The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm a bit confused about One piece filler eps...
are they considered to be canon.
I'm wondering about a lot of the Grout stuff.
also the Coby stuff.

I'm a bit confused about One piece filler eps...
are they considered to be canon.
I'm wondering about a lot of the Grout stuff.
also the Coby stuff.

Filler eps are not considered canon. The events don't really fit into the manga timeline, especially for the movies. However, if by the coby stuff you mean his new design and his promotion to captain, that is canon. Shiki is also canon, as he was mentioned in the manga, but the events in Strong World aren't canon. Not sure who Grout is?

he's suppose to be Aokiji/Kuzans, disciple. saved him as a kid, now he's a strong Navy Captain but still a kid (about Coby's age)
I just figured anime throws in stuff that may be too late for the books. So they can come in to the story later and some people would recognize who it is.

lol big mom being exposed. wrap this trash up oda. plz

She's still going. Not even hurt really. This arc has been good, the beginning was light on action, now it's happening and there's an issue? Big Mom is still a force, but at some point the Yonko have to look like there's a chance they can go down. While Big Mom isn't going down this arc, if she can't even be touched, what hope is there for defeating Kaido in wano? I'm hoping the arc wraps up soon, not because it hasn't been good, but because other interesting stuff is close.
Everyone is converging to one location, but idk if it'll be a simple task feeding Big Mom the cake now that Perospero thinks it's poisoned. It could make the arc a bit longer. They need to stop giving Oda young editors though. It seems they let him go wild.

I've stopped listening to Mr Wavez opinion of one piece years ago.
The Big mama arc is Crazy to me, I love it!
WE got the vinsmoke arc, mink tribe, this entire candy land, now big mom going wild.
It's been great.
4 potential new crew members also.
1. Carrot (who I actually think is very strong and she'll be a slight tier under sanji, and in beast mode probably stronger. though it's temporary.
2. Reiju. it's possible we get his sister. depends on if they turn a new leaf or not.
3. Caesar clown, just because he would bring the lulz and he's a scientist (unless he permanently joins bege)
4. Pudding. Maybe she took the wedding with sanji serious.?her DF is super useful

its the only way. If Kiyoshi X Hana can’t be a thing. Then everything needs to be burned down

If we can speak on it freely now.

I was kinda expecting them to go a little further, like them being in a kinky super dysfunctional relationship.
This Manga brought so many Lulz in the beginning. the Above ground student council thing was pointless but had a moment or two in there. Kiyoshi dying after showing his bonar had me dying.

I mean that would probably be in the epilogue. Anyway this was the best outcome given how Chiyo was heavily focused upon. Kiyoshi is a scumbag and worse than the other boys because while they are perverts at least they acknowledge it. Kiyoshi kept trying to hide it and lie to himself.

And yes the authors biggest mistake was the above ground council. That truly felt like he had run out of ideas and had to prolong the story some way. Like for as much as I love all the great moments, the series was completely aimless most of the time. “Ok the boys are in prison, now why do I write. I can write some fun situations with Hana and kiyoshi but I can’t milk it too much. Etc”

I mean that would probably be in the epilogue. Anyway this was the best outcome given how Chiyo was heavily focused upon. Kiyoshi is a scumbag and worse than the other boys because while they are perverts at least they acknowledge it. Kiyoshi kept trying to hide it and lie to himself.

And yes the authors biggest mistake was the above ground council. That truly felt like he had run out of ideas and had to prolong the story some way. Like for as much as I love all the great moments, the series was completely aimless most of the time. “Ok the boys are in prison, now why do I write. I can write some fun situations with Hana and kiyoshi but I can’t milk it too much. Etc”

There were a few things they could've done to make the AGSC better. They could've rushed the games Arc, and had the boys still in jail with all the UGSC.
Also the slutchan, was hillarious should've kept her in there to rock Gakuto (sp?) world. That chap where he had to lick her armpit, i had to be like, wait what's about to happen now...
He made the whole 2nd half pretty useless and way more tasteful than the 1st half. it was sad to see it get less raunchy.

