The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Shokugeki at 9?!?
Atleast boku isn't big 3 :nerd:
It's the number 2 selling manga in shonen jump though. Kingdom is in Young Jump. I definitely recommend it if you don't read it.

Soma finally moved up though. Normally it's at 10.

It's the number 2 selling manga in shonen jump though. Kingdom is in Young Jump. I definitely recommend it if you don't read it.

Soma finally moved up though. Normally it's at 10.
Yeah. Technically Big 3 would be top 3 shounen series, which would be One piece, MHA and the Baltimore haikyuu. Tokyo ghoul kingdom and AoT are different magazines

I just really can't see the love for mha. But of course my opinion means nothing.
I think the story could be soooo much better they have a cool concept. Just under using people pke and dragging on too much stuff.

I just really can't see the love for mha. But of course my opinion means nothing.
I think the story could be soooo much better they have a cool concept. Just under using people pke and dragging on too much stuff.
It's enjoyable but I don't consider it an all time great for that reason. It's lacking the magic and specialness that other series have even though the foundation is there. Like compare Naruto part 1 and MHA to this point. At that point, Naruto was much less fleshed out than MHA is now but it was still compelling and had great pacing and character. There's no reason for MHA to be as uninteresting as it is

Uninteresting? Have you guys been keeping up with the manga or did you stop part way through? Because the arc that just wrapped up is one of the best examples of good shounen writing.

Haven’t read kingdom but from what I hear in this thread and judging by its ranking it’s really good it’s up next on my to read list that and Vinland saga

Uninteresting? Have you guys been keeping up with the manga or did you stop part way through? Because the arc that just wrapped up is one of the best examples of good shounen writing.
Just read the lastest chapter on Saturday.
It was a great fight... But only that fight. Lemillion fight was good too but what happened to him was crap. And all the build up they do is worst than dbz 15 min power ups.
Its as he said uninteresting up until the fight then the fight happens and you're just like. Cool good fight but all those chaps just for this......

Haven’t read kingdom but from what I hear in this thread and judging by its ranking it’s really good it’s up next on my to read list that and Vinland saga
Kingdom is really good. It's a historical fiction about the unification of China under the Qin Dynasty. So if you look up the history there's some spoilers, but Hara, the mangaka does a really good job of filling in gaps where there's limited historical details and expanding on character's personalities. Obviously he takes liberties, but it's an action packed manga.

Hiatus x Hiatus's current hiatus will end in January. :lol:

Isn't Jump's deal with Togashi that he can basically draw at his own pace and they'll publish his chapters in bunches to get to volumes then it's back to hiatus? Thought I heard that recently?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why lawd why.........
The last 3 chapters were super weird.... But whyyyyy

Damn. Looks Ike prison school is getting cancelled. Last issue is this week
I don't know if that is truly the case. From what I've read in the subreddit, it could be a mistranslation and they might be hopping over to a new publisher. But we'll see in the next issue. :lol:

One Piece

I was not expecting Carrot to turn into a lunar beast. That's awesome. :lol:
I wonder if big mom losing weight means she'll lose some of her strength.

She would need to be easily zoro sanji strength. to go on a ship and wreck havok like that.

Shokugeki no soma with the ode to Fate /zero
243 chapters of no disappointment.

if you're not reading please start.
My boy who is a culinary arts student tried to **** on it before reading. then found out they legit contract a chef for the inspiration and meal ideas.
loves it now

Attack on Titan 100
It's time boys. :pimp:
042.png

ATTACK ON TITANNNN

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom