THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

No he didn't.

He HAD to remake them from all the issues with the huge bubble back then, and the subpar materials they had access to which couldn't support it.
The materials were FAR better back then then what are being used on shoes today lol literally every single air max model back in the late 80s and all throughout the 90s and even into the early 2000s ALL had MUCH a bigger bubbles than what we have now or have had for the last decade + . What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense .

I always forget about this shoe, thanks for the reminder @Majorbread

A5EAB1D5-83AD-4592-B283-8BA3A43462B2.jpeg

B02FE3D8-7872-4052-9553-0E7560E84786.jpeg
Air Max 1: Home Depot?

Okay so he drew up some designs and they released for a little while that way but tell me this. What have they looked like for the last oh I don’t know . 37 years ? Lol

What are you even saying? :lol:

You wrote that Tinker didn't design these. And you are wrong. Plain and simple.

Stop trying to get out of it. Folks already forgot about your silly post but here you are digging up stuff from weeks ago. You had already escaped. :lol:

The materials were FAR better back then then what are being used on shoes today lol literally every single air max model back in the late 80s and all throughout the 90s and even into the early 2000s ALL had MUCH a bigger bubbles than what we have now or have had for the last decade + . What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense .

You're lost. Why do you think AM 87's even exist? It's because of the exact reason you quoted from me. This is coming from Nike's own mouth. :lol:
In general, materials back then were better. We all know this. But you're confusing materials with technology.

For this specific instance, NIKE confirmed themselves that the material (tech) in and around the air bubble was not surviving as they hoped, thus they had to change things and decrease the air bubble size. Now in 2023, they figured out how to make it work.

Last edited:
How is it that everyone constantly talks about how much better the materials on shoes were back then, which they were clearly. Including ALL shoes with air max bubbles being drastically bigger than what they are are now, but suddenly a few of you are saying they had to change them because of material problems back then but now we have “ better “ materials. ?

You're confusing materials with technology and with structural aspects of a shoe.

Outside aspects of a shoe (leathers, felts, suedes, etc.) were better (for the most part) back then, but this is a whole other issue that's going over your head.

How is it that everyone constantly talks about how much better the materials on shoes were back then, which they were clearly. Including ALL shoes with air max bubbles being drastically bigger than what they are are now, but suddenly a few of you are saying they had to change them because of material problems back then but now we have “ better “ materials. ?
Lord help me.

I doubled up on BB. One pair had a left shoe with a SLIGHT discolor in the mesh in the toe. I

I just received my pair from SNKRS and have what appears to be two small discolored stains on the left shoe. I don’t know if I should attempt to remove the stains or just return the pair. Other than that, these did come out nice.

I think there’s some confusion on “materials” and the use of the word here. Regardless of bubble size the structural integrity of AM’s retro or original, did not pop/break with temp changes after reducing the length of the bubble following the busted pairs in the first few months.

So we’re not talking about suede, mesh, leather quality materials, we’re talking about the composition of the midsole and outsole. They definitely aren’t lying they spent 3 years reworking the shoe, even if it’s exaggerated how much went into this retro.

Factory technology and molding technology has improved too. Nike’s QC blows but in general terms their production process is vastly superior to the 80’s and the volume they’re producing is astronomically larger. The BB was basically a beta for the entire air max unit and like many first gen technologies, it wasn’t up to snuff despite being a game changer.

Back
Top Bottom