The Official Air Zoom Kobe I Post

Here's another new Nike Kobe Wallpaper....I got it from the Nike Taiwan site...I can't read Taiwanese but I somehow maneuvered through it to find it.....nevermind, I'm late... :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....Flame on! :x
sick.gif

uptempo_wallpaper_3_1024.jpg

[/b]
[/b]​

regarding Kobe's shoes from Sundays game against the Bobcats, this Laker fan got them:

121102566.jpg

here's the story:

This weekend, Kobe won the game for a loyal Carson fan
The 94-year-old thought she was just going to watch the Lakers. But when she arrived, she met Bryant and he promised her victory.
By Eddie North-Hager
Daily Breeze

The Lakers were down one point with 11 seconds left, but deep in her heart, Julia Echave knew her team would come through.

Moments before tipoff, team leader Kobe Bryant had told the 94-year-old from Carson he would win the game for her. Things weren't looking good, though, as Bryant had already missed 21 shots.

But Echave, who wears a purple-and-gold Santa hat and jacket during the basketball season, had faith. She has been a Lakers fan for decades. While watching games with her cardboard cutout of Bryant at the group home where she lives, Echave has been known to yell at her television.

But in April, things got a little weird.

Echave slipped into dementia and had to move into a special care facility.

Everybody who came to visit was Kobe. Every letter was from Kobe.

"All she would talk about was Kobe," said Gloria Baumgartner, the youngest of Echave's seven children. "She wouldn't wear a hospital gown, only her Kobe shirt."

Baumgartner was distraught and could only think of one person to make it better: Kobe Bryant. She contacted the Lakers public relations director, John Black, in April.

For some reason, among all the hundreds of requests to meet No. 8, this one stood out.

"Things like this are pretty unique," Black said. "Once in a while, a letter or inquiry will strike a chord that makes you want to go out of the way. And the player involved will be interested."

Most of Bryant's pregame visits involve the Make-A-Wish Foundation and much younger fans. Earlier this year a terminally ill 16-year-old asked Bryant to score 30 points for him. Bryant went out and scored 37 against Atlanta, Black said.

"This is something that touched some kind of a chord with Kobe and he wanted to do it," Black said.

It took months of planning, and during that time some of Echave's mental faculties returned and she moved back into the group home in Carson.

When Baumgartner told her mom they were going to see Bryant, Echave just assumed they would attend a game at Staples Center. But on Sunday, Bryant met with Echave and her family before the game, talked with them and signed autographs.

"I was saying, 'Kobe, Kobe, Kobe, please don't go,' " said the diminutive Echave.

Then he matter-of-factly promised to win the game, said Baumgartner, 55, a genetic scientist at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles.

Of course, the all-star came through, making two foul shots with seven seconds left and lifting Los Angeles to a 99-98 win over the Charlotte Bobcats.

After the game, Bryant had his shoes delivered to Echave.

She held them in her arms and smelled them.

"It made her life," Baumgartner said.

[/b]

:wow:
embarassed.gif

I wonder if she knows about the trial... :wow:
embarassed.gif
...it's stories like that that makes me embarassed for kids/women who looked up to him so much. :\
ohwell.gif
:\
ohwell.gif

[/url]​
[/center]

"I wonder if she knows about the trial... :wow:
embarassed.gif
...it's stories like that that makes me embarassed for kids/women who looked up to him so much"

Why do u hate Kobe so much? What has he ever done to you personally? You make it sound like Kobe is the only athlete to ever cheat on his wife.Oh yeah but I forgot all you Jordan lovers on NT seem to forget he never cheated on his wife that MJ was so peferct.

that is very kind of Kobe.

On another note Kobe found out that Caron Butler's family lives Wisconsin so he had the Lakers management get a hold of Caron who was in pre-game warm-ups in Washington. They asked Caron for his families info and they got his family tickets to game.
[/b]

Quote:
that is very kind of Kobe.

is Caron's family poor or something? I'm pretty sure Caron could afford the tickets for his family himself. I just don't see the point? I'm not trying to stir anything up or anything im just wondering the relevance of the whole thing.

Quote:
I'm not trying to stir anything up or anything im just wondering the relevance of the whole thing.

Kobe is close with Caron and last year had dinner at his mom's house when the Lakers played the Bucks.
This year he thinks about getting Caron's family tickets to the game despite Caron not playing for the Lakers.
The reverence is Kobe doing a nice gesture for a friend's family.
[/b]

umm i think this story should be in the sports forum its ruining the thread. this is The Official Air Zoom Kobe I Post, not the old lady and kobe post. lets try and stay on topic k?
<mod in training>
KOBE!!!![/b]​
Quote:
kobe till the end. unfortunately the lakers lost and so did you <banned>[/b]

^ Wow those are really nice. I love the shoe but the forefoot looks a little too bulky. Thanks for the pics!

where are all the clothing and ads and stuff we were promised that was supposed to happen after thanksgiving....i see no kobe stuff at Footlocker and no ads or anything

and why isn't kobe's name anywhere on the shoe
That's my word

[/center]

Hey kenlu could u take a picture with you wearing them? Im just wondering how they look when someone is wearing them.
WD - Magazine/Portfolio WEBPAGE // coming soon

Good looks on the pics.
[/b]
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada Weighing in at 233 Pounds, WWF Intercontinental Champion; Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Back
Top Bottom