THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Found these in the Nike clearence store yesterday for 69.99....

Attachments

• 20220925_202420.jpg
    20220925_202420.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 779
Found these in the Nike clearence store yesterday for 69.99....
Was watching a "Wear Testers" video the other day and Chris/Nightwing was talking about how it's becoming easy for us to cop like how it used to be and said "It's ours again."

.......I felt that.

Feel bad for kids these days because I was able to go years buying only steals I could find on the hash walls and at discount stores. But, everything was resell candy the past few years. I can't imagine what it's like for young sneaker heads these days when Stock X is the new Footlocker. Hopefully it stays this way for a while and better shoes are easier to get like it used to be.

length and brand?
I did the same thing? Amazon?

I actually got these laces for my intended diy project on the dirty denims but I knew I would never get around to it because I just don't like changing a sneaker from it's original design even if that's what they want you to do. So I sold them and was about to return the laces to Amazon but swapped them into my hemps and they look better on them they they did on my dirty denims.

Wasn't planning on getting kasinas at all, but saw the grey pair for $200 shipped the same day that Alaskans got our pfd (free money for living in the state, it was $3,200 this year) checks so I had to do it.

Been trying not to buy shoes lately but that's now the 5th pair I've got on the way, I think?

White Pattas, Anniversary blocking yellow, hemps, denims, and Kasinas does indeed make 5. Okay, NOW I'm done for a while (unless IDs come back,of course).
You've probably been asked this there a million times but.....how do you manage being a sneaker enthusiast in Alaska? I'm in Michigan and the winters here definitely inhibit my rotation. Late May to Early November is the best. We might make it to Thanksgiving. But, once snow hits it gets rough. Especially for most air max 1s unless they have a leather/patent leather mudguard. Between rain/mud/snow/salt, it's not a matter of how will they get ruined but when. Unless you just don't care at all about your sneakers getting super beat. Personally, I wear everything. But I'm still cleaning after every wear, even the soles. Once made the mistake of skipping that step with a pair I wore to an outdoor Christmas event. No snow but a lot of salt. There then in the box until that spring only to find the nastiest salt stains that refused to be eradicated.

Thanks Guys. Im going to keep them that way. The laces are from Slickieslaces. They are the Travis scott sb dunk thick rope laces in cream in 140m length.
Please do. Not sure what people are hating on. I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of these reactions were over the top. It was a rope lace swap on a hemp shoe, for crying out loud 😂. It definitely fits the aesthetic. They reacted like you tie dyed the mud guard or something. If anything, at $180 these laces and a pair of teal laces should have came with the release as lace swap options.

I just look at the bottom of my crepe hemp… it looks like i didn’t wear them a whole day… !
That's one of the reasons why I copped. I was going to pass at first because they are so different than the OG's. But, while I love Clarks. I hate how dirty the crepe sole gets and how it naturally creeps up turning the sole black and it's really nothing you can do about it. But there are Wallabee 2s that have a similar outsole to the hemps and they act the same way. You can wear for days and they don't hold dirt nearly at all. Doesn't matter to a lot of people. But, I clean my kicks after every wear. I don't understand how people can wear kicks all day and out them back in the box with gunk and rocks all in the soles. Plus, if you need to sell or trade, having your kicks already cleaned makes that process alot easier.

Reactions: 907
They are narrow but long so if you half up the shoes are going to be camel toeing in no time which just looks terrible!
I would say stick to your Concpts and Patta sizing and let them break in a bit of possible.
It depends on your rotation. I almost always half size up in my air max 1s. I can fit my TTS 11 but, I rotate my kicks too much to get enough wear to break them in. So, I need out of the box comfort and a half size up works well. Nothing worse than shoes you love being uncomfortable. No heel slip either because I rarely loose lace my AM1s.

Back
Top Bottom