The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So bizarre for me it took me forever to get in to it.

Only rocked with the initial turn of the century vampiresque story.

The art was overpowering to me and I gave it up.
The artstyle? It took a bit of time for me to get used to the male character designs but it has its own unique charm. I thought the author might've had a thing for men based on the way he drew them.

Got my wife to watch and she said "This is the ghettoest **** I've ever seen." She loves it.
I find myself singing roundabout all the time

5ea.gif
The soundtrack is pretty good. I'm on Part 2 of the series now and so far it's a significant improvement over part 1. I like Joseph much more than Jonathan as a protagonist.

I'm thinking of picking up Cowboy Bebop next when I finish this. As for currently running shows, I'm following Black Clover and Tower of God as well.

The artstyle? It took a bit of time for me to get used to the male character designs but it has its own unique charm. I thought the author might've had a thing for men based on the way he drew them.
Yeah I was reading manga that mostly had traditional anime art style. So JoJo was jarring.

I'm rewatching the clash of red and black arc in detective conan. Just reminds me we need way more black organization arc in this series.

The soundtrack is pretty good. I'm on Part 2 of the series now and so far it's a significant improvement over part 1. I like Joseph much more than Jonathan as a protagonist.

I'm thinking of picking up Cowboy Bebop next when I finish this. As for currently running shows, I'm following Black Clover and Tower of God as well.
Bebop is GOAT. Don't forget to watch the movie if you can.

Lol that could either be near the beginning of season 2 if they're trying to get the flower or in last third of season 2 if they're on the floor of death. But probably early season 2 cause on the floor of death I think he's got a hoodie on
Actually just caught up with where I was in Tower of God before I stopped reading, and realized I actually read up to the very beginning of the Workshop Battle (when all regulars get guns). It's a blast reading through the entire story again, especially since the webtoon format is pretty bingeable.

Edit: Actually I'm even further past this point - I have some vague memories now of the Beta kid and the Mad Dog dude with the red eyes. I really wish my memory was better...

Last edited:
Actually just caught up with where I was in Tower of God before I stopped reading, and realized I actually read up to the very beginning of the Workshop Battle (when all regulars get guns). It's a blast reading through the entire story again, especially since the webtoon format is pretty bingeable.

Edit: Actually I'm even further past this point - I have some vague memories now of the Beta kid and the Mad Dog dude with the red eyes. I really wish my memory was better...

I've been re-reading. I just finished the workshop battle. It is fun to re-visit. Although I know the hell train has some great moments and some really rough moments. But this series has so much stuff going on just reading thru again.

I've been re-reading. I just finished the workshop battle. It is fun to re-visit. Although I know the hell train has some great moments and some really rough moments. But this series has so much stuff going on just reading thru again.

Yeah there's a TON going on here. One thing I'm realizing through this re-read though is that it doesn't have as much sticking power as, say, a One Piece for me. Maybe it's because I read fast and miss details at times when I'm bingeing - or my my memory is even more horrible than I thought - but I'm surprised at how much I obviously read at some point and then completely forgot

For example
I realize now that I've actually read the full Workshop arc before. Just got to the part where they trapped Bam in that room with the needle, then remembered that Bam ended up controlling the needle, with it floating in miniature form behind his shoulder. So I've actually definitely been through this arc before.

So yeah - Idk. It's a fun story and there's obviously a massive world here...but I'm not sure it has the impact to be one of the top 5 greats.

When this first season of the Tower of God anime finishes I’m going to start reading the webtoon. For now I don’t want to spoil it as I’ve really been enjoying the anime. Even my mom is following the anime and enjoying it.

In general I prefer reading the original work after the tv show.

Yeah there's a TON going on here. One thing I'm realizing through this re-read though is that it doesn't have as much sticking power as, say, a One Piece for me. Maybe it's because I read fast and miss details at times when I'm bingeing - or my my memory is even more horrible than I thought - but I'm surprised at how much I obviously read at some point and then completely forgot

For example
I realize now that I've actually read the full Workshop arc before. Just got to the part where they trapped Bam in that room with the needle, then remembered that Bam ended up controlling the needle, with it floating in miniature form behind his shoulder. So I've actually definitely been through this arc before.

So yeah - Idk. It's a fun story and there's obviously a massive world here...but I'm not sure it has the impact to be one of the top 5 greats.

I think part of it may be the frequent cast changes. Like One Piece has a huge cast, but there's a consistency in the strawhat crew. Baam's teams change and it's not till after the workshop battle till there's some consistency with Rak and Khun. Then the season 1 cast is in season 2 for a limited amount and early team for season 2 just some nice personality guys getting carried by Baam, rather than being powerful like the season 1 team.

Also, for the side characters, SIU isn't as good at memorable introductions as Oda so characters don't stick until they get their moment. The only real stand out one is Urek's.

It's also not until season 3 really where Baam really starts affecting the world rather than reacting to it. Like he's got a seat on the bus or plane instead of driving it. Where as in One Piece Luffy and the strawhats are affecting the world, so I think that helps making things memorable. The tower is huge, but there's not a focus on location usually where as One Piece the islands and locations are distinct which helps. But thinking about it, it's a story that builds and blends, where as One Piece has moments that stick in your head as it builds.

Currently reading Flame of Recca.

Probably about as generic of a battle shounen as you can get with way too much fan service but I can’t stop :lol:

Started the Tower of God anime, I need more. Gonna peep the manga. I think I will get a VIZ account to read it

Started the Tower of God anime, I need more. Gonna peep the manga. I think I will get a VIZ account to read it

Tower of God is a korean webtoon, so its free on Naver.

Finally getting to the post-zhou war section in Kingdom. Shin finally moving out of the shack, hopefully new clothes and armor are next and the awards ceremony. Series is going on a month long break. I assume when we get back it'll be a politics arc. But interested in seeing what state they go after next.

Tower of God is a korean webtoon, so its free on Naver.

Good looks, might get a VIZ account just for other manga as well

Trinity Wonder was pretty good and a lot of fun. Not as deep as The Breaker and leans more on comedy. Only 102 chapters. The end was a bit of a tease but the creators. They might revisit it one day.

Oh damn Fire Punch :smh:

Not even chap 1. Chapter 0; cannibalism, almost incest, mass murder, survival via torturous burning for almost 10 years.

I see what I'm in store for now.

Back
Top Bottom