*THE OFFICIAL APPLE iOS 7 THREAD*

Thought about upgrading my 4s to the 5s but with this update I'm going to hold off until next year and pick up the iPhone 6.

With the update it feels like I got a new phone so money saved for next year :D

To the ones that have iphone 4 with ios7, would you recommend upgrading to ios7?

i updated it and it's a bit more annoying now. The phone seems  to run a bit slower. 

One thing that really annoys me is that with mail, in the past i can just swipe and press delete. Now when i swipe, there's no delete button and i would have to press edit at the top and then select the message and click trash on the bottom to delete it. I guess it's easier this way if you're mass deleting but im someone who needs to check email every 10 minutes for work or other stuff so it's annoying to me

Edit: forgot to mention: i used to have like the most recent 50 emails from each email on the phone but now it has all the emails and i dont think i can make it back to 50 emails per email

you have to swipe the opposite way now left to right

I can't get weather in notifications. Also cant even sign into Apple ID for iMessage and FaceTime. Smh

Last edited:

To the ones that have iphone 4 with ios7, would you recommend upgrading to ios7?
i updated it and it's a bit more annoying now. The phone seems  to run a bit slower. 

One thing that really annoys me is that with mail, in the past i can just swipe and press delete. Now when i swipe, there's no delete button and i would have to press edit at the top and then select the message and click trash on the bottom to delete it. I guess it's easier this way if you're mass deleting but im someone who needs to check email every 10 minutes for work or other stuff so it's annoying to me

Edit: forgot to mention: i used to have like the most recent 50 emails from each email on the phone but now it has all the emails and i dont think i can make it back to 50 emails per email
thanks

it's actually right to left

i always did it left to right before 

thanks
it's actually right to left
i always did it left to right before 

Yea my bad u are right.

Things are just different with this ios not sure if better or worse just different

lol avg polls say other wise. All because a few people hate change Apple aint worried about that.

I don't hate change, I hate the lack of real innovation. Apple is now trying to play keep up with android when once upon a time it was vice versa. Now iOS looks like it was designed by fisher price

Was I supposed to update my phone some other way for the official iOS 7? Been running beta 6 and there's no update found when I check for a new one in settings.

Here's some actual help :wink:

1. Settings->Messages-> Make sure iMessage is turned on

2. Settings->Messages->Send and receive-> Under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage at" uncheck your e-mail addresses so only your phone number is checked

3. Profit.

View media item 584136

Why does it say "You will no longer be able to recieve iMessages at (email) on any device?" Is this important? And will my phone still receive and send iMessage?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i got the og blackberry playbook tablet and this ios7 is damn near identical. i like it so far. im having same issue with wallpaper photos not allowing you to scale down. im sure it's a bug that'll get updated.

^
I was experiencing the same thing and finally updated through itunes. Funny thing is I had to go to the apple store on Thursday morning to get my 5 replaced. The guy at the genius bar asked me if I had the beta on it or the official version.

I opened my weather app and turned and turned on location services and the weather was in the notification bar after that. I might have gone to settings to turn something on but I forget..

I originally didnt like iOS7 but ive gotten used to it :pimp:

Only things I dont like are the texting and how it doesnt make the noise anymore when you 'slide to unlock'

The safari app is so much better. My favorite feature is the swiping back/forward page feature. Have phones been doing this before ios 7?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom