THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Magmas for work today

EE1AFD7E-18D7-43FE-8E1B-B4964B918631.jpeg

My SNKRS pair just landed. Left shoe is good, right shoe has something similar to yours, though not quite as bad. Whole right toe box is somewhat wrinkled up. These are going back, I don't care enough about them to settle for a shoe I'm not 100 percent happy with. Bummer, but oh well, I'll stick with my stash of infrared AMIIIs from two years ago to scratch my OG-style retro AM itch.
Mine isn't THAT bad but I'm in a similar predicament. Right shoe looks like it's been tried on. There's a crease in the right toe box and the right mudguard is a bit wrinkled in places. They don't look as bad on foot. But durability, crease resistance, being easy to clean and generally aging well are what I love most about Air Max 1s. I'm not sure how this pair will hold up in any of those categories.

Last post about this, for the ones that asked. Adjustable shoe tree, steamer. Apply steam to toe area for a few mins, grab shoe tree extend it to the max size and shove in. Keep adding steam, and just let the shoe dry while keeping the shoe tree in.

20230330_213754.jpg

Definitely see your point on shape delta in these pics. For me, I can appreciate both (I don't have the '17s though). If the BB is true to the OG at that time, I like it that way, but if I had to choose just based on aesthetics (assuming comfort is the same), it would be tough, but your '17s there would probably win. For some of the pics previously, definitely not a fan. Famous Nike QC at work again.

All in all I do really like the BBs, they're just different enough and I love the big bubble obviously. They look clunky and clumsy on a side by side comparison with 17s but they still look great on foot and its not so noticable. Some of the other shape concerns like the low mudguard and the bigger midsole and heel dont bother me so much.

I've bought AM1s shaped like these AND paid resale for em so I'm definitely not mad at the BBs.

p_8235286_42139261_43170.jpg

Mine isn't THAT bad but I'm in a similar predicament. Right shoe looks like it's been tried on. There's a crease in the right toe box and the right mudguard is a bit wrinkled in places. They don't look as bad on foot. But durability, crease resistance, being easy to clean and generally aging well are what I love most about Air Max 1s. I'm not sure how this pair will hold up in any of those categories.

I'm bummed out I need to get rid of them but all I'll see when I look down is this janky toe on the right shoe. No one else would even notice, I'm sure, but I do/would. Thankfully, as cool as AM1s are, they've just never been one of my all-timers, so it's far less of a letdown to me than it would be on certain other models. Who knows, maybe they'll restock and I'll get lucky again. I don't care enough right now to pay resale, that's for sure.

I'm bummed out I need to get rid of them but all I'll see when I look down is this janky toe on the right shoe. No one else would even notice, I'm sure, but I do/would. Thankfully, as cool as AM1s are, they've just never been one of my all-timers, so it's far less of a letdown to me than it would be on certain other models. Who knows, maybe they'll restock and I'll get lucky again. I don't care enough right now to pay resale, that's for sure.
Janky toes on am1 is nothing new unfortunately..

no soleswap but lace swap tho 👀

Good eye!
Pikachu Magnify.gif

Speaking of eyes/vision... I need some assistance, as I'm having difficulty identifying the true color of the outsole on these WMNs AM1s from 2018:

Is it a Light to Medium Grey or a very faint light Blue?! The color description is throwing me off, as it mentions Oil Grey and Obsidian Mist lol

AT5248-001

Here are the images I've gathered:
40720465_152_d_500.jpg

DxM7WhEUYAAVgQa.jpg

festay.jpg

m_60779d86c32ee6501b5fc2b3.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

p_30643316_174422446_156582.jpg

Good eye!
Pikachu Magnify.gif

Speaking of eyes/vision... I need some assistance, as I'm having difficulty identifying the true color of the outsole on these WMNs AM1s from 2018:

Is it a Light to Medium Grey or a very faint light Blue?! The color description is throwing me off, as it mentions Oil Grey and Obsidian Mist lol

AT5248-001

Here are the images I've gathered:
40720465_152_d_500.jpg

DxM7WhEUYAAVgQa.jpg

festay.jpg

m_60779d86c32ee6501b5fc2b3.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

p_30643316_174422446_156582.jpg
I think it's somewhere in between, light grey with a slightly blue tint.

Back
Top Bottom