She's still going. Not even hurt really. This arc has been good, the beginning was light on action, now it's happening and there's an issue? Big Mom is still a force, but at some point the Yonko have to look like there's a chance they can go down. While Big Mom isn't going down this arc, if she can't even be touched, what hope is there for defeating Kaido in wano? I'm hoping the arc wraps up soon, not because it hasn't been good, but because other interesting stuff is close.
Everyone is converging to one location, but idk if it'll be a simple task feeding Big Mom the cake now that Perospero thinks it's poisoned. It could make the arc a bit longer. They need to stop giving Oda young editors though. It seems they let him go wild.

Breh. lol her whole body has scratches from zues lightning...I’m not saying she’s about to faint but she def took damage. I just think it’s funny. People thought big mom was all this and that and you got fatbei knocking her off the ship casually and brook sneak attacking zues without her being able to stop it... imagine if zoro and law were there.

Best part of the whole chapter was nami taking zues hostage. I hope she gets to keep him.

Arc has been very lackluster to me. To many things that don’t make any sense and/or forced. Not to mention sanji being ****ted on the whole arc and Oda making his feats so far kicking a cake LMAO.

Just ready for this whole thing to be over. I was watching YouTube reviews and they were doing best/worst chapter of the year and it really set in how unhype this whole year has been.

Chapter 731>>>>>> anything for the past two years or so. I won’t forget the hype of waking up reading that chapter in the morning. Joint was straight fire

Arc has been very lackluster to me. To many things that don’t make any sense and/or forced. Not to mention sanji being ****ted on the whole arc and Oda making his feats so far kicking a cake LMAO.
They've done more for Sanji this arc than just having him kick a cake. They've shown us his resolve both as a member of the strawhats trying to protect and save his crew and as a chef who must make the best food and feed whoever is hungry, no matter who they are. We've also seen that no matter how much he says he doesn't care for his family, he still has something for them or else he wouldn't have saved them during the wedding ceremony. Not every character needs to have a big fight to show how strong they are. Sometimes strength of character it's what's needed.

Since when did one piece make us choose between character development and fights? Why can’t we get both...and no sanji has shown a lot of foolishness this arc, not resolve.

Let me explain,

Falling for pudding, meanwhile luffy and the others are fighting for their lives. Instead of this fool thinking of a plan or doing something, he’s picking flowers and singing like a school girl

Sanji foolishly believing that big mom would actually let the strawhats go

Sanji being punked by daifuku, who can’t even stop carrot

There’s probably more if I go back and read. I’m sorry bro no matter how you slice it Oda has done dumb things this arc. Which is why a lot of ppl including myself dislike the arc or are at the very least disappointed.

I’m tired of hearing the character development excuse too. Why can’t we have both...we literally always have in one piece. You CANNOT make this the “YEAR OF SANJI” and have sanji not showcase any battle feats. That’s nonsense. We all want a good story yes, we also want action too. There’s nothing wrong with wanting action. Luffy is in his second fight...sanji has yet to get 1.

I’m not even tripping off of the chef ****...cuz that is sanji, but to limit him to literally baking a cake is silly.

Man and his family :lol: Judge was literally a disappointment. Dude was crying at the wedding lmfao. Like I said idk what’s going on with Oda avoiding the action lately, but it’s trash...he did it a bit in dressrosa for no reason and he’s doing it even more now. I’m not a fan of it.

But hey, that’s my opinion.

Breh. lol her whole body has scratches from zues lightning...I’m not saying she’s about to faint but she def took damage. I just think it’s funny. People thought big mom was all this and that and you got fatbei knocking her off the ship casually and brook sneak attacking zues without her being able to stop it... imagine if zoro and law were there.

Best part of the whole chapter was nami taking zues hostage. I hope she gets to keep him.

Just ready for this whole thing to be over. I was watching YouTube reviews and they were doing best/worst chapter of the year and it really set in how unhype this whole year has been.

Chapter 731>>>>>> anything for the past two years or so. I won’t forget the hype of waking up reading that chapter in the morning. Joint was straight fire

She took a stronger lighting attack in the forest and was fine as well. At some point like I said a Yonko has to take some type of damage, otherwise the whole idea of anyone taking any of them down becomes ridiculous. If not one can even scratch Big Mom, how do you take down Kaido? One Piece has alway been a series where match ups are important. Jinbe used what he claims is an ultimate technique and it pushed a skinny Big Mom back. She's obviously no longer at full power as she is when she's fat.

