The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Did you skip a chap?

Big Mom totally called out Luffy for ****ing up her two previous events and then this current festival.

Momo started floating out of his restraints (Sanji was invisible trying to escape with him) and then Yammato was asked to take care of him.

Actually 2 of the 3 happened on the same page

one-piece-14916463.jpg

She got her memory awhile back. Even recalls knowing Brook from the past.

I think Chopper and Usopp got thrown outside in one of Franky's inventions. The brachia thing that transforms in to a black bull head or w/e. I remember last seeing them in the group shot double page.
Yeah maybe throw that in a spoiler for the anime-only peeps

On another note: MHA chapter was pretty incredible this week. I'm feeling somewhat mixed on this arc, as I understand "how" Deku grew so much given his intense training, but I don't feel like we've seen enough to justify the massive spikes he must have had to be able to fight with Shigaraki on this level. That said...Bakugo.....phew. The callback to episode 1 and the markings of a true "hero" really rounded out his development for me, and really hit me hard in the feels.

That said - Chainsaw Man is proving itself once more as one of the top 3 manga in Jump (fight me). This week's chapter was once more completely hilarious and unexpected, while introducing some elements that will have big ramifications for the story. I wonder if we're actually going to get some more action chapters.

Last edited:
Did you skip a chap?

Big Mom totally called out Luffy for ****ing up her two previous events and then this current festival.

Momo started floating out of his restraints (Sanji was invisible trying to escape with him) and then Yammato was asked to take care of him.

Actually 2 of the 3 happened on the same page
one-piece-14916463.jpg

She got her memory awhile back. Even recalls knowing Brook from the past.

I think Chopper and Usopp got thrown outside in one of Franky's inventions. The brachia thing that transforms in to a black bull head or w/e. I remember last seeing them in the group shot double page.

no I don't read the manga I'm anime only

9 chapters over the next 3 months would be him returning to his pre-covid pace and the pace he's been using the past few years. Including the holiday breaks for the magazine, that's probably right around what every other creator is gonna put out. I'm sure if you were the biggest earner for you company for the past 20 or so years they wouldn't care if you showed up late everyday.

I think chapter 1000 might be the turning point in the battle. Right now the straw hats look pretty dominant and things are going too well. Zoan's also heal super fast, so all these battles could go multiple rounds. Kaido's crew and Big Mom are definitely going to push back hard. That could take place over the next 7 or 8 chapters. I originally expected the fight on onigashima to be a failure and the final showdown to take place back in the Flower Capital for all of Wano to witness, but it looks like things for the most part will wrap up here. Maybe Orochi flees back to the flower capital and they take care of him there. But I could see chapter 1000 as when the Straw hats maybe turn the tides of the battle again. Who knows.
Yeah that is what another YouTuber I listen to thinks Yonko going to push back hard in a big way. I think the strike back will happen around 995/997, with a major blow or someone falling in chapter 1000.

Did anything happen in chapter 500? I wouldnt put it past Oda to do some sort of callback for 1000. :lol:

Yeah that is what another YouTuber I listen to thinks Yonko going to push back hard in a big way. I think the strike back will happen around 995/997, with a major blow or someone falling in chapter 1000.

Yeah the red scabbards probably fall around the time Luffy shows up. Kid and Law show up too maybe? Then they take over the fight with Kaido. That's one option. Idk there's a lot of people and all the fights still need to be matched up. Right now it's just chaos. So it's hard to say what's going to happen or who fights who and if they'll be one v one or not.

Also I wonder if Jack will return since Kaido told him to go heal up. Oda is doing too much off screen for my tastes, but if Jack returns and fights in an awakened form since fast healing is part of being an awakened Zoan that would be really interesting and could shift the dynamic of a lot of the fights.

Just looked over chapter 500. Kid, Law, and Rayleigh all make an appearance in it. Maybe Rayleigh might show up?

We get introduced to Rayleigh for the 1st time at the human shop while the straw hats search for Camie.
DAMN been that long since we were introduced to Rayleigh. Crazy.
Yeah the red scabbards probably fall around the time Luffy shows up. Kid and Law show up too maybe? Then they take over the fight with Kaido. That's one option. Idk there's a lot of people and all the fights still need to be matched up. Right now it's just chaos. So it's hard to say what's going to happen or who fights who and if they'll be one v one or not.

Also I wonder if Jack will return since Kaido told him to go heal up. Oda is doing too much off screen for my tastes, but if Jack returns and fights in an awakened form since fast healing is part of being an awakened Zoan that would be really interesting and could shift the dynamic of a lot of the fights.
Yeah the off screen fights is getting on my nerves also, unless they are well drawn out in the anime. I am fine with the manga giving me the cliffnotes and the anime being book on tape.

Just looked over chapter 500. Kid, Law, and Rayleigh all make an appearance in it. Maybe Rayleigh might show up?
Kid and Law being in Chapter 500 as the first mate of the Pirate King is introduced...and now Kid and Law are an integral part of this arc as well? Oda is Goda for a reason...that planning / timing :wow::wow::wow:

I wish Zoro was officially labeled 1st mate instead of combatant or swordsman or w/e it is. Cut the confusion and any possible retroactive 1st mate labeling.

