a Dr program on 7% compound growth so she's set there. Opted for 529 over the Florida prepaid so she's not locked into school here. And she loves her SW. We had to put them at the top of her closet bc she kept grabbing those well after they were too small for her. And she loves shoes. She picks out mine and my wife's daily. She will grab a pair and bring then to us and say "shoosh shoosh shoosh" until we put them on. We're taking her to Disney for her bday and they match the fit my wife bought her so yea some reseller can have my money and that'll be my bday gift for her.

I get what you're saying but her 529 is already funded and will be enough for a Dr program on 7% compound growth so she's set there. Opted for 529 over the Florida prepaid so she's not locked into school here. And she loves her SW. We had to put them at the top of her closet bc she kept grabbing those well after they were too small for her. And she loves shoes. She picks out mine and my wife's daily. She will grab a pair and bring then to us and say "shoosh shoosh shoosh" until we put them on. We're taking her to Disney for her bday and they match the fit my wife bought her so yea some reseller can have my money and that'll be my bday gift for her.

I guess there’s more to it - especially if they’re making moments and memories like that, that’ll outweigh the cost of the shoes.

Disney July 2020 for our daughter here. Looking forward to it. She’s already talking about it.

Hope I didn’t come off in a wrong way, just when it comes to kids, I always think what can we do now to help them with the future. Obviously you have (not to say everyone hasn’t ) and that’s great.

I guess there’s more to it - especially if they’re making moments and memories like that, that’ll outweigh the cost of the shoes.

Disney July 2020 for our daughter here. Looking forward to it. She’s already talking about it.

Hope I didn’t come off in a wrong way, just when it comes to kids, I always think what can we do now to help them with the future. Obviously you have (not to say everyone hasn’t ) and that’s great.
Yea for sure. Sometimes it's hard to balance. Definitely want to secure their future but I want to enjoy the present too bc tomorrow is never guaranteed. I know it may sound weird but we lost our family dog last week so I've spent a week of thinking, while we gave him a great life and he did way more than most dogs, I still have regrets on not doing this and that with him. So yea right now I'm thinking more about today than the future.

I always thought buying sneakers for kids is a huge waste of money. It's one thing if they are older and actually like/want the shoes, but as toddlers they aren't going to care/remember.

I always thought buying sneakers for kids is a huge waste of money. It's one thing if they are older and actually like/want the shoes, but as toddlers they aren't going to care/remember.

When my son was young I would buy him shoes I thought were cool, but he only wanted to wear the ones that were easiest for him to put on and take off by himself, and for some reason none of the coolest kicks are made with velcro straps...

Yea, I don’t plan on buying any other “heat” shoes for her. Just the Wotherspoon’s if the price is right since those are currently my favorite of my collection.

I hope none of my kids ever get into collecting shoes. Don’t get me wrong I love it, but I just wouldn’t want them to go down the same rabbit hole.

LPU from End
20190912_193330.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom