The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

New One Piece is out

There's so much to take in for this chapter. Drake being outed as a traitor and then flipping the the Straw Hats side is great.
Who only has a 1% chance of survival? Kaido? Luffy? King?
Jack is ridiculously strong if he can take all those minks on.
I'll need to read the official scans once they come out to see if more things stand out.

Break next week. 10 chapters away from 1000. :pimp:

Man, I know Oda changed his schedule due to covid, but this still seems like this break is pretty quick on the heels of the last one. I wonder if he's currently working on another project that's pulling away his time. Either way he's earned his breaks, but they're rough at this point in the arc.

Good question on survival. At the beginning of the arc Hawkins said Luffy has a 19% chance of being alive by the end of the month. There's so many people Hawkins could be talking about, Kidd, Luffy, Apoo, or Kaido. Looks like he was also checking Drake or Queen's chance of death after who's who came to get Drake. It does seems as the odds keep shifting he might take his chances and join Luffy. Though idk if I want to see that at this point.

I wonder what the significance of Luffy's gear 4 form (in relation to Wano and its history) is that Hyogoro is pointing it out in this instance?

I'll probably have more comments and thoughts once the official version comes out.

someone mentioned in one of my discords that ...

The official translation makes it clear he's talking about drake.
someone else I know said that he thinks he's calculating the chance of survival if he aligns himself with the samurai.

the wisdom king has to be some type of old folk lore.

Random question, Did Roger die before or after Luffy had his DF?
could Roger's DF had been the gomu gomu and thats why Shanks had it. then basically blessed Luffy with the Straw hat?

Man, I know Oda changed his schedule due to covid, but this still seems like this break is pretty quick on the heels of the last one. I wonder if he's currently working on another project that's pulling away his time. Either way he's earned his breaks, but they're rough at this point in the arc.

Good question on survival. At the beginning of the arc Hawkins said Luffy has a 19% chance of being alive by the end of the month. There's so many people Hawkins could be talking about, Kidd, Luffy, Apoo, or Kaido. Looks like he was also checking Drake or Queen's chance of death after who's who came to get Drake. It does seems as the odds keep shifting he might take his chances and join Luffy. Though idk if I want to see that at this point.

I wonder what the significance of Luffy's gear 4 form (in relation to Wano and its history) is that Hyogoro is pointing it out in this instance?

I'll probably have more comments and thoughts once the official version comes out.
Yeah breaks are kind of OD, but don't even care anymore with so much other stuff taking up my attention. Drake man come on. :smh:

Drake really couldn't even put a scratch on SOMEBODY. Man on on.

someone else I know said that he thinks he's calculating the chance of survival if he aligns himself with the samurai.

could Roger's DF had been the gomu gomu and thats why Shanks had it. then basically blessed Luffy with the Straw hat?

Maybe Rayleigh knows who the wisdom king is, since he's the Dark King?

I guess we'll see Sunday how clear it is in the official. I feel like he checked Drake's chances of survival once Who's who came to get him tho. Who knows.

The boundman design is based off the Nio statue, which I don't think is the same as the wisdom king, but I could be wrong there. Interested to find out more. Hyogoro always dropping good info.

Roger died before Luffy got the fruit. Roger died I believe 22 years ago at this point in the story. Not sure if he had a devil fruit. We didn't see it in Oden's flashback at least and I feel like someone would have mentioned by now, especially Rayleigh when training Luffy. But Oda could change his mind since we don't know much about Roger at all.

raleigh is crazy strong without a DF so who knows. but to compete with a prime white beard i feel he had to have something unless his haki was just off the roof

raleigh is crazy strong without a DF so who knows. but to compete with a prime white beard i feel he had to have something unless his haki was just off the roof

Garp's on that level w/o a DF or he was when he was younger, so it's possible. But I imagine we'll eventually find out. Maybe if we get a flashback to what happened with Rocks in god valley

Garp's on that level w/o a DF or he was when he was younger, so it's possible. But I imagine we'll eventually find out. Maybe if we get a flashback to what happened with Rocks in god valley
im hoping the anime.will show us something when they do odens back story

Here's the official OP chapter this week

So this one says Guardian Deity instead of wise king. He does look like one of those Nioh statues that guard temples and all that so it makes sense.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see Sunday how clear it is in the official. I feel like he checked Drake's chances of survival once Who's who came to get him tho. Who knows.

The boundman design is based off the Nio statue, which I don't think is the same as the wisdom king, but I could be wrong there. Interested to find out more. Hyogoro always dropping good info.

Roger died before Luffy got the fruit. Roger died I believe 22 years ago at this point in the story. Not sure if he had a devil fruit. We didn't see it in Oden's flashback at least and I feel like someone would have mentioned by now, especially Rayleigh when training Luffy. But Oda could change his mind since we don't know much about Roger at all.

The Nio statue (or Myo-o) is indeed one of the Wisdom Kings in Buddhism (https://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/myo-o.shtml)

I personally don't think Roger had a DF, but I wouldn't care either way at this point if he did. I don't think it's necessary to force a parallel like that between Luffy and Roger because it's clear that you don't need a devil fruit to be one of the world's strongest. Looking at characters like Shanks and Garp, it's clear non-DF users can hold their own against the very best...so if Roger had one, cool, but I think it makes complete sense even if he didn't.

what are the names of these ones?

1600369419301.png

1600369432375.png

1600369502714.png

1600369527506.png

1600369569672.png

What anime/manga is that, dude in black hair already looking like a pervert with that hand placement. LOL. Been looking for some new anime/manga trying to make my way through the Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu anime since it is free.

Edit.
What are the names of all the animes listed in your post IATT IATT

Back
Top Bottom