The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Y'all sitting here acting like jinbe wasn't a shichbukai...
He helped stop akainu.. Big mom respects him.

Y'all wilding if you think Jinbe is weaker than luffy. And.. Zoro..

I will concede it would be 95 zoro 90 Sanji
But no way they're stronger than jinbe

Watching youtube clipsof Sanji. one of the movies Heart of gold, he talked about learning camoflauge techniques and mad he couldn't eat the invisible fruit..
If he learns that camoflauge technique he is going to remain up there in my eyes. but LEb is right, Zoro hasn't broken a sweat in the new world which is scary. especially if that left eye is hiding something.

I'ma do some more digging, because I remember jinbe's power level was explained somewhere.
edit:
did some digging. Yall gotta remember. theres a Jinbe on land and a Jinbe in the sea (near the sea)
with his fishman karate alone he will be a problem for luffy. even took a gear 2nd hit like it was nothing. (he would be in more trouble if it was a gear 3rd. or an elephant gun punch).
I still think he's stronger than luffy personally. especally if they're on a boat or near water at all. Luffy wouldn't stand a chance for the simple fact jinbe can control sea water

Last edited:
2 things

Gear 4, fatbei aint tanking no gear 4 punch. son might get 1 shot TBH

majority of OP fights are gonna be on land...so fatbei will not have the advantage or the avenue to do cool water tricks

You see what he did in manieford.. That was just being near water... Ain't no gear 4 if you can't use your devil fruit.

Gave up on durarara and gurren lagan

Been itching to rewatch bebop, but I'm gunna give trigun another shot and see if that does it for me

I've never heard of this Anime before...Just saw the reviews, what is this?? What does it compare to?
I think someone in this thread put me onto Wolf's Rain. Forgive me, if I'm forgetting your name. Wolf's Rain is great to me. OST's good, storyline's good, dialogue's good, and the characters are cool. Wolf's Rain is similar to Blood+ to me. In both anime's the main characters are trying to find something.
Gave up on durarara and gurren lagan

Been itching to rewatch bebop, but I'm gunna give trigun another shot and see if that does it for me
Literally, listening to Gurren Laggan's OST. Laggan's great! Episode 17 is where it picks up to me.

Trigun didn't do it for me, but I see why it's popular.
I gave up on Durarara too. Haven't watched it in years.

I think someone in this thread put me onto Wolf's Rain. Forgive me, if I'm forgetting your name. Wolf's Rain is great to me. OST's good, storyline's good, dialogue's good, and the characters are cool. Wolf's Rain is similar to Blood+ to me. In both anime's the main characters are trying to find something.

Literally, listening to Gurren Laggan's OST. Laggan's great! Episode 17 is where it picks up to me.

I'll keep that in mind about lagann. Apparently ep 16 is a recap one before it picks up at 17 like you mentioned. Sometimes the catering exclusively to teenage boy fantasies became cringe-worthy, but since I'm already 12 eps in and it did have good eps I'll prob give it another shot and skip ahead.

I'll keep that in mind about lagann. Apparently ep 16 is a recap one before it picks up at 17 like you mentioned. Sometimes the catering exclusively to teenage boy fantasies became cringe-worthy, but since I'm already 12 eps in and it did have good eps I'll prob give it another shot and skip ahead.
skip ep 16. I did. I'm not too fond of recap episodes.
guren lagan's a 5/5 for me. It's a slow burn though.
Funny you mention that, since Kill la Kill seems to cater to that much more than Lagaan.
That's the main reason why I fell off after the 1st episode.

Gauren Lagan is a great great show, I personally would have ranked it higher if it weren't for the fan service, I felt like it cheapened what was a great story line. Didn't need it at all and would have been better without it.

Also, like everyone says, it really picks up later on, there is a part in the middle where they tried to be too serious, but that's just a couple of episodes until they go back to being over the top (which is awesome).

Funny enough, I could not go through two episodes of Kill La Kill.

Thanks man. Definitely next in line to watch.

I am currently watching Fate/Apocrypha on Netflix, it has it's moments, but there were a couple of episodes (6&7 especially) that all they did was talk...fight scenes are cool but so much talking and it's not like intense talk or anything, the talk is just about explaining the situation and painting a picture...I ended up just skipping some of the scenes

If Prison school truly ending, I'm not mad with how it's ending. Took way too long to get to this moment. and this last act has been terrible.

If Prison school truly ending, I'm not mad with how it's ending. Took way too long to get to this moment. and this last act has been terrible.
I kinda haven’t read it since the middle of the war arc but I was mainly sticking around to see how Kiyoshi and hana ended. Probably dissapointibh tho

kiyoshi x hana actually is probably the best part about prison school honestly. i it wasn't for the author dragging out this story so much. it would look much better. if it ever goes to anime. it will make more sense cuz they would cut the fluff out

kiyoshi x hana actually is probably the best part about prison school honestly. i it wasn't for the author dragging out this story so much. it would look much better. if it ever goes to anime. it will make more sense cuz they would cut the fluff out
Yeah. Initially it was a funny adult comedy show but then it IMO just turned into a bunch of filler and what will Hana and kiyoshi do next. Kissing? Oroboros?

Back
Top Bottom