Brook was already shown to be able to hurt the Homies. He cut Prometheus earlier in the treasure room, Big Mom mentions in the chapter he couldn't scratch her before. It makes sense for him to attack Zeus, as the only person who could do any real damage to him. You have Jinbe able to get to water to fight and as one of the stronger former warlords I would hope he'd not get treated like fodder. Last, you have Nami, who has been shown to be able to capitalize on this match up throughout the arc. You have a single focused Big Mom looking for the cake, it creates a favorable match up.

If Zoro and Law were there then what? The same thing happens to Zoro as Jinbe this chapter, he tries to stop her attack and gets knocked backwards. Who knows what Law does? His powers give him a lot of possibilities, but in the situation what really changes? They'e fighting on the Sunny, trying to keep Big Mom away and not have the ship be destroyed. There's Big Mom's advantage and the Straw Hat's disadvantage. Terrain matters in these fights. I could see Big Mom subduing the sunny crew then Sanji appearing with the cake to save them or even Germa showing up.

Sanji still has a chance to show battle feats if that's what you're hoping for. Perspero just said he can't trust the cake anymore and might try to mobilize them from stopping Sanji getting it to Big Mom, who knows. Or with Ichiji leading Germa with Judge gone, he might want to poison the cake before Mama eats it.

As for Sanji, in the whole first half of the arc, he felt powerless to do anything. It wasn't just the crew being threatened, it was Zeff and the Baratie crew as well. Then he gets the bomb handcuffs. So he starts going against logic and believing in a false hope that Big Mom will keep her word if he does what's asked of him and making the best of a terrible situation. He didn't stop thinking of the crew. When he made Pudding lunch when he was supposed to have fallen for her, he made all the crew's favorite foods. He then finds out the false hope he was believing in was false, so to that point everything he'd done so far was pointless.

At the wedding, you mentioned Sanji getting punked by Daifuku. Daifuku only got him once his back was turned and he was going to help his family. The aspect of Sanji's character is that he put others above himself, which shows the strength of his humanity contrasted against his brothers, but it can also be seen as a weakness.

For the most part I think the reception to this arc has been very positive. I've enjoyed it.

As for long fights, here's what Oda said: ONE PIECE has more characters than before. He has to cram much information into one chapter to move forward with the story. Oda says he would be able to draw really impressive fight scenes only if he could keep drawing the fight scene for 2 chapters in a row. He feels ONE PIECE can now spend only 1 chapter at most on a fight scene. This is from the One Piece magazine that came out in July. http://forums.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229&page=42

You can have character development during a fight, as we've seen before throughout the series, but Idk if a fight would have been how Sanji needed to develop at the early part of the arc when he was confused and having his internal struggle. I could see it for him now closing out the arc, solidifying his return after his strong cooking display with the cake, getting both elements that people like about Sanji, the compassionate chef and the member of the monster trio.

But hey, that’s my opinion.
It's all love when I say this, but your opinion has always been trash when it comes to one piece.
You didn't even want to give OP a chance when you first joined here. This isn't your first time trashing OP.
I don't think we're reading the same arc.
This arc has been a lot of talking and development yes, but its been page turners. and we still got fights.
i mentioned them above, but don't forget we got all of Luffy's fights, we saw nami upgrade, seen carrot do her thing recently and a little before.
Sanji's whole backstory arc was a tear jerker (Still dont htink sadder than robin and Law's but def up there)
Still saw the vinsmokes fight, we saw Bege's power.
yea its no freakin wonder this arc is going by slow, we got so much stuff covered in this Arc
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Wano's arc took only 3/4 months just to hurry the story.

Overlord S2 is off to a good start. :pimp:
The place beyond the universe has such an interesting concept for a SoL anime that I will watch it. Plus the animation is real good. :lol:

Man wut
The feels .....

26055549_1742994619077751_752359803845169553_n.jpg

Yo so what's everyone's thoughts on Hunter x Hunter ? I just started the 1st ep it seems interesting so far .

Attack on Titan 101
that Warhammer Titan is awesome. Seeing Mikasa again was awesome. Can't wait to see the rest of the squad. :pimp:

Yo so what's everyone's thoughts on Hunter x Hunter ? I just started the 1st ep it seems interesting so far .

IM SAD THAT YOU GET TO EXPERIENCE THIS IN 2018 FRESH. WISH I COULD FORGET EVERYTHING IVE WATCHED SO I CAN GO BACK AND WATCH IT AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom