The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Haven't given Boruto or Yashahime a chance either.

I've been considering on rewatching Naruto. I didn't really like Shippuden, thinking of giving it another chance (I really should get to finally finishing reading Bleach :lol: )

I’ve never liked Naruto. It did air on tv here when I was little but my **** was Dragon Ball, DBZ, Gundam Wing and Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz.

There was something else I watched that had samurais but I really don’t remember much of it, including the name. Main character was called Kenshin, I’m 99% sure of that. Does anyone know?

No way in hell am I watching that much filler. Even the Naruto stans swear by skipping hundreds of episodes

Last edited:
Endless Waltz 🔥 :pimp:

Naruto came out right around the time for me along with One Piece and Bleach where I was reading the manga first and I was wise to filler and knew what to skip. So I basically skipped all the filler luckily.

For me the chunk exams just hit like nothing else. Thats what made me a fan. Was in to multiple characters. I was wary of DBZ character comparisons with Naruto/Sausuke being ninja Goku/Vegeta except what ended up really bothering me was how emo Sasuke was. Justified story wise but too emo for me. The first part really hit for me before the time skip.

In Shippuden, I was just not in to the villains and the focus wasn't the same with the way Naruto was the lead. Pain is whack to me and that whole Toni mystery wasn't interesting to me.

By the way, my 61yo mom bingewatched 4 hours straight of Jujutsu Kaisen today right after she witnessed episode 19 during our dinner :lol: That episode got her hyped, amazed at the animation, made her laugh, curious and invested in the ability system.

She went straight to episode 1 as soon as I ended the episode, even though she was in the middle of watching some regular show on Netflix when I proposed letting me watch JJK instead. From that point on it was nothing but JJK until she went to bed. :lol:

What we’re currently watching together:
Monster
Attack on Titan
Dr Stone: Stone Wars
Jujutsu Kaisen (she’ll be caught up in 2 days max)

When the Promised Neverland ends, we’ll watch that apparent huge disapointment as well. I think we both rated Season 1 a 9/10. After that I’m not sure. Probably FMA: Brotherhood.

Personally the only others I’m currently watching solo are Re:Zero, Black Clover and Dorohedoro

Last edited:
As someone who likes to collect things and likes watches, I’m feeling more tempted every day by those Seiko limited edition JoJo watches, specifically the Bucciarati or the Diavolo ones. If I could find one for sale that ships to me that is.

Btw, Seiko has a limited edition Boruto collab now too.

just caught up to MHA. All 4 one is turning into one of the GOAT villians. im still not a super fan of MHA but all this back story we're getting with endeavor and hawks along with All 4 ones true plans is really turning it around for me

IDK if I can agree with this. Erwin was in a completely different situation than arwin. Also the beast Titan was far stronger and smarter than both the colossal and armoured Titan.

The beast Titan also had distance and range against Erwin and there were no houses or trees for his troops to use to odm gear.

By the way, my 61yo mom bingewatched 4 hours straight of Jujutsu Kaisen today right after she witnessed episode 19 during our dinner :lol: That episode got her hyped, amazed at the animation, made her laugh, curious and invested in the ability system.

She went straight to episode 1 as soon as I ended the episode, even though she was in the middle of watching some regular show on Netflix when I proposed letting me watch JJK instead. From that point on it was nothing but JJK until she went to bed. :lol:

What we’re currently watching together:
Monster
Attack on Titan
Dr Stone: Stone Wars
Jujutsu Kaisen (she’ll be caught up in 2 days max)

When the Promised Neverland ends, we’ll watch that apparent huge disapointment as well. I think we both rated Season 1 a 9/10. After that I’m not sure. Probably FMA: Brotherhood.

Personally the only others I’m currently watching solo are Re:Zero, Black Clover and Dorohedoro
Been meaning to watch Monster.
where can I watch?

Yeah, Armin really isn't like a shonen genius. He comes up with great plans when needed but Erwin was out here already having the plan in mind ready to sacrifice whoever and eventually himself.

I don't think anything measures up to his plan for Levi to take down the Beast titan.

Been meaning to watch Monster.
where can I watch?
Well I watch it on a streaming site called kickassanime.

It looks like this Youtube playlist has all the episodes with English subs as well. It's kind of a slow burn but absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
It just dawned on me the OP scenes are fillered in with canon.
i was wondering why people are saying ODEN > akainu etc.

Back
Top Bottom