*THE OFFICIAL APPLE iOS 7 THREAD*

I think he meant the he downloaded OTA like I did. Don't know where to get a link for beta 4 right now.

Running beta 4 on the 4S, and it's running pretty smoothly. Definitely better than beta 3. Haven't ran into too much bugs, aside from the official Twitter app, where i have to hold/touch "home, mentions, etc" buttons longer to refresh the feed, but other than that, it's great so far.

I think he meant the he downloaded OTA like I did. Don't know where to get a link for beta 4 right now.

Thank you for the link fams

But after I download 1428 iPhone 5 then what ? I'm a newb at this ios7 beta stuff
Long story short I'm a jailbreak type of guy but phone was lost at the legends of the summer concert and the replacement i got was already running
On 6.1.4 :x

Thank you for the link fams

But after I download 1428 iPhone 5 then what ? I'm a newb at this ios7 beta stuff
Long story short I'm a jailbreak type of guy but phone was lost at the legends of the summer concert and the replacement i got was already running
On 6.1.4 :x

1428 is for GSM and 1429 for CDMA. After you download, make sure you backup on itunes. To install, hold the alt key (Mac) or shift (Windows) and click update. Find the file. Then it will install and you just need to restore backup to get your stuff back on the phone.

1428 is for GSM and 1429 for CDMA. After you download, make sure you backup on itunes. To install, hold the alt key (Mac) or shift (Windows) and click update. Find the file. Then it will install and you just need to restore backup to get your stuff back on the phone.

Last newbie question .

How do I know if my ip5 is 1428 gsm or 1429 CDMA ? I'm on AT&T btw

i just tried doing it after the download is done on the itunes installed to the the phone it shuts off and just gets stuck on the apple loading logo BUT it goes one centimeter only and it just gets stuck i have left it on for 45 min and it still hasnt moved 

i just tried doing it after the download is done on the itunes installed to the the phone it shuts off and just gets stuck on the apple loading logo BUT it goes one centimeter only and it just gets stuck i have left it on for 45 min and it still hasnt moved 

Try putting phone into DFU mode then do the update.

This happened to me yesterday, I had to restore to 6.1.4 and then I updated to 7 beta 3 through iTunes.
From there I updated to beta 4 through the settings app.

To the people will iphone 4S(s), how durable is that phone?

I'm thinking about purchasing one.

I've seen the drop tests and it failed horribly. 

I usually drop my phone from waist height.

So how many times have you dropped it from waist height without shattering the glass?

The only case I'll ever buy for a phone is a battery case, so don't reccomend me any otter boxes.

I had the beta 3 on my iphone 4 but it was making it run so slow.

What am i doing wrong? i had to revert back to 6.1.4

Honestly Beta 3 made my iPhone 4 crap.  It always shut off, it never notified me of new texts, and the overall lag on the phone was just terrible.  I stuck through it though, and Beta 4 was worth the wait.

So how many times have you dropped it from waist height without shattering the glass?

The only case I'll ever buy for a phone is a battery case, so don't reccomend me any otter boxes.

Any iPhone has a glass screen, and any iPhone 4 and up has a glass back as well. I have a 4S and it has a crack in the back of it from when i threw it during a fight w/ my girl :smh:

It's not the most durable phone out there, but if you want durable, go get a Motorolla Walkie Talkie phone or some ****. :lol:

iPhone 4 will begin to run slower and slower and slower as updates come along. That's how Apple always gets you to upgrade phones and whatnot. I forgot what it's called, but they've been doin this for mad long.

Basically, you're not doing anything wrong. Your iPhone's hardware isn't strong enough to handle the software updates that Apple is designing for the iPhone 5. Take it from a guy who had an iPhone 3G until the iPhone 4S came out. 3 full cycles of hell :frown: took me 2 minutes to open my Messages app before I got my 4S.

iPhone 4 will begin to run slower and slower and slower as updates come along. That's how Apple always gets you to upgrade phones and whatnot. I forgot what it's called, but they've been doin this for mad long.

Basically, you're not doing anything wrong. Your iPhone's hardware isn't strong enough to handle the software updates that Apple is designing for the iPhone 5. Take it from a guy who had an iPhone 3G until the iPhone 4S came out. 3 full cycles of hell
frown.gif
took me 2 minutes to open my Messages app before I got my 4S.
This

iOS 7 Beta 4 Confirms New iPhone With Biometric Home Button And FingerPrint Sensor - iPhone 5S and the rumored low-cost iPhone have been all we have been hearing about for these last few days. Finally though, we might have a good lead on something that we have been hearing rumors about for a long long time! The Home Button is perhaps the most vulnerable part of the iPhone, and it was hoped that it would be replaced with a capacitive fingerprint scanning button, and a new hint in iOS 7 Beta 4 may have confirmed that!

iOS 7 Beta 4 Confirms New iPhone With Biometric Home Button And FingerPrint Sensor

Basically, you're not doing anything wrong. Your iPhone's hardware isn't strong enough to handle the software updates that Apple is designing for the iPhone 5. Take it from a guy who had an iPhone 3G until the iPhone 4S came out. 3 full cycles of hell :frown: took me 2 minutes to open my Messages app before I got my 4S.

I'm scared for my iPhone 5 now. I take forever to upgrade phones.

The iPhone 5 should hold up well through iOS 7 and 8. It runs a dual core processor underclocked to 1.3ghz and I'm sure apple could turn it up if need be. If a single core A5 iPhone 4S can run iOS 7 pretty flawlessly, I think the iPhone 5 should have some longevity although the 5S may be sporting quad core but that's anyone's guess at this point.

Once mine got ran over, and not one scratch was on it afterward

Any iPhone has a glass screen, and any iPhone 4 and up has a glass back as well. I have a 4S and it has a crack in the back of it from when i threw it during a fight w/ my girl
mean.gif

It's not the most durable phone out there, but if you want durable, go get a Motorolla Walkie Talkie phone or some ****.
laugh.gif
I have an iphone 3gs and I dropped it hundreds of times.

I don't even get scared when I drop it.

From the drop tests that I've seen, the iphone 5 is the only newer iphone that seems as durable as the iphone 3gs.

I borrowed my friend's ipod touch during the holidays and I dropped it from desk height.

Screen shattered...wow. If that's what I can expect from the 4s then I'll get the 5.

Back
Top Bottom