I dont think Law or Kidd will get any stronger label than ally in their alliance. Law is already that. Easy to then make Kidd that.

I need a prominent good guy to die in 1000 and maybe a new character and member of Roger's crew to show up. Maybe somebody else who was there when Roger and Garp beat up Rocks.

I wish Zoro was officially labeled 1st mate instead of combatant or swordsman or w/e it is. Cut the confusion and any possible retroactive 1st mate labeling.

I dont think Law or Kidd will get any stronger label than ally in their alliance. Law is already that. Easy to then make Kidd that.

I need a prominent good guy to die in 1000 and maybe a new character and member of Roger's crew to show up. Maybe somebody else who was there when Roger and Garp beat up Rocks.
Yeah the roles and titles are well overdue, however, you know Luffy. Unless someone makes him give out the titles he won't concern himself with it. Perhaps if another pirate crew questions him about it he might.

Yeah the roles and titles are well overdue, however, you know Luffy. Unless someone makes him give out the titles he won't concern himself with it. Perhaps if another pirate crew questions him about it he might.
I dont want Oda to spring a flashback on us where he met somebody from his past and promised that person they'd be in his crew.

I almost thought he was gonna do that with Sabo.

I dont want Oda to spring a flashback on us where he met somebody from his past and promised that person they'd be in his crew.

I almost thought he was gonna do that with Sabo.
I give him a lot of **** because of his work schedule, but on the whole he is a pretty solid creator. I don't think he would do that, trying to recall any ***pull from him that is gravely unforgiveable.

I give him a lot of **** because of his work schedule, but on the whole he is a pretty solid creator. I don't think he would do that, trying to recall any ***pull from him that is gravely unforgiveable.
I don't expect is as much its just half is my impatience with the crew not being complete going by the amount of nakama Luffy originally wanted on his crew.

IS he the only one that's not labeled?

I feel like Oda didn't give Zoro the official 1st mate label just so he could pull this joke with Sanji's bounty surpassing Zoro's last arc.

Law or Kid I doubt will be anything other than allies / rivals.

Who do you want to die? The only potential ones I could see this arc are Marco, Izo, or some of the red scabbards. And Marco and Izo I'd be surprised if it happened right after they just showed up.

I'd be very surprised if anyone from a past generation jumps into this battle. What are they gonna do? There's already a lot to balance and fights are getting off screened. Oda as much as I like him, stuff the chapters to the gills and it forces him to cut stuff we want to see. He's much better on streamlined arcs. I think he's handled Wano great so far, but any new entries too the arcs and idk if he can manage the balance. Unless it's just gonna be someone observing from the sidelines. I figure Oda will do something exciting for ch.1000 but wouldn't expect any piece not already in the arc to come into play.

I feel like Oda didn't give Zoro the official 1st mate label just so he could pull this joke with Sanji's bounty surpassing Zoro's last arc.

Law or Kid I doubt will be anything other than allies / rivals.

Who do you want to die? The only potential ones I could see this arc are Marco, Izo, or some of the red scabbards. And Marco and Izo I'd be surprised if it happened right after they just showed up.

I'd be very surprised if anyone from a past generation jumps into this battle. What are they gonna do? There's already a lot to balance and fights are getting off screened. Oda as much as I like him, stuff the chapters to the gills and it forces him to cut stuff we want to see. He's much better on streamlined arcs. I think he's handled Wano great so far, but any new entries too the arcs and idk if he can manage the balance. Unless it's just gonna be someone observing from the sidelines. I figure Oda will do something exciting for ch.1000 but wouldn't expect any piece not already in the arc to come into play.
I'm not particularly gunning anyone's death but i'd like something unexpected and shocking that'd shake the fandom up. Everybody is loving this stuff but they're too comfortable in what they expect from Oda in these big epic turning point arcs. Want something not too obviously crazy but unpredictable.

My only candidates coming to mind would be Kinemon or Carrot.

Maybe get crazier and kill off Rayleigh.

I'm not particularly gunning anyone's death but i'd like something unexpected and shocking that'd shake the fandom up. Everybody is loving this stuff but they're too comfortable in what they expect from Oda in these big epic turning point arcs. Want something not too obviously crazy but unpredictable.

My only candidates coming to mind would be Kinemon or Carrot.

Maybe get crazier and kill off Rayleigh.

Kine'mon would be good. I feel like any or multiple of the red scabbards dying is an actual plausible thing if Oda wants to raise the stakes and shake people up. Some of them dying right as Luffy gets to Kaido maybe.

Rayleigh would be a shock, but weird because someone would need to double back to Saoboady to kill him unless it's sickness. Maybe we get another Rayleigh flashback to Luffy's training if he's in battle with Kaido by 1000?

Kine'mon would be good. I feel like any or multiple of the red scabbards dying is an actual plausible thing if Oda wants to raise the stakes and shake people up. Some of them dying right as Luffy gets to Kaido maybe.

Rayleigh would be a shock, but weird because someone would need to double back to Saoboady to kill him unless it's sickness. Maybe we get another Rayleigh flashback to Luffy's training if he's in battle with Kaido by 1000?
I say Rayleigh assuming he somehow shows up on Wano too.

Back
Top Bottom