THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Those were the restocks.

Had an issue with that pair but that’s a long story and that was more on my part for catching it so late.

MUCH APPRECIATED, Sir!

Are those the initial Anni’s or the restocks? The mudguard on those looks great!

The habaneros look orange to me. I really didn’t care for the color or the shoe overall. Haven’t had the urge to put them on at all. I would snap a pic but doubt it would capture the color correctly. The color looks nothing like the anniversaries, unfortunately.

What do you think of the habaneros? Been kinda debating with myself if i should cop since anniversaries are more expensive.

You can still get the Red Anni’s - check FNL, FTL, Champs & also End Clothing

There’s a difference between the pairs as far as colors and materials go - the red, the mesh toebox, the tongue and the upper heal to name a few. definitely a good consolation prize if you can’t come across the Red OG’s for a good price.

In that comparison I posted, the Habanero’s were a Sz 12 which I eventually sent back. After responding to illustrayt illustrayt post, I went to SX to place a bid $1 higher than the current on a W11.5 and sure enough if it got accepted lol

Just happy I got free shipping with it. I want to keep from beating up my Red OG’s, so these will do.

Been keeping an eye on the anniversaries online, trying to hunt down a 13.

Champs has two sizes available rihgt now.....

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 8.53.00 AM.png

Literally the size below and above what I need. Unreal lol

pmtotheam pmtotheam

I’m a sz13 as well and pretty confident I could rock the restock og red anniversaries in a sz12.5.

If the price is right I’d go for it if I was you

I may just try that. I've tried on a 12.5 before in different colorways and they were usually too snug for my liking, but maybe these are different. I'm still going to keep an eye out for a 13 at retail, I've seen them pop up on a couple Euro sites but I'd like to pay as little as possible lol

I may just try that. I've tried on a 12.5 before in different colorways and they were usually too snug for my liking, but maybe these are different. I'm still going to keep an eye out for a 13 at retail, I've seen them pop up on a couple Euro sites but I'd like to pay as little as possible lol

Have you happened to see a 12 or 12.5 anywhere else by chance? :ohwell:

-Drew

You can still get the Red Anni’s - check FNL, FTL, Champs & also End Clothing

There’s a difference between the pairs as far as colors and materials go - the red, the mesh toebox, the tongue and the upper heal to name a few. definitely a good consolation prize if you can’t come across the Red OG’s for a good price.

In that comparison I posted, the Habanero’s were a Sz 12 which I eventually sent back. After responding to illustrayt illustrayt post, I went to SX to place a bid $1 higher than the current on a W11.5 and sure enough if it got accepted lol

Just happy I got free shipping with it. I want to keep from beating up my Red OG’s, so these will do.
Thanks for the response. Yeah think imma just cop the habaneros cause i cant really find the red anniversaries in a 9 for the price i want. Do you suggest i size up .5?

Thanks for the response. Yeah think imma just cop the habaneros cause i cant really find the red anniversaries in a 9 for the price i want. Do you suggest i size up .5?

I own a few women’s pairs and my TTS equivalent has worked and got fine.

Just add 1.5 to your AM1 size and that should the women’s equivalent.

Habaneros are womens, so you have to go 1.5 up from your men's TTS. You should be good with that, no need to go up an additional 0.5.

I have to repeat myself, though. I bought Habaneros hoping they'd be a cheap similar-ish alternative to the anniversaries, that I could beat up at work without regard. That was back in September, and I was so disappointed with the color and shoe overall that I have yet to put them on. In my humble opinion, they are not a satisfactory substitute at all.

This opinion isn't coming from some hard core purist. I purchased my mom the AM 90/1, and although those are leather (instead of mesh) and have a different midsole, I would still recommend them if you find those at a great price. I would have been much, much, much happier with those.

Habaneros are womens, so you have to go 1.5 up from your men's TTS. You should be good with that, no need to go up an additional 0.5.

I have to repeat myself, though. I bought Habaneros hoping they'd be a cheap similar-ish alternative to the anniversaries, that I could beat up at work without regard. That was back in September, and I was so disappointed with the color and shoe overall that I have yet to put them on. In my humble opinion, they are not a satisfactory substitute at all.

This opinion isn't coming from some hard core purist. I purchased my mom the AM 90/1, and although those are leather (instead of mesh) and have a different midsole, I would still recommend them if you find those at a great price. I would have been much, much, much happier with those.
Thanks for the input. I guess i’ll look at some other alternatives

Thanks for the input. I guess i’ll look at some other alternatives

What size are you, and what prices are you seeing for Habaneros and Anniversaries?

I just want to temper your expectations. In pictures I thought they looked very similar, so i was pretty let down when I actually got them in hand. If you're okay with the color being closer to red/orange, then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom