The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I don't know what took me so long to watch SSS.Gridman, but I started it last night and am already on episode 8.

It's been a fun ride, so it's about time for Studio Trigger to get in their usual finale bag and semi-ruin it all :lol:

Just saw some news about Real coming back from hiatus. Wonder if that means we can also get the conclusion to Vagabond some time soon.

I don't know what took me so long to watch SSS.Gridman, but I started it last night and am already on episode 8.

It's been a fun ride, so it's about time for Studio Trigger to get in their usual finale bag and semi-ruin it all :lol:
It gets pretty trippy towards the end and has a cool final sequence. I liked the series a lot but it doesn’t seem a lot of people watched it

how long has it been since vagabond went on break?

Almost 4 years now. Though Inoue might have taken a break from everything. I know he said Vagabond is different for him than other series. Tries more artistic techniques and different things with the writing, but says he has to be really inspired to write it.

AD98B625-C77E-488C-9DC8-D2114CEA2324.jpeg

Just finished Hunter x Hunter (2011 version). It just kept getting better and better with each arc, seamlessly flowing to the next. It never ceased to amaze me, especially throughout the Chimera Ant arc.
The villains were so good in that arc, especially Meruem and Shaiapouf's character development. Gon's final battle was kind of uncomfortable, in a good way, but it reminded me of all the foreshadowing the show had been doing to lead up to that. Incredible.
I'd easily put this at #1 out of all the anime shows I've finished, albeit a pretty limited amount. I'm reading the post-anime manga now too.

I think I'll watch Yu Yu Hakusho next as the manga was also written by Togashi.

Last edited:
Just finished Hunter x Hunter (2011 version). It just kept getting better and better with each arc, seamlessly flowing to the next. It never ceased to amaze me, especially throughout the Chimera Ant arc.
The villains were so good in that arc, especially Meruem and Shaiapouf's character development. Gon's final battle was kind of uncomfortable, in a good way, but it reminded me of all the foreshadowing the show had been doing to lead up to that. Incredible.
I'd easily put this at #1 out of all the anime shows I've finished, albeit a pretty limited amount. I'm reading the post-anime manga now too.

I think I'll watch Yu Yu Hakusho next as the manga was also written by Togashi.
Glad you enjoyed it man, probably fluctuates between #1 and #2 for me with One Piece.

I would also like to be the first to welcome you to Hiatus x Hiatus: https://hiatus-hiatus.github.io/

New Attack on Titan chapter is out
I don't know what's going on anymore. I don't know who's on what side, who's right and who's wrong, or who deserves to win, but I do know that this is some of the hypest **** I've seen in this manga yet. :lol: :pimp:
The end is near, and I can't wait to see it.

I love that nakama shirt. and i hated friends as a show. that black box is kinda bad but still a cool shirt
I know dog nun I could do about the black box I thought it would be worse tho..it’s not terrible in person probably more noticeable in pics. Could put the nakama on the back and the box wouldn’t matter...but anyways thanks bro If u want me to make u a shirt lemme know. I just ordered the friends kyries and hat to go with that shirt. And there’s a sick one piece new era fitted ive been scoping but expensive af

New chapter of One Piece is out. :smh:. I don't know if I am outgrowing the manga but MAN this chapter was a chore to read like I couldn't wait to finish that chapter.

Next week ends my one piece hiatus. I hope some good chapters have been coming out..it’s been a month since I read a chapter

Next week ends my one piece hiatus. I hope some good chapters have been coming out..it’s been a month since I read a chapter
I'd wait another week or 2. Going on break again next week and there was no chapter last week with golden week.

What was so difficult about it? I found it quite moving, maybe it's just me.
You aren't the only one. I liked it too.
Yasu went out like a true hero of the people. He also sowed the seeds of doubt into the mind's of Orochi's army. That's gonna have major consequences later on in this arc. The fake revolution that Yasu (apparently) made up is gonna turn into a real one now.
I got a bit confused on the last page. What does smiles do to the people of Wano? Literally take their emotions or just figuratively?

On a side note, this was one of the few times that someone was actually executed in a panel and not off-screened right? I'm not counting Ace because he dies from his injuries sustained in battle.

You aren't the only one. I liked it too.
Yasu went out like a true hero of the people. He also sowed the seeds of doubt into the mind's of Orochi's army. That's gonna have major consequences later on in this arc. The fake revolution that Yasu (apparently) made up is gonna turn into a real one now.
I got a bit confused on the last page. What does smiles do to the people of Wano? Literally take their emotions or just figuratively?

On a side note, this was one of the few times that someone was actually executed in a panel and not off-screened right? I'm not counting Ace because he dies from his injuries sustained in battle.

I liked this chapter as well, much better than the last one I think.
Not sure what we can say about the SMILES yet. We only know they require SAD from Caesar and they required the ability of the tontatta go grow them at a decent rate. So I think this is something really interesting. Maybe Kaido / Orochi was doing something to the people of Ebisu to extract what was needed to create SAD or maybe they tested the initial SMILES on them and this was the effect before they got a working version.

Also this goes back to what I said last chapter, Oda is working really hard to make the strawhats invested to the people of Wano as a whole rather than just one royal or one person. It's a distinguishing factor in this arc versus others especially since we came into the arc knowing the major players for the most part as compared to other arcs.

Yasu was really good. Basically reset the plan so it could succeed and poked at the discontent we've seen from Orochi followers. The problem is I thought that the plan had to fail and it definitely still could. Orochi may just double down on capturing people due to his paranoia. I do think this will cause some of the normal people on the sideline to start expressing their displeasure more openly. I wonder if the real witching hour boy comes out now.

Also yeah I think this might be the first person we've seen executed on panel, not in a flashback. I can't think of too many.

Shokugeki no Souma
As off the rails as this current arc has been, I feel like the newest chapter feels like classic SnS. And I'm looking forward to finally seeing Yukihira's mother in the next chapter, hopefully. :lol:

Shokugeki no Souma
As off the rails as this current arc has been, I feel like the newest chapter feels like classic SnS. And I'm looking forward to finally seeing Yukihira's mother in the next chapter, hopefully. :lol:

Definitely agree. Rest of the arc has been complete trash, but this chapter was really solid. Hope the mom backstory is good.

Back
Top Bottom