THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The elite team is super legit w/ nike

they have definitely remade several of my IDs & let me wear the original pair until the new ones get to my door step! just don’t do it too many times bc they won’t let me remake pairs anymore 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve gotten so many discounts from Nike, that they won’t give me anymore either lol

I’ve been getting over on nike since I was kid! Used to always pop my air pockets or tear something when I wanted a new pair. I would call them & they would send me a brand new pair of kicks & most of the time, they were different lol

My twin & I, did it so many times, we finally got a letter from Nike, that we were banned from ordering from them 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m sure it ain’t just with shoes with you either

4DDE71B0-825E-44F9-AEB5-18575C747EAA.jpeg

dont mind them at all; definitely hits for summer. have a safe 4th yall

I was just finishing off the last season of Atlanta and in episode 9 (probably one of the best of this series) there was a lingering shot of a Air Max 1. The episode revolves around a biracial teen who has seemingly rejects his black cultural heritage and fully embraces his whiteness.
Nike-Sneakers-in-Atlanta-S03E09-Rich-*****-Poor-*****-2022.jpg

In the context of the episode I wonder whether this model was specifically chosen due to reputation in the states or whether the prop department chose it randomly.

Last edited:
I was just finishing off the last season of Atlanta and in episode 9 (probably one of the best of this series) there was a lingering shot of a Air Max 1. The episode revolves around a biracial teen who has seemingly rejects his black cultural heritage and fully embraces his whiteness.

In the context of the episode I wonder whether this model was specifically chosen due to reputation in the states or whether the prop department chose it randomly.
Curious. What’s the reputation in the states of the AM1?

I had the same though when I saw that. The other items in his bedroom that are shown represent how he identifies himself culturally. Post Malone is his hip hop, a Logan Paul comedy tour poster, a white girl in a bikini, and an AM1 among other things. They are very heavy handed images of him embracing his whiteness, as the show tends to be.

The AM1 being labeled a “white person” shoe got me the most because just not the case. Still think it’s one of the best shows ever created.

Last edited:
I watched that episode as well. I think y'all looking too deep into it. To most people that's just a nike. sole searchin sole searchin air max has a stronger fanbase in Europe, more akin to how Jordans are in the US. Another example I can think of is air max TNs are especially popular in Australia. However in the context of that Atlanta episode, I don't think it's anything beyond a regular nike shoe that a seemingly regular high school kid might be wearing.

Man I NEVER double up, but I might snag a second pair of Madder Roots while they’re cheap. Been wearing the hell out of them this summer, and I feel like that pink suede is gonna get dirty easily.

Back
Top Bottom