THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

If it's the article I'm thinking of, he just talked about the collecting/addiction side of it, not the "culture" of it. Dudes write articles about collecting stamps, that doesn't make stamp collectors a culture. The spectrum of people that like sneakers is just too broad for it to be a culture imo. I view sneakers as an interest that some people from all cultures like, but not a culture in and of it itself.

Really not trying to go back and forth with it. If someone wants to feel they are a part of some culture, go for it. I just don't feel that need. I'm just a guy that likes sneakers. Nothing more.

I'd generally agree with this.

I think there are pockets of communities in the larger Sneaker hobby.
I see a dude walk by in Jordans or Yeezys, I don't think or say "ya, we're part of the same community"
But I see someone in pre-2008 AM1s, I'd give a nod of approval and there's a feeling that we're of like mind/interest.

How people define culture varies as well. Imo, a culture (hip hop culture) for example started and continues to include graffiti, DJs, breaking, MCs, fashion etc... and the fact that people from different backgrounds can come together and find common ground within the core elements.

Imo sneakers has some of the same elements...NT being the "meet up" etc etc...But it could be a sub culture as well? Either way, there are some real sneaker geniuses here that can talk about sneakers all day. There are guys that are tired of the norms and are looking for what's next. Black, white, Asian, Jewish, Muslim, Republican, Democrat...can all find common interest in sneakers...and differences in preference in laces, dubrae, brands, etc...even how to wear your jeans with specific pairs.

I'd generally agree with this.

I think there are pockets of communities in the larger Sneaker hobby.
I see a dude walk by in Jordans or Yeezys, I don't think or say "ya, we're part of the same community"
But I see someone in pre-2008 AM1s, I'd give a nod of approval and there's a feeling that we're of like mind/interest.
haha yea I do the same. It's rare, but I do notice when I see it and it does let me know we have a similar interest. idk I just think of "culture" as something bigger than an interest. Seeing a guy in a pair of HOA's doesn't tell me anything else about that person. I can't assume anything else based on that.

How people define culture varies as well. Imo, a culture (hip hop culture) for example started and continues to include graffiti, DJs, breaking, MCs, fashion etc... and the fact that people from different backgrounds can come together and find common ground within the core elements.

Imo sneakers has some of the same elements...NT being the "meet up" etc etc...But it could be a sub culture as well? Either way, there are some real sneaker geniuses here that can talk about sneakers all day. There are guys that are tired of the norms and are looking for what's next. Black, white, Asian, Jewish, Muslim, Republican, Democrat...can all find common interest in sneakers...and differences in preference in laces, dubrae, brands, etc...even how to wear your jeans with specific pairs.
Definitely agree with this. I may have a broader idea of what defines a culture.

Damn, TD have a Nike day sold out?

Ugh, can’t remember why I was holding out either :smh:

Today: surprisingly still holding up.
IMG_20190227_075800.jpg

I like em.

if you don't mind me asking (and if its not too much trouble), anyway you can do a side by side with the womens obsidian pair?

I didnt jump on these b/c I felt the only thing that differentiated the two were the eyelet, liner and the airbag.

if you don't mind me asking (and if its not too much trouble), anyway you can do a side by side with the womens obsidian pair?

I didnt jump on these b/c I felt the only thing that differentiated the two were the eyelet, liner and the airbag.
Women's obsidian has the fine felt like og reds. These have the rough suede like the Watermelons and the other pairs last year.

I kind of regret getting rid of my women's obsidians..they didn't seem great in hand though

One of my ex girls is expecting (not mine ha).. Wanna get her a pair of AM1 for new arrival but no clue about sizing... If the kid was to wear them at 6 months or so what size should I get?

Back
Top Bottom