THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Janky toes on am1 is nothing new unfortunately..
On this one shoe for my pair, it’s not just a crease in the felt from being pressed on somewhere along the way. It’s the way they glued it to the rubber outsole toe bumper. It’s like the bumper is pressed in too far, causing a little bulge and a crease. I had the same problem on a pair of Photon Dust Trainer 1s. It’s not something I can reduce by stuffing the toes or even ironing them. Most people wouldn’t even care, but I do LOL
Sold them on SX. Made $10. I’ll take it as a small payment for my consternation. Exact same amount of effort to ship them to SX as it is to ship them back to Nike, so I figured I may as well get $10 for my trouble and disappointment 🤣

On this one shoe for my pair, it’s not just a crease in the felt from being pressed on somewhere along the way. It’s the way they glued it to the rubber outsole toe bumper. It’s like the bumper is pressed in too far, causing a little bulge and a crease. I had the same problem on a pair of Photon Dust Trainer 1s. It’s not something I can reduce by stuffing the toes or even ironing them. Most people wouldn’t even care, but I do LOL
Sold them on SX. Made $10. I’ll take it as a small payment for my consternation. Exact same amount of effort to ship them to SX as it is to ship them back to Nike, so I figured I may as well 🤣
I had some 90s recraft with the snubnose toe and got it to pop out with an iron, a very wet towel, and shoetree maxed out as far as it could fit.

I had some 90s recraft with the snubnose toe and got it to pop out with an iron, a very wet towel, and shoetree maxed out as far as it could fit.
I know what you mean but the problem is there’s too much material bunched up and glued to the rubber toe piece that way. Believe me, if I could fix it I would. Honestly I’m not even that bent about it. I like these a lot but it’s not a shoe I’m losing sleep over. The fact I’m not bothered enough to be actively looking for another pair tells me I’m ultimately better off just saving the money. God knows I have more than enough shoes to wear as is :lol:
I’m at a point where I often question why I’m even buying more shoes, other than true “grails” to me. I’m fine with taking an L on these. Who knows, I may circle back when all is said and done.
To that end, if anyone kind has a sz11 and is willing to send ‘em my way for retail+shipping, please DM me.

Last edited:
My double up pair from Sundays drop arrived yesterday 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

I like that Nike is back to using good boxes and not the peekaboo collapsible boxes 👍🏽

Just waiting on my wife’s pair to arrive… got the dreaded “We didn’t forget about your order” the other day…

F25291A4-6489-4B79-8DA1-7FC88394830C.jpeg

Last post about this, for the ones that asked. Adjustable shoe tree, steamer. Apply steam to toe area for a few mins, grab shoe tree extend it to the max size and shove in. Keep adding steam, and just let the shoe dry while keeping the shoe tree in.

20230330_213754.jpg
Turned out great. Def doing that, If I actually find a pair that is.

Last post about this, for the ones that asked. Adjustable shoe tree, steamer. Apply steam to toe area for a few mins, grab shoe tree extend it to the max size and shove in. Keep adding steam, and just let the shoe dry while keeping the shoe tree in.

20230330_213754.jpg

I am going to do this to my Golf 86's so I have a quick question.

After you completed this process, how much did the shoe stretch in length?

I'm bummed out I need to get rid of them but all I'll see when I look down is this janky toe on the right shoe. No one else would even notice, I'm sure, but I do/would. Thankfully, as cool as AM1s are, they've just never been one of my all-timers, so it's far less of a letdown to me than it would be on certain other models. Who knows, maybe they'll restock and I'll get lucky again. I don't care enough right now to pay resale, that's for sure.
Yeah, I sold mine last night. Got my money back minus a few bucks. Toe box being crumpled up is such a let down because I really liked these. But Im not even excited to wear them and with my double-up on the AJ3s reimagined I know I'll probably wear those alot more.

Last edited:
All in all I do really like the BBs, they're just different enough and I love the big bubble obviously. They look clunky and clumsy on a side by side comparison with 17s but they still look great on foot and its not so noticable. Some of the other shape concerns like the low mudguard and the bigger midsole and heel dont bother me so much.

I've bought AM1s shaped like these AND paid resale for em so I'm definitely not mad at the BBs.

p_8235286_42139261_43170.jpg

That toe is astonishing!

That’s not true. Pairs were released, but the had to be changed because of material problems back in the 80s. Now with better materials we are getting them the way they were meant to be. I’ll wear these and it will be glorious. Can’t wait. 😎
How is it that everyone constantly talks about how much better the materials on shoes were back then, which they were clearly. Including ALL shoes with air max bubbles being drastically bigger than what they are are now, but suddenly a few of you are saying they had to change them because of material problems back then but now we have “ better “ materials. ?

Back
Top Bottom