The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Started reading Noblesse and tower of God. Having a little trouble getting use the the Korean Manhwa art and framing style. The art in Noblesse is kind of a turn off.

Started reading Noblesse and tower of God. Having a little trouble getting use the the Korean Manhwa art and framing style. The art in Noblesse is kind of a turn off.

All of this. I always see people say good things about both series mentioned, but every time I start reading, I almost immediately lose interest because of the art and framing styles. Art is damn near just as important as the plot to me.

Tower of God's art might bug me more personally though.

Last edited:
really, I loved Noblesse art and coloring, i mean it's basic art. but the coloring is nice. and the story is good. i hear tower of God is good i started reading first chapter but i got busy i'll start it soon

I will not read Akame ga kill or attack on Titan.

Patiently waiting for the next season of Titan :smh:

Started Akame ga Kill a few days ago because of how positively people talked about it here. Awesome so far.

Will probably check out Kill La Kill after.

All of this. I always see people say good things about both series mentioned, but every time I start reading, I almost immediately lose interest because of the art and framing styles. Art is damn near just as important as the plot to me.

Tower of God's art might bug me more personally though.

Both art styles improve a lot from the early chapters if you just hang in there. If you read the chapters at the office webtoon site then the pages aren't cut it's meant to be read as one long page going down. That might help if paneling is an issue. Tower of God's art actually improves drastically, although in part 2 the chapters will get shorter later on and there might be some sloppy panels, because that's when SIU's wrist got damaged. The art in Noblesse improves noticeably as well, but I don't think the arts gets as good as ToG's.

Here's the official webtoon site where the paneling won't be cut http://www.webtoons.com/

Honestly, the early translations are rough, it took them time to adjust to translating for an english audience. The cmpany whose chapters are hosted on batoto or mangafox have the best tower of god translations and they include SIU's blog post where sometime he mentions things about the ToG world like power rankings and things like that. Naver took over all translations, but that's after 100+ chapters in.

Last edited:
Corazon. Truly a real *****
mean.gif

something we finally agree on.

Naruto
I'll miss posting spoilers about you... :frown:

Bleach
Good chapter this week. That ending though. :wow:

One Piece
Corazon, a true G... :smh:

Cora too real. Great One Piece chapter.

Looks like Dorry was X-Drake you can see the X scar on his chin, they mention he's the strongest in that crew, but hated it so he escaped and got taken in by the marines. 

Looks like Vergo and Trebol were both there when Doffy killed his father and Trebol is the one who gave him the gun.

I like that Tsuru has a reputation of being strong. It makes sense since she ended up being Sengoku's advisor. 

Anyway Oda stepped it up with this flashback, the pacing of it has been good, there hasn't been much excess, and it's hit on almost everything the reader's wanted to know. It feels like he could keep it going if he wanted to, I hope he goes back to the present so we can get to the fights and sprint to the finish of the arc. 

OP

BROOO the feels in this chapter man :smh:

Oda is BEASTLY!!! He put x drake in there as dorry :wow: man there's never a day I'm not looking forward to another OP chapter

Both art styles improve a lot from the early chapters if you just hang in there. If you read the chapters at the office webtoon site then the pages aren't cut it's meant to be read as one long page going down. That might help if paneling is an issue. Tower of God's art actually improves drastically, although in part 2 the chapters will get shorter later on and there might be some sloppy panels, because that's when SIU's wrist got damaged. The art in Noblesse improves noticeably as well, but I don't think the arts gets as good as ToG's.

Here's the official webtoon site where the paneling won't be cut http://www.webtoons.com/

Honestly, the early translations are rough, it took them time to adjust to translating for an english audience. The company whose chapters are hosted on batoto or mangafox have the best tower of god translations and they include SIU's blog post where sometime he mentions things about the ToG world like power rankings and things like that. Naver took over all translations, but that's after 100+ chapters in.

I appreciate the insight fam, repped.

I just added both under MangaFox on my reading app, so I'll try to fight through it. Off the top of your head, would you be able to throw me a ballpark of when I should expect to see the improved art?

I appreciate the insight fam, repped.

I just added both under MangaFox on my reading app, so I'll try to fight through it. Off the top of your head, would you be able to throw me a ballpark of when I should expect to see the improved art?
For ToG, definitely in the 60's it's noticeably better, before that it's gradual, but I think it has a strong enough story to where you'll be interested enough to overlook it until the art catches up in quality. In Noblesse I think they play around with it a for a bit then finally settle into the art style they want and stick to probably midway through season 1. Noblesse may be more of a fight, because the arcs can be slow and formulaic so waiting for the art to improve might be a bigger issue than in ToG.

For ToG, definitely in the 60's it's noticeably better, before that it's gradual, but I think it has a strong enough story to where you'll be interested enough to overlook it until the art catches up in quality. In Noblesse I think they play around with it a for a bit then finally settle into the art style they want and stick to probably midway through season 1. Noblesse may be more of a fight, because the arcs can be slow and formulaic so waiting for the art to improve might be a bigger issue than in ToG.

60+ chapters, damn :lol:

This story better be the truth. I hope they click with me.

Thanks for the help.

60+ chapters, damn :lol:

This story better be the truth. I hope they click with me.

Thanks for the help.

The story is really interesting. Idk how far you are yet, but season 1 progresses quickly compared to the later story.I doubt you'll be disappointed. The cast of characters is solid too.

The story is really interesting. Idk how far you are yet, but season 1 progresses quickly compared to the later story.I doubt you'll be disappointed. The cast of characters is solid too.

I hadn't even made it 3 chapters in before I wanted to go read something else previously :lol:

I hadn't even made it 3 chapters in before I wanted to go read something else previously
laugh.gif
So you didn't go past Headon's floor? By chapter 20 I think you'll probably have adjusted to the art, plus the crown game is when you get to start seeing people in action, and at that point the crown game is well underway. Also the art might get better before the 60s I just remember that the submerged fish hunt was in the 60s and I remember some impressive panels during that test.

Last edited:
i'm probably really late to the party but my boy just put me on Attack On Titan, from the start i was hooked finished the series in a day and a half..... Mikasa and Levi are goons.

Bleach I swear this Manga has one more chapter to pull me in before i just say F it to the years I've invested

Mushi shi

Started watching recently, and man the episodes start getting really sad as the series goes on.

Last edited:
Kiseijuu
Shinichi's a bit of a badass now. :lol:

A bit? That boy did a 180 :lol:

I really don't even know what else to say about Amagi Brilliant Park that I haven't yet. It might be one of the funniest animes I've ever watched :lol:

Now that we're halfway through the season, what shows are you guys feeling?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom